• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hakuna Matata - Marching in like Lions!

Steffwalks

Team Hakuna Matata
Good morning Team!

Finally, March is here! Let's do a Roll Call and see who's still with us! I am here, again, finally!

How is everyone? What are your spring racing plans?

:grouphug: Connie

Hakuna Matata Team 2010 Race Calendar

:cheer2:
20th Jennifer - DC Marathon / Full Marathon
27th Mike & Liz -Penguin in the Park / 5k
27th Gerry / 5K
28th Dave – Run For Children / Half Marathon
28th Vicky – Around the Bay Road Race Canada / 30K

April Races
April 3rd Mike-Bunny Dash Go Green 5k
April 4th Easter
April 6th Gerry - West Orange 5k / 5K
April 10th Gerry - Windermere / 5K
April 24th Connie - 10th Anniversary Oklahoma / Half Marathon
April 27th Dave - 9th Annual Kentucky Derby Half Marathon
April 10th Kristie- Aflac Iron Girl Clearwater / 15K
April 19th Kristie- Boston Marathon / Full Marathon
April 25th Jack - RI State Police 5k Pursuit / Narragansett

May 2nd Kristie- Pittsburgh Marathon / Full Marathon
May 2nd Mike/Liz - Aztec Assault 5K & Obstacle / 5K
May 9th Sue - Fredericton Marathon / Full Marathon
May 9th Jack - Mothers Day 5k in Newport

May 10th Gerry’s DS 10 & DS 15- Mini Muddy Buddy / 6.5 Miles & Obstacle
May 16th Sue – Mississauga Marathon Canada / Full Marathon
May 29th Kim - Buffalo Marathon / Half Marathon

June 12th Mike & Liz- WDW Expedition Everest Challenge
June 12th Gerry & DS 10 - WDW Expedition Everest Challenge
June 12th Gerry’s DW & DS 15- WDW Expedition Everest Challenge
5K, the obstacle course and the scavenger hunt.

July 4th Jennifer - Peachtree Road Race / 10K
July 4th Kim –LL Bean / 10K

Sept 5th Lynn & Scott - DL Half Marathon / Half Marathon
Sept 6th Jennifer - Tupelo Half-Marathon / 14.2 Miles
Sept 17th Kristy- Air Force 5K
Sept 18th Kim - Air Force / Half Marathon
Sept 18th Kristie - Air Force Marathon / Full Marathon
Sept 26th Kim - Toronto Marathon / Half Marathon

Oct 2nd Kristie - Wine & Dine / Half Marathon
Oct 2nd Mary & DH - Wine & Dine / 2 Person Relay
Oct 2nd Regina & DH - Wine & Dine / Half Marathon
Oct 2nd Gerry & DW- 2010 Mickey’s Halloween Fun Run / 5k
Oct 10th Jennifer – Chicago Marathon / Full Marathon
Oct 17th Kristie - Columbus Marathon OH/ Full Marathon
Oct 31st Kristie - Marine Corps Marathon VA / Full Marathon

Nov 7th Kristie - NYC Marathon, NYC (if invited)/ Full Marathon
Nov 21st Kristie - Philadelphia Marathon PA / full Marathon
Nov 25th Lynn & Scott - Space Coast Race / Half/Full Marathon
Nov 28th Kristie - Space Coast Marathon, Cocoa Village FL

Dec 5th Kristie - West Palm Beach Marathon / Full Marathon

Dates Unknown
Lynn & Scott - Trip to Europe; Baltic Cruise;

2010 and Beyond:

Lynn & Scott- Disney Alaskan Cruise

Goofy: Dave, Jennifer, Kim, Kristy
Mickey:
Donald:

Team Members: Connie, Dave, Denise, Eva, Gerry, Hope, Jack, Jennifer,
Kim, Kristie, Mary, Margie, Mike, Pam, Regina, Robert, Scott & Lynn, Sue, and Vicky

I'm still here.:wave2:

As for the repairs, i'm afraid that they are going to have to wait.
Like a lot of people things are very tight for us at the moment, and it was a choice between paying our morgate or get me fixed.........well it wasn't reallly a choice, I don't want to Loose my home.

I'm stilll sending lots of sponsorship letters off, you never know, one might have luck.

The weather down here is nuts, one day you nead cold gear the next heat!!! During the week the parks are dead, just how we like it.:cool1:

Jennifer You are FAST, if i'm not carefull you will be overtaking me soon!!!!

Hope eveyone is well.:flower3:

Evil Panda present and accounted for.:)

Today was speed work day;

2 mile warm up brisk walking

5 X 200m sprints (walking) 400m rest laps in between.

54 sec, 62 sec, 67 sec, 65 sec 57 sec.

2 mile cool down with brisk walking.

Today was awesome. I'm feeling stronger every day.

First race is a half marathon on Mar 27th.

Dave:hippie:

Good Afternoon everyone :wave:
Yes I'm still here. I read every post. I'm looking for a race in WDW for this year, not sure which one. So I'll poke around and see whats available.

Margie~ my chili finished second by one vote. :thumbsup2 I make a lean ground beef chili. I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. It was a fun way to bring workers together.

To my friends in the Great North~ Thank You! The Olympics were the best in years, the hockey was electrifying. What a Game eh?? Congrats on the Gold. I was living in North Dakota in 80 and got to watch the game at University of North Dakota. many USA players were from UND and Minn. (Boston University too.) It was such a night to be among fans and friends of the players.

You were wonderful hosts. From start to finish one word ~ class!
From the compassion and empathy for the tragedies to the exuberance and excitement of the triumphs, just outstanding.
One of my favorite parts of the closing was the lighting of the fourth leg. OMG, Canada has such a great sense of humor and humility. Well Done!

From the New York Times
In the end, the Canadians managed a smooth ending to these Games, down to fixing the glitch from the opening ceremony that left the Canadian speedskater Catriona LeMay Doan holding a torch, but with nothing to light. One leg of the Olympic caldron had failed to emerge from the ground. But at the closing ceremony, that leg finally appeared, to deafening cheers. LeMay Doan lighted the flame, in a symbolic moment that showed that the Games could regroup.

Jack

Yeh for March!

Connie, I forgot about that lion/lamb saying. It's a beautiful day so we are coming in as a lamb. Hope we will be going out as one as well.

Stayed up too late for the last 2 weeks & it continued last night watching the closing ceremonies. I needed an extra caffeine boost today (a mint/ chocolate bar to get me through the afternoon :thumbsup2).

Margie, I like the extra daylight springing ahead gives us but it really messes up the internal clock.

Kristy, How will the required chair repairs impact Boston?

My spring race isn't until May so I have a few weeks to go but the time is passing quickly.

Have a great day everyone. It's yoga tonight.............Sue

I am here, but not going to be doing any running for a few days.

I went out yesterday, did 3 miles before church. My back was all ready hurting from sleeping on a different bed than my own, but it didn't seem to bother me much during the run. It was stiff and sore during church. This morning it was so sore I could barely stand up! Went to see my chiro and she said most of it is from tight muscles. I've tried various back stretches, but nothing really seem to help.

It all started when I went out of town to visit DD's and I slept in two different beds. Then DH & I went out of town this weekend. Again, a different bed. I think the prescription here is tincture of time, but if anyone has suggestions on what to do for lower back pain, I'll be glad to read them!

I'm here!!!:hug:

Thanks Jack, I am so sad the Olympics are over. All great competitions, I loved watching all the athletes compete.

missing the olympics already!

We're watching animal planet eukanuba nationals instead. Waiting to hear back about a rescue dog... so it's all about the puppies here at home.

Had a good walk this afternoon, when I got an all clear from my doctor. He used to run quite a bit, and he said 'just make sure u have good running shoes'.

So Wednesday we are back on schedule!

HAPPY MARCH!!! :banana:

I am here, but not going to be doing any running for a few days.

I went out yesterday, did 3 miles before church. My back was all ready hurting from sleeping on a different bed than my own, but it didn't seem to bother me much during the run. It was stiff and sore during church. This morning it was so sore I could barely stand up! Went to see my chiro and she said most of it is from tight muscles. I've tried various back stretches, but nothing really seem to help.

It all started when I went out of town to visit DD's and I slept in two different beds. Then DH & I went out of town this weekend. Again, a different bed. I think the prescription here is tincture of time, but if anyone has suggestions on what to do for lower back pain, I'll be glad to read them!

I had a lower back issue last week and went for my normal massage - for my neck. Told her about my lower back. Wow after 1 hour I felt relief and then the next day even better and then poof after a few days GONE.

Best $$ I ever spent. I go once a month and really how much $$ would you spend to be without pain. mmmmmmmmmm, make an appt. you will feel so much better.

denise

I second the massage.
If you have a massaeg envy near you they have an offer on for an hour for $39.

Good morning team. Yup definatley having Olympic withdrawls....nothing really on TV:confused3

Good morning team. Rest day for the Panda, first one for two weeks but I've been alternating upper and lower body. Hard 8 to 10 tomorrow.

Who on the Team is doing the Goofy in 2011??

Good Morning Team! :wave2:

Not as nice as yesterday but it takes a bit to compete with 38° and sunshine!
The boys were outside almost every waking moment. They even set up their little table (by them selves), so they could have snacks outside. :goodvibes

Connie- Still wondering what happened to February - it might get depressing if not looking forward to Spring. :cool1:

Dave- Rest Days are so important to those muscles! :hippie:

Denise-Me too I do enjoy those massages... a lot! :goodvibes

Hope- hope you are feeling stronger today! :flower3:

Jack- Of course we want your chili recipe- I just have to leave out the things that make it hot! Can I still call it chili :upsidedow

Jennifer- How's the Track Team progressing? It's amazing the school year is almost over. do you think you will teach at the same school next year or are you thinking of applying to others?

Kim-
Olympic withdrawls....nothing really on TV
Okay it's extra Training for you ... no television :rolleyes1

Kristy- I am so Sorry about Boston :sad1:
But homes are a good thing to have too :goodvibes

Lynn- I have a friend that just applied for a Census job. I told her you seemed to like it.

MaryJ- Sorry to hear you are having back problems! Like Denise I have an appreciation for deep muscle massages…they do the body good.

Mike- how is work – do you feel like you are back in the groove?
Your training schedule looks great!

Pam- PTL you are better and the doctor has released you to get back on a training schedule. :goodvibes

Robert Glad you stopped by – I was getting concerned!

Shannan- Where are you? :grouphug:

Scott- you must be off and running or finally getting some sleep! :confused3

Sue-I do like the longer daylight hours that comes witht he summer. But the older one get the less they like to have that internal clock messed with.:lmao:

Vicky- :hug:

AFM: Gym this morning, elliptical 20 minutes, upper body weights, and a short mat workout. Ouch…my arm and shoulder muscles have not recovered from the mega shoveling workout they got Saturday.

Enjoy the moments! :wave:

I'm still holding on hope that I will go to Boston, and Dave I would wear team panda with pride.

Why is it when money is tight bad things happen??:confused3
My Dh has spent the whole morning on the phone as someone has gotten hold of his bank card number and cleared us out,:sad1: and we have been slapped with bank charges.:sad2:
I know we will get the money back, and they have frozen our account so they can't try to take any more :thumbsup2......but I can now offically sat that I do not have a single $!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I actually just had a massage last week, so I'm a bit reluctant to pay for another one so soon. I went to my chiro yesterday and my back is feeling a bit better today. Still stiff, but not as sore. Will probably try walking tomorrow.

I think just going to the grocery store will be enough exercise for today! :)

Well I just figured my taxes and since I'm now single, if I file seperately I'll get the opportunity to pay about $4000. I'm meeting the ex next week to look at filing joint. If she comes out better seperately I'm going to get stuck with the bill since she will take sadistic glee into me getting whacked.

Syko, your starting to have my luck.

I registered for the Darn Goofy, yeah I know "I ain't doing that again, nope no way". So just don't go there:snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter