Hakuna Matata Happy New Year!

Despite the cold, large amounts of snow and the freezing rain on top of the snow...I am in a particularly good mood today! :goodvibes Partially, because we have decided to cancel our September reservation and in turn rent some DVC points and stay ALK concierge! Now I know some of you have DVC, but I'm not quite sure who. I want to say that our couples do...Dave/Erica and Scott/Lynn. I sure would love a crash course on DVC rental...PM? We are thinking of buying in and though this would be a good way to test the waters. And I'm excited!!

I got 4 miles in last night...stopped and bought a guest pass to the gym. Didn't want to jump in to the full commitment yet so I got a 5 day punch card and it can be credited towards a membership if I decided to buy one within the next two months. So it really won't be money wasted...and I did enjoy running in warmth!

Anne - When my computer is acting up I go to TrendMicro's site and do a "housecall". Seems to work for me...finds stuff my regular anti-virus doesn't!

Diane - I still consider myself younger and I couldn't do a graveyard shift! I used to close at work and stay until 2-3 on some nights and that was kinda easy, but that was before my running addiction started. Now I'd rather wake up at 3 before I'd go to bed at 3! :rotfl:

Vivky - Somebody at work was just saying Mucinex-D works wonders for clearing out a cold. It could get rid of that residual gunk that seems to linger. Get better soon!

Shoot! I had planned on writing more...but DH's alarm went off and I should have showered by now. I'll try to stop in later!

Good Morning Team!

A little warmer today but that brought & will be bringing lots of snow. Wanted to go to pilates class at the gym. I'm thinking shoveling will be my workout.
Had a nice run outside last night. Not too cold.

Eva, we are SSR owners. We love our home resort & DVC. We have stayed at all the WDW locations except VWL with three stays at AKV.
Unless you want to buy into the new BLT (Contemporary), I would seriously consider the resale market. Buy where you want to stay.
There is a very limited number of Concierage DVC units at AKL. I believe about 5 two-bedroom lockoffs. If you are interested for this September I would look into this ASAP.

Anyone running any races soon?
I registered for the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in September. Doing the full as the tuneup for Goofy.

Have a great day......Sue

EVA re DVC, we love it. Your plan is a good idea to test the waters. WIth that I would suggest you make sure your stay is in DVC one bed room unit. We like the one bed room for the kitchen and washer and dryer adn the jacuzzi tub.

I am not that up on the DVC rental so would suggest checking out the DVC rent board,

Anne, re computer probs, a reboot usually works 75% of the time.

I hit the TM last night, weights tonight, winter blizzard here.

Good morning Guys! :wave2:

Just a reminder: I want to know when YOUR birthday is!!! :cake: party:

Next up, no DVC points here. Can't help ya!

Still slick and icey here. Think I will be doing a rsistance program today.

Already got laundry going and the Kitchen cleaned. I am running out of excuses to finish all my year end books! :sad:

Everyone do well!

Hi everyone! There's a bit of a snow storm in Toronto... should make the commute home interesting. At least the temperature warms up slightly when it snows.

Sue - I registered for the Scotia 1/2 last night. I wanted to beat the price increase. I'm also doing the 10K Zoo run on Oct 17th. The price increase on that one would have been $10. Have you run it before? I'm also doing the Toronto Women's 1/2 at the end of May. Erica and Kim are doing that one as well. I still have to get the rest of your pins over to you.

Eva - Thanks for the tip! I'll head over to the drugstore on my lunch break! When are you going in September? Any dates that cross over into October?

Anne - Try downloading some anti-spyware and anti-virus s/w. I use AVG at home for virus checking but the other names escape me right now.

Diane- I haven't worked a graveyard shift before. The latest shift I've worked ended at 1AM. But we had a TV so the time passed quickly.

Scott - I didn't know the DVC units had a jacuzzi tub in them... Hmm... Stay warm today! Sounds like we have similar weather!

That's it for now! Take care everyone...

Good Morning Team!

It has warmed up here, but the wind is back! The driveway is now clear of snow, but the walks that I shoveled the other day are now hidden again! This morning I had to shovel a path to the bird feeder to fill it. The current temp is 23 degrees, -5 degrees with the wind chill factor.

I did get out for 4 miles yesterday, today I will try to get out for a short walk with the dogs, winds at 25+ mph will make walking difficult. Today is weight training day, so I will get in my leg routine, and a Pilates tape.

Vicki – glad to hear that you are feeling better – some more pixiedust: for continued recovery! The doc I went to for my bronchitis also recommended Mucinex but he cautioned to drink a lot of water if you take it.

Diane – I did a lot of those graveyard shifts when I was working – the last 5 years or so, almost all graveyards! Since I have been retired, I keep saying when I go back to work – for that extra spending money, I will do anything EXCEPT work graveyards!

Connie - I did PM you our birthdays (just the other day, better late than never :rotfl: ), did you get it?

Have a great day everyone!

Hi guys.

Eva, Erica and I are not DVC owners we rent points from friends so we can stay together when we travel, makes partying easier if we don't have to stumple, I mean walk or drive anywhere after. Yes we party like athletes.

Our plan is to get out of debt including house paid for, then buying enouth DVC points for 4 2 week trips and a cruise each year. About a 1000 points. I want to just buy them without financing them, as you know when you finance you pay about 3 times the price. That is why we have to be debt free first. We are 50s if we were your age then we would consider financing.

We want to be able to hang with Scott and Lynn so we need points for the cruises and adventures.

Connie:flower3: , Hi sweet captain.

All our princesses:wave2:

Happy Panda:goodvibes

Despite the cold, large amounts of snow and the freezing rain on top of the snow...I am in a particularly good mood today! :goodvibes Partially, because we have decided to cancel our September reservation and in turn rent some DVC points and stay ALK concierge! Now I know some of you have DVC, but I'm not quite sure who. I want to say that our couples do...Dave/Erica and Scott/Lynn. I sure would love a crash course on DVC rental...PM? We are thinking of buying in and though this would be a good way to test the waters. And I'm excited!!

I am a DVC member. Have been since 1999. Our rep is Michelle McAllister. Call her and make an appt if you want the low down. No pressure - it sells itself.

One of the big factors for me was the fact that you are not locked into a week like other timeshares. I bought 200 points and then added on 150 - I had money back then. Some years we get a grand villa and have the whole family come down. We've done that twice and it's been a blast. Now with the baby on the way, I'm glad we invested.

We have used the points for a long weekend with girl friends, Mark and Miranda did a halloween weekend (Dad and Daughter trip). We've used them for the Marathon. Our annual trip the week after thanksgiving, a break from the snow in March. I consider DVC my vacation cottage that has no upkeep by me!

I don't think I would buy Saratoga or AKL or WL since to me they are too far out from the main parks. I did consider purchasing an add-on at BLT but business is slow for Mark so we'll be thankful for what we have. BLT would be nice, since it's on the monorail and with kids who want to go to the MK all the time, it might be more convenient. You did mention that kids are possibly in your future.

If both of you love it as much as Mark and I, the investment is worth it. Honestly, we were going to the BW 5 years in a row, once they put us in a 1BR suite, I went right down to the office, made an appt but knew I could never go back to a "regular" room. The convenience of that kitchen, washer and of course the jacuzzi tub -- :yay: I love our area at the BW. There are resales out there too and even DVC might have some at the other resorts. I remember when we bought ours the only place we couldn't use our points was at the BW Inn and at the Disney Institute (how old is that). I'm not sure if that is still the case. Also, we do get our annual passes discounted - so we can go down more often - of course!

denise

Denise has a point about location for your home resort, should that be important. We tend to stay where the theme of the trip is, i.e. BWV or BCV during food and wine.

What Scott did not mention is that, unlike Denise, we prefer the farther out location, except during food and wine festival, our favorites are Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Good Morning Team!

Who is shoveling out this morning? I've had enough & we still have a good 2 months of winter to go.

Vicky, I have looked at the zoo run a few times. We travel to Disney in October & are always away.

Eva, Another comment on DVC. Even through you are able to stay at the majority of Disney resorts. It is not as cost effective as a stay at a DVC resort.
For example if you wanted to stay at the Poly. There is a $95 cost plus many more points per night would be required. A week stay at the Poly Garden View would be 371 points where a week stay in an AKV Savannah View 1-Br would be 217 points during October of 2010.
FYI. 2010 points charts have just been released with some significant changes compared to 2009.

Back on the TM tonight. Have a great day.......Sue

Wow! We had a lot of snow yesterday! The forecast is calling for more tonight but we're running out of space to put it :)

Eva/Lynn - I checked a couple of the drugstores near my office and they said that Mucinex was only available in the US. D'oh!

Denise - How much of a discount do DVC owners get on an AP?

Connie - Will send you a PM with my birth date!

Anyway, gotta get going and start packing because our group is moving tomorrow morning. Second time in a year and a half. Then we're moving again in September.

Good Morning Team!

Vicki - Scott could tell you how much the DVC AP rate is, but I know that it is close to the Florida resident rate.

I am getting ready to brave the outdoors, it is 14 degrees, winds at 15mph, which makes for a wind chill of -4 degrees, but the wind will just get worse as the day goes on, so I am going to get out there soon. The dogs need a good walk! Yesterday was weight training day, and I did get in a good leg routine, a Pilates tape, and as Scott mentioned, a miserable short walk with the dogs.

Have a great day team!

Vicky, The DVC rate for an AP is $369 first time and then $324 to renew a premium is $474 first time and $434 to renew.

So – where is our team today?

Weather was not bad today, wind was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but my knee was killing me, so I only made it 4 miles – was trying for 6 today. Dogs were happy to get out today!

Hi TEAM! :wave2:

Mary, Connie, Dave & Erica, Denise & Mark, Scott & Lynn, Diane, Eva, Jennifer, Jen, Kathy, Kim & Mike, Sue, and Vicky!

Does anyone know if we have any Team Members struggling with the ice storm - power outages? It sure sounds like a lot of people are suffering and some might not have electricity back until mid February! :sad2:

Our roads are a mess, weather alert for more lake effect snow tonight, and it's a bit cold. But we are happy that we have power and keeping warm. :upsidedow

Not getting in my workouts or walks with this weather and the extra time it takes to clean the drive. :guilty:

pixiedust: pixiedust: To all those recovery from injuries & illness pixiedust: pixiedust:

Be Safe & Stay Warm! :grouphug:

:wave:

We had plenty of snow but no ice damage. It started off with about 8 in of snow then rain on top of that to make it look like we only had 6.5 in of snow but heavy.

I have not trained this week at all. After devoting almost 3 years to powerwalking and training for 2 1/2 marathons I am burnt on the treadmill. The snowbanks make it impossible to go out at night. I know it's not an excuse and I do have that nagging voice saying - you should be doing SOMETHING but I've missed other parts of my life so much that it's been nice to relax and enjoy a "regular" night of eating dinner, sewing and then going to bed. I certainly will get back up to speed this weekend but until the sidewalks are clear and daylight is a bit longer, my workouts will be different. I saw a on demand exercise program that I might try - only 1/2 an hour and works the whole body not just the legs. I can manage 1/2 an hour of my day to devote to working out.

I"m wondering if Dave has no power, some parts of KY had ice so that may be why he's among the missing.

We're cold just like Scott and Lynn, and tomorrow will be no better but at least the sun is out during the day which at least makes us all smile.

Well off for coffee and some fabric touching.

denise

Good morning Team

It's a fine day, although chilly this morning. I have an eight miler, today, so I am going to wait for a bit of warm up before I head out. Although it is only 29 degrees now, it is supposed to be up 59 50 by noon!

I have been working on my Books and getting ready for the IRS. I am beginning to think I work from home! Oh wait, I do!

Everyone get well, and take care! It's cold out there!

Good Morning Team!

It's Friday. :cheer2:

Our office is relocating over the weekend. So not much happening at work today. A little packing left.

More snow & cold temps for the weekend. Running outside is impossible.
Running on the tm really bothers me. Hurts my knee & back. Heading to the gym on Sat. for the elliptical & pilates class on Sun.

I have also joined another gym close to work. This will allow me to do weight training & maybe a class or 2 durning my lunch.

Very busy weekend planned along with many loads of :laundy:

Have a great weekend, stay warm & train safe....Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter