• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO FREE DINNER, or, Feeding Nebo,,,,completed

nebo, if you ever appply for a "poet's liscense" you should learn how to spell it first! tee hee. (he HATES tee hee), love you honey... kiss kiss hug hug!

smidgy said:
nebo, if you ever appply for a "poet's liscense" you should learn how to spell it first! tee hee. (he HATES tee hee), love you honey... kiss kiss hug hug!
Thanks, Diane. You guys are so adorable. Since he doesn't have a poet's license, I guess nebo truly is a funny guy...on paper and in person. He's lucky to have you to keep him humble. I will remember to use "tee hee" in all my posts. ;)

Can I put Tee hee on my ignore list?

Ok, I'm going to ignore the shots at a sleeping nebo, and get on with the serious job of writing a trip report.
I turned in my poet's lysents and I'm all business now.

It really was a beautiful day. we got of of Big Thunder, and headed right over to Splash. And still, no wait whatsoever. We walked right on , and made sure we sat in the back, with nobody sitting in front of us.
It was that empty.

It's tuesday, after labor day, and not an ee or emh day. You have the place to yourself, baby!

Unlike our last time on this ride, when a woman leaped off it going up the climb at the end, and dragging her little daughter with, this time all went smooth. Ok, guess I'm going to repeat myself here for a second. In may, here at night, we rode this and she really jumped off on the way up the hill with her kid in tow. Barely made it to the side stairs, we saw it all with box seats cuz she was in the car right in front of us. The ride immediately stopped, lights came on, and as they were walkiing down the stairs, the Morlocks came out from doors we didn't know existed, and grabbed them away. Security is awesome there, they watch everything. In five seconds, the Morlocks were gone with their victims, and the ride resumed.

Anyway, no problems this time. And if you sit in the back, you won't get too wet at all. All that water you see spraying when the boats come down isn't caused by the boat, they have those water canons timed right there to go off. Just for effect.

Now, on to Pirates. Time to see the new version starring Johnny Depp.

It was still being worked on in may, we just missed the opening.

This has happened to us a lot. You know how they have test runs, trial runs, pre openings, rehearsals, for rides that haven't officially opened?

Well, it seems that right before the "official date" it gets shut down totally for about a week.
That's when we are there.

In '92 we missed Splash Mountain by a week.
In '94 we missed TOT by a week.
Then it was Philharmagic by a week.
Expedition Everest, and so on.

But now we're gonna see mr. depp.
Well, one of us are.

You know what time it is now don't you boys and girls?
Yep, it's time for nebo to have to interact with the ride cast members again,, and this time, look like an idiot again.

Remember that part that I said it was a great day? Well, it was. Sun was blaring up a storm, and my sunglasses are sitting on the table next to the phone. She is leading me through the queue, and I can't see a durn thing.

I slammed into walls, tripped on stairs, almost went out the emergency exit, and almost set off the sprinklers when I lit my match to help see.

We make it up to the loading platform, and I admit, it was a little brighter there.

But not bright enough.

Again, there is no one else there. But the ride attendant. She tells us to get in row 3, they have these short little railing separating all the rows that aim you into a boat seat. At this point, Diane drops my hand and goes into row 3, and climbs aboard.

I just stood there.

"Sir, you can get in now"
I had no idea that we were even that close to the boat loading platform.

So, I moved forward, and tried to get into row 3 and a half.

Yep, that railing caught me, but I guess no body else saw it. As I was gasping for air, miss cast member said, " Sir, I said you can get in now"

So I did my best, felt around and groped my way into a seat.

One problem here.

I am now in the row behind my wife.
I know because I hear in front of me, "uh oh".
Fine, I can do this now, I get up to switch rows, and she's thinking the same thing. We almost collide in the middle, but I ended up with her in her row.

I vaguely hear the ride girl mumble, " oh brother, why me?"

But then I definately hear, " Sir? Are you finished now? Can I start the ride? I have only had two people on this ride so far, and now both of the guys have given me a hard time. "
But her voice had a smile in it, and off we finally went. I liked the big hologram of Davy Jones in the beginning, though he looked more like Mickey Dolenze to me. Then the rest of the ride went something like this.

" Oh, there's Captain Jack. You see him with the sword?"
" Nope".
" Hey, there he is in the barrel, see his head?"
" Nope."
" Hey, there, you can see,,"
" Nope"
"Now, on our right, you,,, oh, never mind."

" Yep."
When we got off I knew it was a ride I'd have to come back and try at night.
On to jungle cruise, again, no wait. We had a good, young captain, and as you know, the captain makes all the difference in whether it's going to be a good ride or a bad one.
We walked past Swiss Family Treehouse, and I thought about it, I hadn't done it in a few years, not like I was expecting any changes, but, thought I might again. But my back was acting up and said, 'hey, forget about it dude.'
It's almost eleven now, and time for our counter lunch.
Now, gonna be honest here. This is where I don't really care for the dining plan so much. We have to eat now, if we're going to have an appetite for Ohana later on. I usually eat a big meal once a day. But it's time, and we agreed, we're going to split a meal at Cosmic Rays.

We order the chicken and ribs combo meal.
To split.
Between us.
Ha! What a joke that turned into.
The two pieces of chicken turned out to be the rotisserie type, a leg and a thigh, still connected, and the potatoes were mashed, with gravy.
Yeah, try to split that crap up. The one thing that was no problem was the pop.
Two straws.
What a concept!
We split the ribs, I got the leg and the mashed potatoes, she got the thigh and the carrot cake for desert. Still, it was plenty, since we weren't starving yet in the first place.
Did I mention that Slim Jims make a great snack on the way to the park?

It's back on through Tomorrowland, gonna hit Buzz, and head on back.

On the way, I see a few people standing in a way that didn't seem natural.
Not sure what was different, just different enough to make me look twice.
This is how weird I am I guess. I actually saw him, before I saw the talking garbage can. He was sitting on a bench, kind of mumbling to himself, staring at his lap where his hands were. And then I looked and saw what just a few people were looking at, this can moving around a bit, and trying to talk to the kids.

Now, this is a major achievment reached here. One of my goals for the trip is to finally see the talking garbage can. The other goal is to find Devine, at Animal Kingdom. Only I would notice the guy opperating the dang thing before I see the dang thing.

I thought it was pretty clever.
A remote controlled, kid scarer offer.
It was pretty funny. Every time it went up to a little kid, they had a look of panic, and went and rubbed chocolate on their mom's legs. Or just had that look like, nope, not seeing this, gonna just keep walking.

On to Buzz.
The first time we did this ride, back in double ought 2, I just killed her.
Unfortunately, that was the last time I killed her.
Or even won.

She has beaten my butt every single time since.
And I don't see why, or how.
It's agreed that this time, I get to control the ride spinner doohickey, and I have a plan.
Not this time baby! You are so much dead meat, even a buzzard won't touch you when we are done.

As soon as we get into a target area, I have that car spinning like crazy.
I stop it right in front of some targets for me on the right, fire off a few rounds, and just when I see her start aiming,,,I start spinning it again.
And as I'm spinning it, I keep the trigger pressed, you know, just in case you might hit something.

Next area, wash, rinse, repeat.
I'm not even looking at the score. And I can tell she's getting mighty irritated by now, but I don't care. All I'm thinking is,, " I'll get you my pretty, and your little Zurg, too!"
At the end of the ride, I finally move my eyes down to the scores.
Nebo, 35000
Diane 52000!
NO! IT CAN'T BE!

I'M MELTING!
She did it again.
I felt like Jackie Gleason, when he finally said to Paul Newman, " I can't beat you Eddie." As he through down his pool cue.

Sorry, gotta go, see you guys thursday, :bounce:

Wouldn't it be cool if they made something that you can attach to your sunglasses so if you wanted to take them off you could and then let them hang at your neck so you'd never forget them.

Wow, that's a great idea. Maybe I can market something like that.

I don't know, maybe it wouldn't catch on, and people would just think it was a dumb idea because it wasn't fashionable or anything.

Maybe a ball cap would help shield your eyes? :confused3

I didn't bail. My 3 kiddos keep me busy. Plus major disney withdrawls going on over here.

Thursday it is!

blind bald dude said:
The ride immediately stopped, lights came on, and as they were walkiing down the stairs, the Morlocks came out from doors we didn't know existed, and grabbed them away. Security is awesome there, they watch everything. In five seconds, the Morlocks were gone with their victims, and the ride resumed.
The Morlocks??? :rotfl2:

Forgot your sunglasses??? I leave mine in the bag. I must admit they are "reader sunglasses" and I can't do without them. I think I would've reached in a Disney toilet for them like Frickles.

Your day sounds like a lot of fun....Tuesday after Labor Day? Were the parks that empty the whole week?

lexmelinda said:
The Morlocks??? :rotfl2:

Forgot your sunglasses??? I leave mine in the bag. I must admit they are "reader sunglasses" and I can't do without them. I think I would've reached in a Disney toilet for them like Frickles.

Your day sounds like a lot of fun....Tuesday after Labor Day? Were the parks that empty the whole week?

I was there the Tuesday after Labor Day (the NEXT day) and it was totally empty the whole week! Nebo was there the Tuesday after the Tuesday after Labor Day. Which is also supposed to be a great week, and I hope so because that's the week I'll be there next year.

Nebo, another funny installment!!

And the weeks after labor day are pretty darn dead, every year. Except maybe now not so with free dining, but still pretty dead. Especially the first week, with the kiddos going back to school.

And Nebo, it's Thursday today

don't know, maybe it wouldn't catch on, and people would just think it was a dumb idea because it wasn't fashionable or anything.
Hey monymony, Oh, I'm sorry, monymony3471, well, yes, they do make these flip up type sunglasses that can attatch to your regular glasses. And they were sitting in my drawer in the room right under the phone that Mickey and stitch never call us on for a wake up call, I guess cuz we are sans kids now. You know, the drawer that all the change from your pockets goes into at the end of the day, and then leave for the maid on check out day?
Just to hear diane complain how cruel that is?
Anyway, I was told, you aren't really going to wear those in public, are you?
So, there they sat.

And Melinda, Tiggerbell is absolutely correct. We were there the tuesday, after the tuesday, that Jamie was there on, that was the tuesday, that was right after Labor day,,,, ok, here it comes again,,, that lived in the house that Jack built.

After getting whupped once again on Buzz, we leave and hop on a bus, back.

It's just barely one in the afternoon, so we change into suits, and head down to the pool. We had planned on varying, ,,, trying different pools this trip,,,,, go ahead, YOU spell it, ,, but the main pool was so close, and not crowded, so, why bother?
I've got my trusty Uncle John's Bathroom Reader with me, and before we changed, I took a couple of my doctor's presciption, painkillers, and all was swell with the world.

We settled into what were becoming "our lounge chairs", and it was terrific!
The pain in my foot went away, my back was still saying," hey! He took my share!" But I didn't care, tough! I just sat there, looking around, and Diane asked, " Your not doing the yo yo thing again, are you?"
(sorry, see previous trip report) (had to do with my first migraine attack, that even came with an aura, that of course I had never heard of, so naturally thought I was having a stroke.)

This time, sitting there, life was swell.
Even keen.

For about 15 minutes.
When I am at Disney, or even the evil empire down the road, I have a tendency to look at the sky a lot. Or, rather, clouds. At this time in the day, there was ONE stinkin cloud in the sky. The WHOLE SKY! And it was right over my head.

Drip. DRIP. drip, drip.
I looked up. Just that one little stinker up there, he'll go away in a minute or two. I ignored the cloud persperation. 5 minutes later, I noticed it was still doing it, so I looked up from my book, and noticed he had brought the rest of the Shriners. That was when I realized, that not all systems move in from the west, they have to form somewhere, and Orlando is a free-form zone.
I tried ignoring the drips, but after 15 minutes, I just couldn't. Diane seemed to be doing just fine, seemed to be dozing, but I just couldn't.
It was like the Chinese Water Torture to me.
I put up with it for ten more minutes, then I cracked.
I leapt up, started yelling " OK! I"LL TALK!" Which of course scared the hell out of Diane, nodding off next to me, and since she was now up, we went back up to the room.
"Thanks"
" Sorry"

In the room she dozed off again, while I practiced my "staring at the ceiling" routine again. After about an hour, I gave up and decided, "hmm, might be a good time for a cocktail". I grabbed the bucket, and slipped out of the room so slowly, so quietly, pulled that deadbolt over so I can get back in without clicking the latch.
Do you know that there is absolutely, no way of closing a room door on that deadbolt latch, without it making a HUGE "CLUMP"?
I eased that door closed within a 32nd of an inch, then let it go.
"CLUNK"
By the time I had the ice, she was already in the shower.
I made a drink, then started changing.
" What's that?"
"Huh?"
"What's that, behind the ice bucket?"
"Where?"
"Right there, that glass behind the ice bucket?"
"Nuttin."
She walks over. Ahem!
"Oh this?" I guess the maid left it for me. "Remind me to tip here in paper tomorrow."
"Where's mine?"
" I dunno". Guess she doesn't appreciate you leaving all that change when we left in may. "
"Funny." "Vodka and Sprite, easy ice."
We took a walk around our floor, sipping our drinks, and this is going to sound really stupid, but these moments are usually some of my favorite times staying at Disneyworld.
It's why I love staying at the Moderates so much, yeah, maybe not the Value's, but I love being able to walk out your door, and being able to circle the building and get all the possible different views that are available.
Kiddie pool in front of us. Main pool down at the end. Balou, around the corner, Big fat disgusting foreigner with hairy legs coming out of her room. Then, the lake, and back to our room again. And of course, now there's not a cloud in the sky. Back at the room, we stood there leaning on the railing, just looking at all the palm trees and realized we had to get going.

Man, once again, we're leaving a little late to get back to MK. History repeats itself for those that will not learn from history.

We got lucky tonight, no ecv convention at the bus stop.\
And no Little Jimmy.
At the MK, we went straight to the ferry launch, again. This is starting to seem like a very strange evening pattern to me. On the dock, we got there just as a boat was pulling up. There wasn't many of us, and we got right on.
Then the captain got off the boat, and headed up the ramp.
Uh oh, I figured that since there wasn't anywhere near a full load, he was going to go potty. I looked at the other guy in the cute little shorts and thought about saying, " hey, you can drive this thing , can't you?" "Now's your chance to show him!" But I didn't.

I looked at my watch, then thought about where he went.
"C'mon number one!" "Please don't be number two!"

He came back. I think it was a one and a half.
(your right, only I could do a trip report that focuses on somebody going to the john.)

And on to the Poly.
We have absolutely, no bout a doubt it, been to the Poly more than any other resort on property.

And we have never stayed here. "What!?" "Are you nuts?"
In the past we have come to just check it out, brought the kids to rent water mice, escaped from the crowds at MK to have a drink, watch the Water Pageant, Wishes, eat at Kona Cafe, and even just to use the pool, once.

And it took us a while to find O'hana's.
We checked in 5 minutes late, and it seemed really crowded.
So they gave us a vibrator.

Stop it now, right now.
Found a couple of seats that were just vacated in the lobby area, and I told Diane I had to go do a one and a quarter. As soon as I got back, she handed the vibrator to me, and said, ditto.

And, naturally, as soon as she disappeared around the corner,
bszzzzzzzzzz,
"I walked up, slowly, trying to time this just right.
"Hostess wasn't into a "timimg this just right mood though".

"Nebo,partyoftwo,followthegirl."

"Hi. Sounds like a Chicago accent, you from Chicago?"
Glare.
"Sir, your table is ready."

I figured might as well try out my line that I used on a bus driver once, to delay her when Diane had to run back to the room onetime last trip:
"So, come here often?"

Yeah, didn't work that time either.
Just then she came out, and found me at the counter and we were seated.
Let me share one observation that I made when it comes to ADRs. We were just about always seated before the family of fours, or larger groups.
I could tell there were families waiting there that had been there quite a long time,,, You can tell by the 4 year old that is hanging onto her mother's shorts, and just kind of "swinging" around because they are just "so bored".

I have to admit. This is a strange type dinner for me. You don't really order, cept for your drinks, and then just look pretty till the waitress/server, comes around.
And asks you if you want any of the stuff on a stick that she is carrying.

"Hokay"
First it was some type of wontons, no, these came in a bowl, with strange dippings.
Then pork stuff on a stick.
"hokay"
Then steak on a stick.
"hokay"
Then she brought out salads, "I'm sorry, I forgot to bring these."
I looked at it and asked for dressing.
My bad.
"It's already in there, what are you stupid?"
Ok, I made that last half up, but her eyes said that.
I swear something else came out on a stick, just can't remember what.
I kept waiting for a corn dog.
Now that's food on a stick I'm familiar with.
No such luck.
In between sticks, I found myself liking the wontons more and more, when desert came, I had had it. It helped when the desert was bread pudding.
Diane loves it, I'm grabbing more wontons and sauce.

The bill came, and it took a little deciphering. Since there wasn't any drink prices on the menu, we had asked her how much they were. What she quoted, and what was written down? Not even close. Then I realized, they added an extra gratuity on just the drinks. We know that on the dining plan that tips are included, but sometimes when service and the food is terrific, I'll add a bit more.

HA! Not hapnen tonight. I had ordered the cheapest "fancy" drink there, and Smidgy's was a bit more, or so we were told.
Our bill for those two drinks? 18 dollars!
We questioned it, " Sorry sir, Guess I was a little off on the drink prices".
Ya think?
But, to be honest, I still enjoyed the dinner cept for that last surprise. There really wasn't too much going on, kid participation wise, we were right in the middle and only saw one, "some kind of relay race".

From there, back down to the dock, and back to the MK.
And that's all , folks

Thanks again for everyone reading, I'm really sorry to those of you that have written , or are still writing reports and wondering where the heck I am.
I just can't seem to find the time, since it takes me so durn long to post my own. I do plan to catch up when I'm done with this drivel though. :woohoo: :wave:

I can't stop singing, Rain drops keep falling on my head.....

Then that Chinese Water Torture sound effects tape from halloween keeps beeping in........

I love the Poly. We ate there a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it there and it's my dream, wish, to stay there.

With my family.

For a week.

Sigh.

Back to reality.

Great job, it's Thursday and you didn't let us down. Yea!

Nebo, faithful fellow, you did GREAT again. And right on time... You Da MAN!

Have a fabulous weekend, and dont let the raindrops keep falling on your head....

Re: flip up sunglasses

"I was told, you aren't really going to wear those in public, are you?"

must have been the maid-the one you made walk around with heavy change in her apron all day (now she can afford that operation) :rotfl:

nebo said:
I looked at the other guy in the cute little shorts and thought about saying, " hey, you can drive this thing , can't you?" "Now's your chance to show him!" But I didn't.
Why not? After the exchange the Magic Kingdumb, I can't believe you passed up that golden opportunity.

nebo said:
I looked at my watch, then thought about where he went.
"C'mon number one!" "Please don't be number two!"
:rotfl2: Only you could make potty humor that funny.

So what about O'hana....really? Would you go back? I hear from everyone that it's a must-do but I don't know....all the meat on a stick just doesn't sound as good as Kona or Le Cellier? Or even a corn dog for that matter... ;)

I love to eat at O'Hana's - but breakfast is way better then dinner.

OT - My foot surgery is scheduled for Jan. 6th, so if you could put a big post up that day, so I have something to read as I recover - actually ANYONE writing a trip report, if you could all do that, that'd be swell - really appreciate it.

Just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing, writing, writing......

Jamie, I will do my best to give you something to read after surgery. I've had 5 on my foot. Two at Northewestern Memorial, downtown, two at Lutheran General, and one at some surgical center on Dundee road. So, where are you going? Hope all goes well, we'll pray for you.

Speaking of "prey",
Originally Posted by blind bald dude
Wow! Looks like Melinda went to the politically correct school of Michael Richards.
That's ok, though. That's what I'm here for. Wouldn't want it any other way. Just ask Sheridac. Oh, that's right.
" I'll get you my pretty,,,,,,"

And, by the way, to Diane's surprise, we were just talking about Ohana's, and I would go back there again. Unlike Jamie, we never went for breakfast, seldom have breakfast there anymore. Don't think they serve slim jims.
Slim Jims@ , brought to you by Nebo.
And no, I don't wanna know what happens when you squeeze them from the bottom. You can't squeeze anything from the bottom and make it look good. Even a banana. We'll be moving on with this trippy tomorrow, sure hope I can think of something to say that doesn't make it as boring as a recent Stephen King novel. seeya then, :moped:

nebo said:
Wow! Looks like Melinda went to the politically correct school of Michael Richards.
Just making sure you're paying attention...tee, hee ;)

Boy, I love this time of year. The stress, everyone tense, traffic near any shopping area ridiculous. And the timer on my Christmas lights just puked.

Baa, humbug.
So there.
Did you know that if you moved just one letter in Santa, it turns into Satan.
Just saying.

(ok neb, can we put on a smiley face hear? I really don't think that either one of your remaining readers want this attitude about Disney.)

One smiley face, coming right up. :love:

We left the Poly, and guess what? Cute little shorts is learning to pilot the boat. With the "when you gotta go, you gotta go", captain, right beside him.

It turns out that it's a good thing I didn't say anything to him about driving the boat himself.

When we docked back at the MK, he almost took out the pier, and half of Main Street.

It was about 8:30, no Stessfulmagic tonight, Wishes at nine. Yeah, that's what I call it from the joy of staking out your curb spot and trying to defend it for the parade.

I don't want to stand in Main Street for a half hour, so , what can we do that's nearby? Well, not far around the corner to the right, is my alltime favorite, you know, BUZZ. And, holy gee, no line! By now, I have no ambitions of being able to beat her. Well, yes, beat her sounds like a good idea, but stripes make me look fat.

I let her control the spinning this time.
Didn't matter. She just slaughtered me again.

As we walked out, to claim a piece of Main Street, I was just muttering,
" I suck"
" I suck"
" I suck"
" I'm just sliime, not worthy of your company. Just an uncoordinated fool who should be grateful that you would even be seen with me."
" YOU COULD STOP ME , YOU KNOW?"

" Why?" " I'm enjoying your inferiority complex right now."
"Thanks."

"Diane?"
"Yeah?"
" This inferiority complex I have?"
" Yeah?"
" It's not a very good one, is it?"

This time her elbow shot to the ribs missed, and my night was made.
We took up are usual spot for Wishes, it's right next to the window on your right if your facing the castle, that says " watch repair". If you go any further towards the exit, the lights in the shops there don't turn off, and it's too bright.

For us, Wishes comes in second on the Disney hit parade. Right behind Illuminations. Even beats the hell out of Carpentersville Days.

I have finally learned that the fireworks are not only timed with the soundtrack, but have even been designed specially for different parts of the show.
" Look!" " It's the Blue Fairy!" A single blue rocket explodes in the sky.

This is when, since we don't have any kids with us, guess I'm stuck hugging my wife. Which I do glady. Since I can't beat her. You know, that stripe thing.
Afterwards, we were out of there like a shot, and just about walked right on a Pop bus.

part one
gotta load pics
gonna get ugly
:teeth:

I can't believe we're actually DISing at the same hour of the day but here's something for ya....Buzz Tips for nebo

nebo said:
Well, yes, beat her sounds like a good idea, but stripes make me look fat.
DIANE???? Did you hear that?

They say the camera make you look ten pounds dorkier.

It is now wednsday, our big day at Epcot.
We have reservations for the Segway around the World tour.
At nine o'clock.

We were half way there on the bus when it ocurred to me.
I went up to the bus driver and asked him if he could turn it around and go back.
I even explained to him why.
He just gave me the eyebrow.

Fine!
Guess I do without the slim jim this morning.

At the park, we weren't really sure how this was going to work. We are supposed to be there at 8:30, which it is now, but the park doesn't open yet.
So we went up to a cm and explained, he sent us into a line at the far left to get in. Saying again, he had a book to look our name up in.
And there we are! Wow! After the card sticking and the finger scan, we are in, baby! We just smile at the people behind us that are now rushing up to try to do the same thing.

Suckers!

We go over to "guest relations", and sign in.
Something about that title has always put weird thoughts in my head, being the kind of guy I am.
I kind of expect everybody in the place to be all related to each other, with six fingers on one hand, and a couple of them playing the banjo.

We are told that our instructor is going to be " Lauren".
Fine, I breathe a sigh of relief.
Now, ya'll have ta un'stand, dat we took this here Segway thing back in may.
Only, way back den, twas da cheapy Simply Segway ride cuz we had spent so much money on dat trip dat we didn't half enough coins to rub togedder to start a fire in a matchbook factry.

An der was dis here fella runnin the tour dat day. Name of Phil. Well, dat dere guy just didn't take a shining to me you just might say. I know that's hard to imagine, but, really, the Hatfields and Mccoys called each other up on their cell phones and said " Let's do lunch", more often than him and I could even look at each other by the end of the tour.

With about twenty minutes to kill, I asked Homer where the nearest smoking section was.
His instructions were perfect, right out back by the outhouse, and we just sat there and people watched.

At first we felt special, being in there ahead of everyone else. But, holy cow! There was a bunch of folks walking around, all looking for where they were supposed to go for their tour.

we are going to pause here, because I uploaded and downloaded and sideways loaded these pics, and by golly, your going to see them.
Only one thing.
It's september.
After the shots I took in may, well, Epcot just doesn't compare in september. Soezz, you are going to see totally unpublished pictures from the may trip.
Hey, only two.

11-13-2006-15.jpg

Ok, now, this is my baby.
The creme de la creme.
The piece de resistance'.
And the picture I still carry around in my coat pocket, when I need a Disney fix. I'm sure it won't be anywhere as clear as it should be, since it was transferred to disk from a snapshot,,,, Hey! will you shut up and just post it already?

Ok.

11-13-2006-01.jpg

yeah, I stood there for ten minutes waiting for the freakin monorail to go by.
But I love that shot.
Did I mention that?

After I 'smoked 'em cuz I got 'em,' it was time for the tour.
There was eight of us, two other guys, and then I guy on a Segway pulled up and said to follow him. It wasn't Phil, but I hope to God that he isn't a " Lauren".
We trudge along behind him to Communicore, oh, I'm sorry, Innoventions, and he leads us into a little interior room.
Tiggerbell knows what I mean.

After the instructions, we all have to put on a helmut.
I'm in trouble.
You see, these are the type of things, that I am totally incapable of doing.

I cannot do latches. I can't do clasps. I can't do hooks, loops, bracelts, buckles, snaps, connectors or anything like that. I'm surprised I can operate a zipper, but only mine. My highlight was learning to tie my own shoes.
And don't even think about asking me about the first time on a date I encountered a bra strap.

Or the tenth time.

So, there I am, with a helmet on my head, and buckles and straps hanging all over the place, trying to fasten it.

And everyone is waiting for me.

Diane looks at me, "Steve, you have it on backwards."
Yep.
I did.

My inferiority complex?
It's getting a whole bunch better, baby!

Now I have Diane trying to help, and even she can't get the straps out right, then the guy with no name tag comes over and tries to help.
He just totally gives up after a few minutes and gets another helmet.
Just ripped the damn thing off my head and threw it, and grabbed another.
" Hey, no problem, I still have my left ear."

Now this one, he fastens on just fine.
Yes!!!
It wasn't me.

I turn and look at the rest of the group that I can feel giving me the evil glare for delaying them, and give them my best, " I"m not stupid, wasn't my fault, ,, you know, that smug look one can get when vindicated?

"And, by the way, just call me Vincent from now on."

There is just one major problem here. With that helmet on, I can't look vindicated. I can't even look smug. I can't look anything, but like a total, major dork.

shoot, I plum runned outta time. guess you gotsa wait. back soon, :wave:

It is now wednsday, our big day at Epcot.

This never fails to remind me that YOU LIED TO US.

Guess I do without the slim jim this morning.

:happytv:

We trudge along behind him to Communicore, oh, I'm sorry, Innoventions, and he leads us into a little interior room.
Tiggerbell knows what I mean.

I do!!! I do know what you mean!!!! I just LOVE getting to see secret backstage Disney rooms!!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter