Guess who's walking with a cane???

2disneywego

Disney makes me Happy!!!!!!
My DH!!! We had another visit to the orthopedic doctor yesterday and everything's moving along great!
The 5 weeks of aqua therapy have helped immensely and DH is going to transition to weight therapy this week. He can drive himself short distances so that's really helped his morale!!
The Dr. recommended at least 3 more months of therapy to bring everything as far as it can go. He said that there will be a permanent disability , but he can't say to what degree until the full 12 months is up. The x-rays showed that the osteoporosis in the foot and ankle is declining, so that's more good news!

DH will probably be off work for another 2 months and then partial work for 2 more months. He had been feeling a bit down as so many people have asked him why "just a broken foot" has taken so long to heal. :mad: Grrrr, it wasn't broken, it was crushed!!! So, we asked the Dr. and he said that this was the worst injury you could have to a foot other than amputation or competely mangled. He said that sometimes this type of injury leads to amputation!! :eek::eek::eek: Glad he hadn't told us that a few months back! DH felt much better when he heard that, he doesn't feel like he's being a wimp!

So, only 230 more days to go until our big trip to WDW!!! Hope to see lots of DISers there! It's been a very long 5 months!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks!:D I was beginning to feel sorry for myself that I was being ignored.;)

I'm so glad that your husband is healing up and didn't have to have that foot amputated.

Originally posted by nativetxn
I'm so glad that your husband is healing up and didn't have to have that foot amputated.

Thank you so much!! The Dr. had never mentioned that in the last 5 months, thank God, otherwise I would have been even more worried!!
I'm sure the looks on our faces yesterday were quite comical when the Dr. said that.:p It's nice to be able to laugh about it.

I hope he can get rid of the cane in time for your WDW trip :)

GOOD FOR HIM!!! His hard work and perseverance have paid off!
Best wishes for the fullest recouparation possible!!!

sometimes folks just don't get it.. the severity of an injury does not always show and is not always easily explained...it is hard for them to understand how much damage is done sometimes.
I have learned to say... "Thanks for your compassion.. I so do appreciate it"

A year after my accident while at my ortho docs..the workman's comp nurse asked the doc.. "so when will Joan be able to go back to work?" The doc looked at her and said..
"Joan is able to walk a little... She has worked hard to be able to just walk a few feet at a time,,that is a miracle in itself..until a few months ago I thought we would still have to amputate both legs below the knee.. you just don't get it do you.. Joan is never going back to work.. everWell this shut the wc nurse up.. and it threw me for a loop too.
but you know what... that was 2 years ago.. I have come along way since then..

I may still hobble.. but darn I HOBBLE WITH PRIDE!! :D

That is great news, 2disneywego, thanks for the update!!!!! I recall when you told us about it, how awful it sounded. But he sure is making great progress. And that driving does do wonders for the morale, so very integral to the total healing process of anyone. Again, great news, so very happy for him, and you. :sunny:

Dan

Thanks for the kind wishes, they do feel good!:)

mamajoan, thank you especially for your words. It sounds like you've worked very, very hard to get where you are today and you darn well should be proud of yourself!!:) :) :)

I'm so sorry I missed your original post!! Best wishes to your dh and I'm glad he is getting better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter