Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL is not going to lose half their fans. It won't happen.

Agree. It comes down to the money. It might be about principles for the players, but the owners are driven by the money. However this shakes out, the owners aren't going to make decisions that cost them major revenue.

Actually ratings were down for a lot of channels during the games this Sunday. Only one channel had a slight increase.
http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/09/26/nfl-ratings-up-overall-in-week-3/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ratings-actually-improved-nfls-tumultuous-week-3-1042996
http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/nfl-sees-slight-uptick-in-tv-ratings-amid-trump-attacks/

Basically ratings were up v. Week 3 last year.

Do you have anything to back up your claim?

My post is clearly talking about this specific situation.

Mine includes this specific situation, just adds the years that this has been going on since rulers and governments has been in existence.

In Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat a quote of the lyrics come to mind

"Pharaoh he was a powerful man with the ancient world in the palm of his hand, to all intents and purposes he was Egypt with a capital E. Whatever he did he was showered with praise, when he cracked a joke you chortled for days. No one had rights or votes but the King"

I know you weren't speaking to me but I just read this article about overall NFL ratings being down Sunday
http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-sunday-football-ratings-drop-after-trump-nfl-comments-2017-9

This article below was created prior to the ridiculousness this past weekend. Overall NFL ratings are going down anyways. Some believe it's due to more people cutting the cable cord.
http://fortune.com/2017/09/20/nfl-monday-night-football-tv-ratings-decline/

I honestly can't see the NFL losing much, if any, money over this. First, there are many people who support those who took a knee, so they aren't going anywhere. Second, there are many people who actually plan their entire Sundays around watching football, to the point that they will skip other events just to watch their beloved game (believe me, I know some of them). These folks are not going to give it up that easily, no matter how offended they may be over some players taking a knee. Sure, they'll complain about the protest, but turn the game off because of it?? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Not going to happen.

NFL ratings are down and stadiums aren't filling. I'm not sure if that is normal or not though since I don't watch football except for the Super Bowl.

I have no idea how this will effect the NFL. I do know that football fans are very patriotic, so who knows what they will do, I see people calling for boycotts but have no idea if people will truly stop spending and watching.
Only time will tell whether this has any effect or not.

NFL ratings are down and stadiums aren't filling. I'm not sure if that is normal or not though since I don't watch football except for the Super Bowl.

I have no idea how this will effect the NFL. I do know that football fans are very patriotic, so who knows what they will do, I see people calling for boycotts but have no idea if people will truly stop spending and watching.
Only time will tell whether this has any effect or not.

Football fans are hardly monolithic. The biggest issue with the NFL is that in order to keep their profits going, they can't really afford to lose any of their fanbase. They also can't afford to lose their talent in the short term. Right now this is a huge balancing act, because no matter what they do they can't really afford to alienate segments of their diverse fanbase. If they had actually suspended any players for any national anthem related activities, they would be facing a backlash for that too.

For years and years the NFL has shied away from anything remotely controversial.

Probably because he who must not be named tweeted,lol. Kind of like George Dubba said the Dixie Chicks weren't selling back in the day.

Where exactly do you think they went?

The Dixie Chicks lost a LOT when they said what was said. A lot of fans, a lot of music sales and a lot of respect. Country music fans tend to be patriotic and the Dixie Chicks stepped all up on the toes of their fan base.

As for the rest of this. The thing about clothing and such is that what the code is referring to is not taking an actual flag and making clothing from it. Not material that is made to look like a flag. Just like I could burn a flag colored shirt and it wouldn't be an issue but I would not burn a flag. A napkin made to look like a flag is not a flag, it's a napkin. But you should not cut up a flag to make napkins from it.

The kneeling is disrespectful, no matter how you turn it, that is their intention. They are protesting oppression. Personally, if they gave up those American dollars they are paid in, I would be a heck of a lot more willing to listen. But no, they are instead protesting a symbol of this country that gives them the opportunities to make those millions every year.

I have an issue when the military is disrespected and whether that was their intention or not, it's what they are doing. The military has fought for their right to protest but sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Sometimes you just say thank you to the people who give you that right and move on.

I hate that a certain person has fanned the flames, & we're here - I think, now, because of recent comments, the "kneeling in protest" has gone far beyond what was initially behind it. Now, there are a lot of ugly politics & rhetoric coming from both sides.
This is what, and who, has taken it to a different level.

The Dixie Chicks lost a LOT when they said what was said. A lot of fans, a lot of music sales and a lot of respect. Country music fans tend to be patriotic and the Dixie Chicks stepped all up on the toes of their fan base.

As for the rest of this. The thing about clothing and such is that what the code is referring to is not taking an actual flag and making clothing from it. Not material that is made to look like a flag. Just like I could burn a flag colored shirt and it wouldn't be an issue but I would not burn a flag. A napkin made to look like a flag is not a flag, it's a napkin. But you should not cut up a flag to make napkins from it.

The kneeling is disrespectful, no matter how you turn it, that is their intention. They are protesting oppression. Personally, if they gave up those American dollars they are paid in, I would be a heck of a lot more willing to listen. But no, they are instead protesting a symbol of this country that gives them the opportunities to make those millions every year.

I have an issue when the military is disrespected and whether that was their intention or not, it's what they are doing. The military has fought for their right to protest but sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Sometimes you just say thank you to the people who give you that right and move on.

LONG LIVE THE DIXIE CHICKS!

As for fans of country music, they didn't hate Elvis for having a very minor Priscilla move in, right sure they didn't do anything.

Just like football has some cretens playing on teams, but if someone kneels during the Anthem,omg Becky! Lol

At the time, before everyone got butt hurt and wanted to twist stuff, they were popular.

Natalie said something about the Prez, then as I said people wanted to twist it like she said something about our mitary, you can not approve of a war bit it doesn't mean you hate our military.
Then Dubba fired back about it wasn't his fault they were dropping in sales. And acted like a man child just like the situation we have now.
Their Not Ready To Make Nice earned them 3/Grammy's in 2007after the whole thing.

As for the chicks: They were with Beyince recently at a CMA award show, they did a world tour and made a live album and DVD that was just released. Natalie was on Kesha's newest album and Martie was just a part of the Harvey Can't Mess With Texas benefit.

The original "shut up and sing" celebrities. Natalie Maines is a national hero for having the parts to stand up to the establishment at a time when no one questioned invasions of war. (Especially in Texas)

That is not what the code says.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter