Gustav

BRDof3

Humpty Dumpty had a lousy PPO
OK, those of you in the soon-to-be-hit areas off the gulf. Keep checking in so we know you didn't float away! :hippie:

Well, the path just moved to put me in the danger zone. Luckily I am inland so the biggest threat will be rain. Unfortunately, the electric service around her is horrid. Any amt of rain causes an outage. During Rita this area was w/o power for a few days. I may leave just to avoid being w/o power. I don't mind roughing it, but no a/c in LA in Sept. I don't think so. I am still not sure. I need a vacation right now, unfortunately, WDW is not doable right now. I may head to Hot Springs or Houston, maybe even Shreveport. I would like to find a hotel with an indoor pool. Don't feel like dealing with the camper. Aw man, I have to take the camper. I have to bring the dogs. Maybe I will leave in the morning. I am doing laundry now.:laundy:

I really don't feel like going anywhere right now. :sick: Maybe I will see if the other wives want to go and have a party in Shreveport. ;)

Well, the path just moved to put me in the danger zone. Luckily I am inland so the biggest threat will be rain. Unfortunately, the electric service around her is horrid. Any amt of rain causes an outage. During Rita this area was w/o power for a few days. I may leave just to avoid being w/o power. I don't mind roughing it, but no a/c in LA in Sept. I don't think so. I am still not sure. I need a vacation right now, unfortunately, WDW is not doable right now. I may head to Hot Springs or Houston, maybe even Shreveport. I would like to find a hotel with an indoor pool. Don't feel like dealing with the camper. Aw man, I have to take the camper. I have to bring the dogs. Maybe I will leave in the morning. I am doing laundry now.:laundy:

I really don't feel like going anywhere right now. :sick: Maybe I will see if the other wives want to go and have a party in Shreveport. ;)

I couldn't remember if you were there yet or not. Be careful! Maybe if you just hung the laundry out on the line and left Mother Nature would have it washed for you when you got back! :)

Mamaloya, are you at Polk? DW's mom and stepfather are in DeRidder (well, here mom died @ six months ago). They have been there for decades and we've visited a few times. Even been to the BX there... or, I guess it's a PX (sorry, Air Force brat, not Army ;-) Anyway, just curious.

Yes, I am at Polk. Lovely, lovely Polk. (said in a sarcastic tone)

A neighbor told me that DeRidder is under a voluntary evacuation. I don't have cable, so have not idea what is going on locally.

I don't think we will be leaving as there are no reservations at any campgrounds I am familiar with due to the labor day weekend. I can't leave w/o the dogs.

Still doing laundry right now. Will head over the camper later to grab some of our camping supplies. Will also get gas. Tomorrow I will stop at WM on the way home from church to get those small propane tanks for the camp stove.

Now is not a good time for me. Gustav needs to go away.

Oh, I've been there, you don't need to underline the sarcasm. I pray you will be safe and comfortable through all of this.

Yes, I am at Polk. Lovely, lovely Polk. (said in a sarcastic tone)

A neighbor told me that DeRidder is under a voluntary evacuation. I don't have cable, so have not idea what is going on locally.

I don't think we will be leaving as there are no reservations at any campgrounds I am familiar with due to the labor day weekend. I can't leave w/o the dogs.

Still doing laundry right now. Will head over the camper later to grab some of our camping supplies. Will also get gas. Tomorrow I will stop at WM on the way home from church to get those small propane tanks for the camp stove.

Now is not a good time for me. Gustav needs to go away.

If you have gas money you and family and pets can come here for a few days...I've had to go to Tuscaloosa AL from Biloxi Ms....I'll go back when allowed to work at the hospital there!!! I'm PT so I'm not considered emergency help but have to be back for the next business work day after the all clear is called.

Everybody in the path please take care. Looks like it is going to be a nasty one. :eek: :eek: :eek: Cat 4 and they expect it to go to a 5. We are praying for you all!

I will keep those of you in the storms path in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:
If you are able please keep us posted as to how you're all doing.

Right now we seem to be ok but that could change. But Rog maybe in trouble. Hope it all goes well for all of us.

Lone-Star, Rog everyone else in the path take care. I heard on our Dallas local news that they were evacuating Beaumont. Is that true Lone-Star?

Lone-Star, Rog everyone else in the path take care. I heard on our Dallas local news that they were evacuating Beaumont. Is that true Lone-Star?

Not sure I have been gone all day. But I will watch the news at 10 and find out.

I talked to Debbie and they were talking to Rog and evidently he and his family are evacuating - God bless

Jefferson, Orange,and Harden county have been told to Evac.

Hiya Folks....thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. We live on "the Northshore" and have a mandatory evacuation setting into effect at 7am...they are expecting a 17-23 foot surge from the lake which is less than 2 miles from my house so were leaving tonight and heading to some little town called Albertville, AL. at the 5star high class Microtel!!! Im gonna feel like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny!!! But I like Bama...so we'll be all good. I'll check in as often as pssible...the hotel will have internet so I'll be on often. It feels great to know you guys are there looking out for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter