Gymboree $4.99 Frenzy

GoofyMomInOhio

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else hit the $4.99 Frenzy at Gymboree? I got some great deals for my DD5 for our March trip. All of the clothes, etc. were from the Spring 09 line. Dresses, pants, and raincoats were $4.99 and short and capris were $2.99. I got lucky and also had a coupon. There wasn't too much left in her size - 7.:thumbsup2

When was the $4.99 frenzy. I'm looking online right now and am not finding any of the spring '09 line for that price. Is the deal going on instore?

Yes, it's instore. Online is pretty limited due to gymbucks just ending.

ETA - I hit the store this morning and got 2 shorts/tshirt outfits, raincoat, valentine tshirt, birthday tshirt, swimsuit, rash guard and sandals for less than $50.

Yup, I was there right at 10am and bought $38 worth of stuff after my coupon! :cool1:

I would have bought more, but I couldn't justify it since I just spent $100 last month because of GBR. :crazy2:

I know someone's going to ask..you can get a coupon in the latest issue of Plum magazine. Happy shopping! :cheer2:

I just happened to pop in there this morning. Got $311 worth of stuff for $56!

Nothing was labeled--the price tag on everything I got showed full price. The line that was on sale has a rhinestone type decoration somewhere on the garment. People were grabbing items like crazy and the wall was almost bare by the time I checked out.

I got 4 pairs of jeans online, and a shirt for $25.00! I reeeeeeeally want to go to the store, but its like 45 minutes away, and by the time I get there I'm afraid everything will be picked over, and it will be a wasted trip.

Capris are $2.99? I didn't realize -- now I guess I should go back and see if there is anything left.
I don't think the 18-24 month baby line is on sale. I wanted something that was offered in the baby line -- it wasn't on sale.

I got $285 of the new line for 37.xx after my coupon. My store didn't even know about the sale the sales clerk didn't believe me until she rung it up.

Thanks for the heads up. I just got back from shopping. I spent $78 and got 18 items. 2 dresses, 1 sweater, 1 jacket, 3 shorts, 2 tshirts, 2 longsleeve tshirts, 2 denim capris, 2 cotton capris, 2 tanktops, and 1 pants. The pickings were getting slim by the time i checked out.

FYI- mostly kid girl, just about anything with the rhinestones on it from the newest rainbow line, and the daisy line. a couple things from the aqua/green line. I was on a budget, but still got 5 items for $25. :thumbsup2 Including a dress that was $34.75 yesterday! Denim-like capris too- it was great!

WOW I'm sad I missed it!! Is it just Monday?

Is there a link about the details? I have a coupon too (they mailed it to me!)

Nothing was labeled--the price tag on everything I got showed full price. The line that was on sale has a rhinestone type decoration somewhere on the garment. People were grabbing items like crazy and the wall was almost bare by the time I checked out.[/QUOTE]

It was like this at my store too! The poor saleslady was all by herself but was handling it really well. She was digging through stuff in the back and people were calling out the size they needed when she cam out. Reminded me of black friday shopping. It was funny when someone discovered something on sale and everyone rushed over. I wish I would have been there earlier so I could have got some shorts and more capris for our trip but I am still really happy!:)

Does anyone know what was on sale in the Fashion Flower (blue/green) line?
I've already hit up two Gymborees, but it's hard to know what's on sale when it's not marked. I really shouldn't be buying anything else (spent way too much during Gymbucks redemption) but if there are some nice things in FF available, I might be persuaded.
For those who haven't gone yet, go! I know in the two stores I went to, they were still pulling merchandise out of the back. They were not prepared for the $4.99 madness.

FYI, the rhinestone blue jeans and white jeans from the Full of Heart/Valentine line were also on sale, $4.99 from $29.50. I don't think many people realized it at the Gymboree stores I went to because there were still quite a few available.

The cute jeans from FF and yellow/green shirt. Our Gymbo didn't carry FF-but they had the sunglasses. Went a little crazy and bought lots for next year due to limited sizes. At $3.86-couldn't beat it! Bought 24 items for under $100. Another board stated many ebayers coming in (or calling) and buying EVERYTHING. Not cool for the rest of us that are trying to just dress our kids! Our store (only one around) was really picked over from Gymbuck redemption but I was able to snag the sweater and swing cardigan off the display. We'll make them fit somehow-lol

I just got back from my picked over store. I was able to get a few early birthday gifts.

According to the manager, these things are being sold quickly because of new laws regarding rhinestones on children's clothing. Because of the soon to come stricter rhinestone guidelines, Gymboree is liquidating anything that will not meet the new requirements.

Thanks OP for the heads up on a GREAT deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter