Gustav

No Shannon, we do not have a generator. That was going to be our next purchase for the camper. :confused: We had been planning on getting an electric tongue jack as well, but never got around to it until dh broke the regular on when he forgot to put it up and drove off. :eek: How stupid! I was glad that it wasn't the electric one though.

Our one neighbor who has a generator will be getting my cold stuff in her fridge. :rolleyes1

I just did an inventory check and I have enough water and nonperishable food to last us 5 days. Whether or not I can last that long w/o a/c is another story. :scared1: I will do laundry again tomorrow just to have it all caught up. I will also boil a dozen eggs as they keep pretty well.

I still have not made it to the camper to get our little packets of condiments and other things I want. I figure the rain won't be hitting us until tomorrow afternoon.

I have not checked the weather again this evening as another crisis came up. Luckily I am able to hold off on dealing with it until after the storm. Man, when it rains it pours.

Does Rog have a laptop or another way to let us know how they are?

I believe that Rog has a laptop but no aircard so he as to find the net. As apposed to the guys with the net trying to find him:lmao: . He had said that they should have internet at the Hotel they planed on staying at so he should be giving an update

We're safe in Albertville, AL! Thank s to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts. Looks like it didnt the power they were expecting....but the streets are starting to flood according to the news.

We're safe in Albertville, AL! Thank s to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts. Looks like it didnt the power they were expecting....but the streets are starting to flood according to the news.

I'm watching CNN now and I just wanted to cry for all the people from that area. You all went through hell with Katrina and now it seems to be repeating itself (so far not as bad but still bad.) My 6 yr old was watching with me and he wanted to know if that could happen here cuz he said that was very scary to see.

I''m so glad your family is now safe Rog and I hope that your home and belonging aren't ruined in this mess! I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day. :hug:

I was hoping you'd let us know when you got there. Momaloya looks like she is riding it out, we'll keep the happy thoughts on the fire for her. Glad to know you and yours made it OK. Now let's hope Gustav stays in the less-than-expected gategory.

Rob, it is going to be fine where I am, just a little flooding and power outage. Rog is the one I am worried about. I lost everything in Katrina and while I tried to focus on the "I get to get all new stuff" aspect, after having to shop so intensely for so long, I HATED shopping by the time I was done. That is how traumatic it was. When a woman hates shopping, you know it is bad. :rotfl: I truly don't wish what I went though with Katrina on anyone. I actually began crying Sunday thinking about it when I saw evacuees here at the shelter near me. The rain in this one seems like a lot. Rog I am praying for your house and belongings. You really don't need this right now. Unless of course Gina was thinking about redecorating anyway. :confused3 Please don't try to come home too quickly. Try to enjoy your little break from home. I hope the hotel you are at has a pool.

Is everyone's spirit up?

Hi from testtubes in Evangeline Parish, Louisiana. Winds are getting gustier, but our worse is not expected until about 6:00 or 7:00 P.M. Central time. We are about 60 miles northwest of Lafayette. We rode out Hurricanes Lilli and Rita. It's not a matter of if we lose power but WHEN. Generators are on standby, the pantry is stocked, and the clothes are all washed. We even boarded up our windows this go round. On a light note, I placed our WDW reservations in the safe along with some jewelry and important papers. We have a trip planned for this December. We may need a vacation before that if Hurricane Hannah and maybe TS Ike? keep coming our way. Take care everyone and thanks.

Hi from testtubes in Evangeline Parish, Louisiana. Winds are getting gustier, but our worse is not expected until about 6:00 or 7:00 P.M. Central time. We are about 60 miles northwest of Lafayette. We rode out Hurricanes Lilli and Rita. It's not a matter of if we lose power but WHEN. Generators are on standby, the pantry is stocked, and the clothes are all washed. We even boarded up our windows this go round. On a light note, I placed our WDW reservations in the safe along with some jewelry and important papers. We have a trip planned for this December. We may need a vacation before that if Hurricane Hannah and maybe TS Ike? keep coming our way. Take care everyone and thanks.

Glad you are doing ok. Stay safe.

You might luck out with Hanna. Looks like she is coming our way on the east coast. We shall see.

Take care.

Glad you guys are safe and sound. Take care!

Looks like the worst of it is coming through your area, Mamaloya. Be careful, and let us know you came through OK.

Well, we are feeling the effects now. Not bad yet. I was told that the worst will be hitting us about 1am. We are all planning on sleeping downstairs just because of the possibilities of tornados associated with any storm. We still have power, but I am ready for WHEN it goes out. I am prepared for 5 days of no power, but after 4, I will leave. I cooked a nice big dinner tonight since it may be the last full home cooked me for a couple of days at least.

The kids keep asking "when is the power going out?" They are so looking forward to it. They think it is cool. Our neighbor girl was scared and asked me "Miss Sandra, aren't you scared the power may go out?" She looked so frightened. I looked at her and said "Oh sweetie, the power WILL go out, but that is when the fun begins." She looked puzzled. I told her that that is when you can play flashlight hide and go seek and flashlight tag and board games and puzzles and that we will have a party at my house. She then began to look forward to it. I am so glad that she is not scared anymore. I reminded her that the last power outage we had in the neighborhood resulted in a party at my house. Man, I really should buy a generator. :wizard:

Or more party supplies!!!! Sandra....I hope everything works out ...youve had a rough week!!

Rog, how far are you from Tuscaloosa? I was going to have a case of beer delivered from my best friend up there. Just let me know.

We drove through Tuscaloosa to get here!!! LOL...but thanks for the beer thoughts!!! We're may be leaving tonight to head back home!!!

We drove through Tuscaloosa to get here!!! LOL...but thanks for the beer thoughts!!! We're may be leaving tonight to head back home!!!

Rog- CNN News & TWC said that 95% of gas stations in and around NOLA are out of gas. Make sure you get plenty for the last leg home. It didn't look too bad in your area & the levees seem to be holding last I saw. Looks like you might have had a lot of rain, but very little wind damage. We were all keeping you in our prayers, buddy.

I just got off the phone with Ami and she was asking about you. I told her everyone from LA was holdin' up just fine so far.

Thanks everyone for the prayers; they worked for us. Power was out for a little less than 24 hours, and we just slept in the motorhome with the A.C. Cleanup will keep us busy, and several houses down the road had major roof damage. After the last scare and picking up shingles, we put a new metal roof on our house and it survived its first hurricane. There are many others who weren't as lucky. Winds gusted to about 60 mph, but nothing too scary. For our area we think that Hurricane Lilli was much worse. Again, thank you everyone. I read the Dis everyday. Good luck, loveDmouse, my prayers are with you guys and the entire East coast.

Better check on beer, smokes, milk and bread too - that's always the first things that go in a blizzard! :lmao:

Fox News was interviewing a gas station attendant in an area being lightly hit by Gustav and asked him what he was selling the most of yesterday. He, of course, said "Beer." As long as they have the essentials, that is all that matters. And if they don't, then beer will make them not care. :lmao:

It has rained here all day long but we have not lost power. :woohoo:

Now we just have to watch out for Hanna, Ike, Josephine, and I assume Kyle is right around the corner as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter