Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

If a party of two can sit together by one being on the bike and one on the side car how does it work when the line is split?

I wish I could explain this better - hmm....so imagine a hallway with a paint line down the middle. I guess you have to make sure you stay side by side with your other rider in the line the entire time up to the load platform? I am sorry, I wasn't in the queue very long to see how the team members handled odd-numbered parties. Hopefully someone can chime in and help clarify?

Will be at universal in September. Looking forward to this one. But it does sound like it might be a rough ride. Have a family member that had a C2 neck fracture, I think it sounds like a no go for them.

Any roller coaster with someone who has had a C fracture should be a no.

Rode it twice a few hours ago. I'll put in spoilers below, just in case anyone wants to ensure it's a total surprise, but I won't spoil the fun stuff...

It really is hard to compare it to most anything out there as the launches that are mentioned happen while you are already moving, so it's an extremely smooth acceleration. Unlike Rock'n Roller Coaster that launches from a dead stop. It also doesn't have large big drops like Everest or Mine Train (which is tame to begin with). There are elements of Tower of Terror, but I won't spoil that. This ride should not be missed. If you can handle Everest, you can absolutely handle this ride. I waited 5 hours on Sunday night and did the whole queue before it was shut down for weather and then twice today very quickly with no queue, due to the fast moving line, and I would absolutely recommend taking standby line at least once. Universal has knocked it out of the park with this ride and if it is indication of the things to come, all other theme parks should step up their game. Would be happy to answer any specific questions, if anyone is interested.
Can you elaborate on the tower of terror reference? I hate tower of terror . I have ridden Everest an mine train . Thank you

Can you elaborate on the tower of terror reference? I hate tower of terror . I have ridden Everest an mine train . Thank you

There is one 17-foot vertical drop. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but....Tower of Terror is my favorite ride.

I wish I could explain this better - hmm....so imagine a hallway with a paint line down the middle. I guess you have to make sure you stay side by side with your other rider in the line the entire time up to the load platform? I am sorry, I wasn't in the queue very long to see how the team members handled odd-numbered parties. Hopefully someone can chime in and help clarify?
Are you able to see the other person when you go down the separate lines? Is it also explained that if you stay together in line you won't be together on the ride? It sounds confusing.

Are you able to see the other person when you go down the separate lines? Is it also explained that if you stay together in line you won't be together on the ride? It sounds confusing.

This is what I heard (someone can clarify if I got something wrong, or can explain better) that for almost the whole time you're with your party. Then at the end, you're given a card, one for being in the seat, one for the bike, then the line is split into two at the very end briefly. You're standing right next to each other in the line. That is what has been described / what I've read.

For how it actual works, this is my theory. Think of it as FJ, how there is a regular queue line then SR line towards the end. Instead of you being all in one line and the singles being in one line. Think of it as, for example, if you're a couple, you'd be in the regular queue and your partner being in the SR line and each of you go one by one.

As for odd numbers (one again my theory how it'll work), for example, if there was three people, I would imagine the third would either sit in the bike, or car seat depending on what they'd want and sit behind who they're with and have a single next to that person, or they'd pair another odd pairing with one person sitting next to the other odd person and the pair behind. However, more than likely, it will be just easier to match singles with odd number groups, especially since it'd move the SR line faster.

This is what I heard (someone can clarify if I got something wrong, or can explain better) that for almost the whole time you're with your party. Then at the end, you're given a card, one for being in the seat, one for the bike, then the line is split into two at the very end briefly. You're standing right next to each other in the line. That is what has been described / what I've read.

For how it actual works, this is my theory. Think of it as FJ, how there is a regular queue line then SR line towards the end. Instead of you being all in one line and the singles being in one line. Think of it as, for example, if you're a couple, you'd be in the regular queue and your partner being in the SR line and each of you go one by one.

As for odd numbers (one again my theory how it'll work), for example, if there was three people, I would imagine the third would either sit in the bike, or car seat depending on what they'd want and sit behind who they're with and have a single next to that person, or they'd pair another odd pairing with one person sitting next to the other odd person and the pair behind. However, more than likely, it will be just easier to match singles with odd number groups, especially since it'd move the SR line faster.

Thank you for explaining. I was trying to figure it out since I have a 9 year old who will freak if we get separated. I was wondering how it would work.

Thanks for the more in depth explanation I think I understand it better now.

Thank you for explaining. I was trying to figure it out since I have a 9 year old who will freak if we get separated. I was wondering how it would work.

No problem. For how it actually works, once again, my theory, not fact. However, the first part is definitely what I've read from different people of how it works.

Also, when above @Sehsun described it as a line painted in between the two, I just imagined FJ, how the queue and SR lines appear next to each other, only there is a railing between the two. Besides, I would imagine Universal have common sense to not separate parties too much, as regardless of age can cause uneasiness, or if not completely organized, confusion.

Besides, if not for separation anxiety, I've always seen not just parents to children needing prep talks before getting on certain rides, but also couples as well, of all ages. While it's advertised as being "family friendly" I have a feeling this is going to be quite an exciting ride.

Yes, you will be able to see the other person when in the last part of the queue. The last part of the queue is a straight "hallway," so to speak. It is only a blue line down the middle that "divides" you. If the line moves continuously, and you stay side by side in the last part of the queue (the hallway), you should be able to ride together.

Also, when above @Sehsun described it as a line painted in between the two, I just imagined FJ, how the queue and SR lines appear next to each other, only there is a railing between the two.

You are correct! :) Same room, same queue, just a small barrier down the middle.

I was hoping that the DIS team would have posted this part of the queue in their full walk-through video (I scrolled through till the last room just before load, and the video cut to the load platform). Perhaps it was different because it was a media preview, and they loaded the ride a bit differently than we did during team member previews.

For those wondering about the "Virtual Line", on another board I read for those that were at the media previews, it was explained to them a little more clearly:

Virtual Line will only be used when the main queue is full, preventing the line from spilling into Hogsmeade and causing Hogsmeade itself from becoming over-crowded.

So it won't be like the other implementations of Virtual queue, where when you go back on your return time it's just a small wait from there. It will be a time to come back and get in the FULL LINE, which could still be hours long wait.

Yes, you will be able to see the other person when in the last part of the queue. The last part of the queue is a straight "hallway," so to speak. It is only a blue line down the middle that "divides" you. If the line moves continuously, and you stay side by side in the last part of the queue (the hallway), you should be able to ride together.

You are correct! :) Same room, same queue, just a small barrier down the middle.

I was hoping that the DIS team would have posted this part of the queue in their full walk-through video (I scrolled through till the last room just before load, and the video cut to the load platform). Perhaps it was different because it was a media preview, and they loaded the ride a bit differently than we did during team member previews.

Thank you. We are a party of 3, so I think we will have whoever is going SR to stay behind the kid.

For those who were asking about getting into a virtual line while not in the park, there is a way around that. I think it is probably not want Universal wants and therefore I'm not going to post it here, but if anyone wants more info you can PM me and I'll explain it.

AH! The ride looks so good, really hoping it won't be too manic in September but I'm sure it's worth the queue especially for the first time you ride it.

Where is this DIS team video you speak of? I'd really like to see it....

For those wondering about the "Virtual Line", on another board I read for those that were at the media previews, it was explained to them a little more clearly:

Virtual Line will only be used when the main queue is full, preventing the line from spilling into Hogsmeade and causing Hogsmeade itself from becoming over-crowded.

So it won't be like the other implementations of Virtual queue, where when you go back on your return time it's just a small wait from there. It will be a time to come back and get in the FULL LINE, which could still be hours long wait.

Wow, I was reading that and going along, like yes, this makes sense, to prevent congestion for Hogsmeade would be nice, and suddenly got hit with that shocker at the end. 😲

So update I've read on TM Previews and potential softs. There are more TM Previews occurring today from 12:30 to 2:00. Then after that there *might* be some softs.....

Take with a grain of salt.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to what the average wait would be from the sign/entrance to the actual ride? That is a reaaaaaalllly long queue.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to what the average wait would be from the sign/entrance to the actual ride? That is a reaaaaaalllly long queue.

If that entire queue was full all the way back to the ride entrance, I would speculate 2-3 hrs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!