• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hakuna Matata - Marching in like Lions!

Hi everyone! It's a warm and sunny day out - kind of hard to sit inside and work. I wish I was outside instead :)

Kirstie - Hmm... sounds like our house. We love putting the tree up but nobody ever wants to take it down :laughing: Sounds like your DD is having fun ice skating - does Ben skate as well? I'll keep my fingers crossed that your repairs work out and you're able to go to Boston.

Dave - Congrats on your race! I was passed by a couple of speed walkers on Sunday and thought of you! Forgot to answer your question before about the multivitamin. I take a multivitamin, a calcium/magneisum pill and an Omega 3 pill as well. Good luck with your 13 hour day! Did you get a workout in this morning?

Mary - Sorry to hear about DD :( My thoughts go out to you and your family :hug:

Margie - Sounds like you're going to have your hands full this morning! No gym needed today I guess. Are you the only adult going? Hope everyone stays well behaved for you :)

Regina - Make sure you check out RunningWarehouse.com I usually buy my shoes there. They've got awesome customer service! I think the team discount code there (15%) is WISHD. But if you haven't been fitted yet for shoes yet, I would go into a running shoe store so you have have your gait analyzed.

Kim - No way you totally look awesome!! DF actually thought it was more than 10 pounds (he usually doesn't notice those things either). Keep up the great work!! For Midsummer Night's - we walked to the start. The scary part was crossing Lakeshore? to get to the start. Other runners were crossing too so I didn't feel as nervous but boy do those cars fly by! Hope to see Kevin at Scotia :) Still trying to talk DF into it ...

Hope - That looks like a scenic path to walk or run on. I'd make the detour as well.

Jennifer - Hope you're feeling better soon! I think it's probably better to take things easy for a while. But then again, I'm always overly cautious. Did you go to a doctor after the med tent?

Sue - WTG on your 20 miler! Is that part of your training for Mississauga? You're not tapering already are you?

Mike - WTG on your 5K race! That's a fantastic time and with hills no less! I can't imagine how fast you'll be flying as you continue to lose weight. Very cool that you got to meet John Bingham as well!

AFM - I asked my PT to look at my ankle after training yesterday and he said it was my anterior tibialis that was very tender. So Saturday morning, I'm going in for an ART session with my chiro. Hope to get everything patched up so I can at least get out for some light miles in the next few weeks or so.

Training wise - Since I'm done with my race, my PT had me back on heavier weights for deadlifting again. Did multiple sets with 135 lbs but only a couple of reps. The last set I did 3 reps which doesn't seem like much but it was quite heavy at the end! Phew!

Have a great day everyone! I'll check back in later! :wave2:

Good Afternoon Team!

Vicky,No taper yet. My goal is to get in a min. of 3 long training runs
(20/20/22).

Sorry not much of a post. Issue with the trains I take to work. Need to run.

Have a great evening.........Sue

Thanks to everyone here for you kind words and thoughts. I talked to my DD today and she seems to be doing as well as can be expected. She was back at work today, and will be having a procedure done on Thursday. Luckily, she has a very understanding supervisor.

Hi Team,
Got my crosstraining in today. Lifted and rode a stationary bike. Tomorrow should be the first day in the 70's this year. I think I'm going to run home from work in the morning. About six miles or so. Also, if I can find a sitter for Robert I will be doing a 5K this Saturday. We'll see!

Dave~ You are a smoothie with the ladies! I even want to hug you! :scared1:
I used to take multivitamin before I was put on blood thinners. I can't take anything with vitamin K in it as it messes with my INR (thinning). No spinach, broccoli, or garlic either. I do have a Muscle Milk after every hard workout. Lots of protein, but easy on the carbs.

Mary~ I'm glad that your daughter is doing okay. I hope that her spirits recover also.

Margie~ No I didn't run in high school. I weighed almost 300 pounds. No sports for me then. I couldn't run a mile. Funny thing is, I just opened a facebook page and now I look younger then a bunch of the people from high school. I guess it's one of the benefits to having a younger wife. She keeps me going! I can't wait to get rid of the next 20 lbs. I was running 5k's in the 24-25 minute range last fall. Comeback from surgery has taken longer than I want.

Regina~ Weight training, crosstraining, swimming, all helps with running. It also gives your running muscles a day off while still upping your athletic ability and your fitness level. Recovery days allow your body to do it's adaptations.
If alot of things are starting to hurt, it might be a sign that you are overtraining. Listen to your body, or it could quickly become a much more nagging injury. I've read that your aerobic system goes through a cycle of improvement in 3 to 6 weeks, muscular system in 6 to 12 weeks, and skeletal system 6 to 12 months. I was overtraining. I was running probably 27 out of 30 days a month without crosstraining or resting. Now my body seems to be adapting to going longer distances for longer times. Although, I admit it takes alot more patience!

To the East Coasters~ Thinking of you and all the rain. Good luck!

Go TEAM!! Mike:cool2:

Multi Vitamins

Dave- who else takes a multi vitamin every day besides me?

Jennifer- GNC vitapaks everyday

Kim- 1 multi, 1 vitamin C, 1 omega 3-6-9 each night, and I put 1 tbsp of ground flax in my oatmeal each morning

Kristy- flax oil, evening primrose oil, floravital, extra B's, and protein powder

Margie- Multi Vitamins for Women 50 plus Advantage

Mary- Shaklee Vita-Lea Gold. (for those that are 50+) I see on their website that they also make a version without vitamin K for those of you that can't have it.

Mike- I used to take multi vitamin before I was put on blood thinners.
I can't take anything with vitamin K in it as it messes with my INR (thinning).
No spinach, broccoli, or garlic either. Muscle Milk after every hard workout; lots of protein; easy on the carbs.

Scott & Lynn- both take multi vitamins plus vitamin C, B complex, B12, gingko, omega 3,6,9, and several other things daily

Sue- multi, vitamin C, calcium with vitamin D, omega 3/6/9 (3x)

Vicky-multi vitamin, a calcium/magnesium, and Omega 3

Mike, with all my years on the planet I've learned that our princesses are the softness that smooths out the rough edges of our world. With out them we guys would all be fat and spend our days sitting on the couch drinking beer, watching sports and scratching where it itches.

Vicky, of course I worked out before my 13 hr shift, an hour of pool work. You didn't think I'd be slacking did ya.

Dave:hippie:

Got in the TM and Bike this morning, still a bit cold and windy out.

quick drive by post

Good Morning :goodvibes

Hope everyone is well. We had to abandon the farm last night, took the pups and headed to MIL's. While the house is high on the hill, the road has five feet of water flowing across. One way in one way out. If we stayed we'd be marooned. So off to grandas house. At work now dealing with water water everywhere. People are being recuse by canoe, rowboat, and even a surf board. But the sun is coming and like the saying goes, the water will go down.....

:surfweb:

Good Morning Team! :wave2:

Can you believe it - Last Day of March! :cool2:
They forecast we will have near record high temperatures this week -
Mid to high 70’s and partly cloudy.

Let us know how you are doing with your weight loss.
We want to share your awesome accomplishments and excitement too!
WTG-Robert 20#, Mike 16#, Connie 10#, Kim 10#, Dave 4#,
Mary, Scott, & Vicky.

Dave- my Tuesday & Thursdays are 12-13 hour days also-let me tell you after a day on your feet, 3 hours at the museum, constantly keeping three little one busy - without the gym I do not feel like I was slacking either. :upsidedow

Jennifer- Are you on Spring Break? :upsidedow

Kim- It's hard to wrap your brain around when the scaled do not go down, but those added muscles do weight more. :goodvibes

Kristy- Sorry...
As for repairs, I'm waiting on one part, and I'm afraid that politics is involved again.
:sad1:
Nothing like special guests or a special occasion to help motivate us to get things in order. :worship:

Mary- *HUGS*

Mike- Awesome improvement in health and physical condition.
And a DW who keeps you so young!:bride:

Interesting Article:
I've read that your aerobic system goes through a cycle of improvement in 3 to 6 weeks, muscular system in 6 to 12 weeks, and skeletal system 6 to 12 months.

Wishing you Sunshine and great training moments! :rainbow:
Connie, Dave, Denise, Eva, Gerry, Hope, Jack, Jennifer, Kim, Kristie, Mary, Mike, Pam, Regina, Robert, Scott & Lynn, Sue, and Vicky-

AFM: Last night I was going to take a 20-minute recovery nap after the kids left and go to the gym-woke up 2 hours later! I don’t think I sat all day except when I was driving all day.

Made it to the Gym this morning-

Talk to you in April! :wave:

Jack- we must have been posting at the same time.

It sounds like your area got hit hard!
Hope everyone is safe! :grouphug:
You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Good Morning Team!

Crazy evening trying to get home from work because of a freight train derailment. 3+ hours later so I passed on running but the dog got an extra long walk.

Mary, Sorry to hear about your daughter. :hug:

Changing things up tonight with a spin class since I will miss the usual Fri.
Make it a great day...........Sue

I'm off today so started the day with a strong 6 miler with Team Panda along the river trails. It's going to be 70s today but still freezing in the mornings for my training walks.

I'm doing the wash then a serious nap is in order.

Dave:hippie:

Well I didn't make training yesterday. I had my massage last night and I now feel like I have been hit by a bus!!!!!

My Dh and Dd are doing ballet practice as I type, and Tinkerbell is trying to join in too.:lmao:

Just paid for MCM and Air Force, now just need to wait for Phily to open tomorrow.
I wonder if they open up reg at midnight?

Just back from visiting my friends in Amish country. Had some lovely Oatmeal pie while there. It seems that during the Civil War, they had a hard time securing Pecans so they substituted Oatmeal for them. What a FAB pie and of course I had soft serve ice cream to go with it.

Now that I’m back it’s really time to get busy and train for Cancun. It’s the only way I’ll lose some fluff. I am committed to 20 miles per week for the month of April. I will start tonight. Never mind that we’ve had floods here in NH, MA and RI. It appears that where I am, we are high enough to avoid that issue.

I did a lot of walking last week but none of it power walking so I need to be committed to this if I want to look less like a beached whale in July. I will slowly try to get caught up with messages and posts and try to contribute more often.

Looking forward to more spring-like weather here.

denise

Kristy- please remember to post the Race & Date information so I can add your races to the Team Calendar! :goodvibes

Add me to the list of those that take a multi vitamin.

I use Shaklee Vita-Lea Gold. (for those that are 50+) I see on their website that they also make a version without vitamin K for those of you that can't have it.

Kristy- please remember to post the Race & Date information so I can add your races to the Team Calendar! :goodvibes

Sorry Air force 5k is on the 17th of september and the full is on the 18th,
MCM is on the 31st october.
I'm not running in pittsburg on may 2nd as i left it too late to get in.

Hi Kids!

Just a quick post today, 4.45 miles in 49 minutes, running 6 / walking 1. Strong winds in my face on the way out. Ugg!

52.8 miles for March! Doing the Bunny Dash Go Green 5K this Saturday.

Stay safe, train hard! Mike :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter