Hakuna Matata - Jazzed for January

Hi, Emily! Have you seen the PF sleeves by Feetures? My DH had PF and I bought him one at a previous Disney expo. It helped alleviate his pain.

Hung and Kipp: I look forward to seeing you in Florida!

Lynn: Looking forward to hearing about your trip. I love London! Any chance you'll take a trip over to Paris? When we went I regretted not doing that.

Hi, Emily! Have you seen the PF sleeves by Feetures? My DH had PF and I bought him one at a previous Disney expo. It helped alleviate his pain.

Hung and Kipp: I look forward to seeing you in Florida!

Lynn: Looking forward to hearing about your trip. I love London! Any chance you'll take a trip over to Paris? When we went I regretted not doing that.

No, we are not planning on Paris this time, we were thinking of it when we were planning to add Tokyo DL to our China trip, but those plans fell thru, so, no plans to hit all Disney parks this year.

Again, safe travels to all who are traveling, and have a great time at WDW to all who are going!

Safe travels and PD for races to all my team members headed to (or at) WDW!

Hello team!

Elizabeth - Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for the sleeve at the Tink expo.

Lynn - I definitely recommend Australia, hope you make it there someday. London sounds exciting! I've always wanted to go there.

AFM - It's very cold for So Cal right now. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight. I hope it warms up before the race next weekend. Worked out on my elliptical last night cause I didn't want to go outside.

Again, good luck to everyone racing at WDW this weekend!

Emily

Emily - I see someone else not at WDW! Very cold here also, -2, wind chill is
-26. We got about 2-4 inches of snow - I do not know haw they calculate that as it was blowing, so it is now drifted, some areas bare, others with good sized drifts. Keep warm!

Have a great day team!

Hope everyone at WDW is having/had a great time. I hope the heat did not affect anyone adversely. It has been really cold here in Wyoming, right now the temp is -13 and wind chill about -25.

Safe travels to all on their way home!

Pixie Dust to all who are in need - especially those who went "Goofy"!

Have a great day team!

Wow, what a great weekend! Glad I met several of you in person...whether we ate together, ran together, or just hung out; you all helped make this an awesome experience. Highly doubtful I will do it again next year, but Goofy 2015 is definitely a possibility!

Robbie

Happy Wednesday, everyone,

Safe travels to those returning from WDW. I see many are already back to reality. We had to cut our trip short because my mother was in a car accident. She is not injured but there are several issues (repairs, insurance, etc) for me to handle since she was driving my car.

Robbie: Congrats on going Goofy! It was great to meet you.

Lynn: Safe travels; enjoy your trip!

Emily: Do you feel ready for the TB half?

Like Robbie and Dave, I don't think I'll make it back next year. 2015 is looking promising, though. Perhaps I'll go Goofy with the rest of you!

Hey all! got back tuesday from a fab week at disney and a GREAT time running the marathon with my teammates! so happy to meet everyone and really hope we get to join together again soon for a run! will write more later when catch up on work!

Kimberly

Back to training today. I have the Nike Women's Half coming up in late April. I'm getting serious about some speed work so that I can improve my time. My new schedule:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: run
Wednesday: speed work
Thursday: run
Friday:rest
Saturday: long run
Sunday: cross training

I have two rest days because my knees are giving me some problems. Not sure why but I don't want to go into this race injured so I'm adding another rest day. I plan to add runs on Monday once the knee pain is gone. Advice on this schedule is welcome!

Hi team! Happy Friday! I'm back from vacation and back to work. Lots to catch up on so I'm going to keep it short.

It was so great spending time with everyone last week! I loved hanging out, eating, drinking, running, walking and shopping with everyone :) I had a blast! And the week went by much too quickly.

So proud of all of you who toughed out the hot weather and humidity and did your races - the half, the full and to everyone who did their first Goofy races. What a year to do back to back races in! You guys motivate and inspire me to keep running and training!

I never did get a chance to ask but what are some of your goals for 2013? I'm still thinking about mine :)

Elizabeth - pixiedust: for your mom! I hope everything is okay and that the insurance and repair issues won't give you too many problems. We will have to chat more about DC and plan a get together!

Ok I gotta get back to work and catch up. I'm hoping to have a race report sometime soon :)

Hi Everyone! I'm sure you all thought I must've hung up my running shoes, but I just got out of the habit of checking in here. I thought of you all last weekend while the marathons were occurring. Congratulations to all who participated! :cheer2:

I have been training for the Princess Half Marathon instead. (Vicky...please add me to the list for that one.) I am also toying with the idea of doing a 5k locally in the first part of Feb. Got in 8 miles yesterday. My quads were screaming at me when I got home, and felt sore for the rest of the day, but happily they feel fine today. Good thing too, as I got called to sub at the preschool today!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

es45 said:
Back to training today. I have the Nike Women's Half coming up in late April. I'm getting serious about some speed work so that I can improve my time. My new schedule:

I have two rest days because my knees are giving me some problems. Not sure why but I don't want to go into this race injured so I'm adding another rest day. I plan to add runs on Monday once the knee pain is gone. Advice on this schedule is welcome!

I think your plan looks great. And I would leave Monday as a Rest Day so that the body can do some rebuilding from the LR and XT you do over the weekend.

I never did get a chance to ask but what are some of your goals for 2013? I'm still thinking about mine :)

45 is an important number for me this year...going to try to break 45 mins in 10K ( 2 min improvement), 1:45 for a half marathon (4 minute improvement) and 3:45 for full marathon (15 minute improvement)

I hope to run 3-4 half marathons before summer and another full in the fall. Not sure where my full will be, here on PEI, in Moncton New Brunswick...or due to all the chatter maybe even MCM. Since I hear MCM sells out super quick and I know I will not be able to commit this early, does anyone know if it is easy/allowed to sell a registration? Or are they hard a$$es like some other company we are all familiar with?

Hey Elizabeth,

I think 4 days a running per week for a half marathon is great. My only question is your Wednesday speed work. How do you run your half marathons now? Do you have a consistent pace throughout, but you just want it to be faster? If so, stick to your plan. If, on the other hand, you start off at a pace you are happy with but fade in the second half of the race (like many do), maybe consider every (or even every second) Wednesday to do another longish run...maybe not as long as your weekend run, but longer than your normal weekday runs. This will build endurance better and should be less taxing on your knees. I know this is difficult for many due to less free time during weekdays, but just a suggestion I think may help. If you do this (skip speed work), I would still like to see you have at least one run per week (but not your long one) at your goal half marathon pace. Good luck!

Hey everyone!!!!! Finally home well got home last night just still unpacking and thinking about what my fitness goals are for 2013.

It was so great to see old friends and finally get to meet our newest teammates. What a awesome team we have and I am so glad to be part of it.

After power walking the parks and dopey I took today off any physical activity but right back at it tomorrow.

I have worked out some long and short term goals and hopefully by 2015 Goofy Anniversary I will be able to keep up with you all.

I think I am going through hug withdrawls, we get so many hugs of hello, hugs of congrats and then hugs goodbye....now no team hugs:sad:

Kim

Hockeychic said:
I think I am going through hug withdrawls, we get so many hugs of hello, hugs of congrats and then hugs goodbye....now no team hugs:sad:

Kim, I am right there with you! I have been feeling those post-Disney blues and you nailed it exactly! I am missing the hugs and the team's feeling of connectedness and 'shared purpose' of the past weekend. Disney would not be nearly as special a time if it weren't for our team, and all our fellow WISHers!

Hi All!

It was wonderful to meet all of you! Thanks for some great memories! I agree, missing the hugs and all the smiles!

Working on my 2013 goals and will post when I do. One of them is to be more accountable to myself! :)

Lynn, hope you guys are enjoying your trip!

45 is an important number for me this year...going to try to break 45 mins in 10K ( 2 min improvement), 1:45 for a half marathon (4 minute improvement) and 3:45 for full marathon (15 minute improvement)

I hope to run 3-4 half marathons before summer and another full in the fall. Not sure where my full will be, here on PEI, in Moncton New Brunswick...or due to all the chatter maybe even MCM. Since I hear MCM sells out super quick and I know I will not be able to commit this early, does anyone know if it is easy/allowed to sell a registration? Or are they hard a$$es like some other company we are all familiar with?

MCM was a 2.5 hour sell out in 2012. I don't know if that's the case every year but when I registered in 2011, it was a week sell out?

MCM is actually pretty awesome at allowing race transfers and deferrals. So if you register and change your mind, you can sell your bib to be transfered to someone else or you can defer your entry to the next year.

If you don't get in right away, there are always people selling their bibs in the summer (I can't guarantee that but have seen it in the past) either because of injury, work commitments etc.

There's also the option to register through a charity but those can get expensive unless you're good at fundraising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter