Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not what the code says.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise i anything that is designed for temporary and discard.

Yea kind of like those cheap foreign made car window flags people were sporting after 9.11.

At the time, before everyone got butt hurt and wanted to twist stuff, they were popular.

Natalie said something about the Prez, then as I said people wanted to twist it like she said something about our mitary, you can not approve of a war bit it doesn't mean you hate our military.
Then Dubba fired back about it wasn't his fault they were dropping in sales. And acted like a man child just like the situation we have now.
Their Not Ready To Make Nice earned them 3/Grammy's in 2007after the whole thing.

As for the chicks: They were with Beyince recently at a CMA award show, they did a world tour and made a live album and DVD that was just released. Natalie was on Kesha's newest album and Martie was just a part of the Harvey Can't Mess With Texas benefit.

Are you really suggesting they are as popular as they once were? Regardless of whose fault it was, their sales dropped. Going on a world tour doesn't mean they are anywhere near where they were. Singers go on world tours all the time and one has to wonder "why?"

She had every right to oppose the war just as anyone else. She didn't have to make it a personal attack.

Not Ready To Make Nice was about her on going argument with Toby Keith. Natalie should have learned to hush. (Not saying Toby was any better). Personally I love the song and like most of their music. I don't really care what their views are. Same with Toby.

Are you really suggesting they are as popular as they once were? Regardless of whose fault it was, their sales dropped. Going on a world tour doesn't mean they are anywhere near where they were. Singers go on world tours all the time and one has to wonder "why?"

She had every right to oppose the war just as anyone else. She didn't have to make it a personal attack.

Not Ready To Make Nice was about her on going argument with Toby Keith. Natalie should have learned to hush. (Not saying Toby was any better). Personally I love the song and like most of their music. I don't really care what their views are. Same with Toby.

No the song was a general shout out for the backlash of yee haws that decided to "ban" her music for her speaking out. LONG LIVE NATALIE. I hope she gets her own statue in Texas one day.

As for fans of country music, they didn't hate Elvis for having a very minor Priscilla move in, right sure they didn't do anything.

Just like football has some cretens playing on teams, but if someone kneels during the Anthem,omg Becky! Lol

What on God's green earth does that have to do with anything? Elvis had full permission from her parents to move her in. It's not like he kidnapped her or they had any doubt as to what was going on. And that was a whole different generation of people.

It didn't help Natalie that she specifically said she was ashamed of being from Texas. She stepped over a line for her fans (her fans, not Elvis's).

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

I look at the Flag Code and sort of scratch my head. One of them is that the flag pattern shouldn't be used for any part of an athletic uniform. Besides the common use of it as an identifier in US national team uniforms, I remember when a flag pattern was added to MLB caps after 9/11 and also to the sleeve of team jackets. There's all this stuff that just seems to be rules for the sake of making rules.

And all the claims that one is showing disrespect to the military for failing to follow proper flag etiquette, I would just say grow up. That's just the lamest excuse I've heard in a long time. It's a national flag. It's not a military battle flag and belongs to all Americans.

No the song was a general shout out to the backlash of yee haws that decided to "ban" her music for her speaking out. LONG LIVE NATALIE. I hope she gets her own statue in Texas one day.

That's not what she herself said. She said it was to Toby.

Those "yee haws" were her fan base.

Look, I don't have an issue with the woman. I just think saying you are ashamed of being from Texas when you are a country music singer is not the brightest move.

I don't know how Texas feels but putting up a statue in my state when someone made a comment like that wouldn't fly here.

And all the claims that one is showing disrespect to the military for failing to follow proper flag etiquette, I would just say grow up. That's just the lamest excuse I've heard in a long time. It's a national flag. It's not a military battle flag and belongs to all Americans.

Respect like the flag means different things for different people, but nice to know you feel those people should grow up all because they feel something different from you. Insulting people because you are closed minded and can't see beyond your own sight is what is lame.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

Ok I stand corrected. I was always taught that it meant using an actual flag. I don't do any of that anyway.

Regardless, none of that makes what they are doing any less disrespectful. If they want to protest or speak out--go for it. If they feel they have something to say, say it. But their protest is getting twisted and turned every which a way. And taking what Colin meant in the first place and making it bigger in protest of what you know who said is losing the original meaning.

It's the flag that our military has fought and died for. It's the flag draped over the coffins that come back from war. It's the flag that stand for everything they make sacrifices for. It belongs to all Americans BECAUSE of the military

Respect like the flag means different things for different people, but nice to know you feel those people should grow up all because they feel something different from you. Insulting people because you are closed minded and can't see beyond your own sight is what is lame.

No. I say grow up because it means getting all tied up in knots up over something symbolic. It's cheap and easy patriotism to claim that one is "standing for the flag". It requires no actual sacrifice and very little effort to paint oneself as a patriot for "defending the flag".

What on God's green earth does that have to do with anything? Elvis had full permission from her parents to move her in. It's not like he kidnapped her or they had any doubt as to what was going on. And that was a whole different generation of people.

Really?/cause Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 cousin it was different,

It didn't help Natalie that she specifically said she was ashamed of being from Texas. She stepped over a line for her fans (her fans, not Elvis's).

You might want to YouTube it , she did NOT say she was ashamed from being from Texas.She said she was ashamed that he was from Texas.

Also, yea Pricilla parents gave permission woopie. Jerry Lee Lewis was around that time and got blacklisted for marrying his 13 year old cousin and was blacklisted.

My point was fans whether it be country's or whatever, they will sometimes look past the bad things a celebrity will do, but then get all butt hurt defensive for something that is less crappy. How many athletes have gotten in trouble dui, cheating assault but fans still love them, but they get upset if that same crappy athelete
takes a knee or voices their opinion, then the fan will turn like really?

Hmmm...I don't know. "ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell wrote, “Preliminary ratings for NFL games on CBS yesterday were UP 4% vs Week 3 of last year. Its pregame show had highest viewership in 7 YEARS.”
Let's revisit this thread in a couple of months and see what happens.

It's the flag that our military has fought and died for. It's the flag draped over the coffins that come back from war. It's the flag that stand for everything they make sacrifices for. It belongs to all Americans BECAUSE of the military

Are we going over this tired line of thinking again? I appreciate what the military does. There was a time when I considered joining. However, I understand what it is and isn't. I may or may not agree with how our military is used. I see them doing things I very much agree with, while at the same time I see them used by politicians to achieve political ends. If they somehow have a greater right to the flag we do, or a greater right to determine that disrespect for the flag is showing them disrespect, then I find that troubling.

What are you basing the bolded on? I believe I heard ratings were up this past weekend. Are some people "giving up" on the NFL because of this? I'm sure. A "large" number? Doubtful.
How many posters also scoffed early in this thread that the Villanueva jersey was outselling all others?
Time will tell.

You might want to YouTube it , she did NOT say she was ashamed from being from Texas.She said she was ashamed that he was from Texas.

Also, yea Pricilla parents gave permission woopie. Jerry Lee Lewis was around that time and got blacklisted for marrying his 13 year old cousin and was blacklisted.

My point was fans whether it be country's or whatever, they will sometimes look past the bad things a celebrity will do, but then get all butt hurt defensive for something that is less crappy. How many athletes have gotten in trouble dui, cheating assault but fans still love them, but they get upset if that same crappy athelete
takes a knee or voices their opinion, then the fan will turn like really?

Don't ya think think Jerry Lee marrying his cousin may have had something to do with that? I can't say why no one batted an eye at Elvis and Pricilla. I don't think I was even around at the time. That was along time ago. Maybe people got upset about different things at the time. Besides they were considered rock and roll back then and most of their fan base was the age of their brides.

Natalie could have said her thoughts on the war without making it personal. That's all I am saying. P!nk manages to say what she thinks with a whole song and does it well and without backlash. Natalie even came back later and apologized but it was too little too late.

As for the rest, it's one athlete at a time and plenty of people do have issues with those athletes. This is just a bit more wide spread. Besides if the media would shut up about it, it probably would have gone unnoticed. I mean who the heck even knows what Colin Kapernick was doing before they started focusing on him and his protest?

Last edited:
I just find it so frustrating that people didn't stop watching with all of the players that are guilty of DUI, rape, murder, assault, dog fighting but players peacefully protesting is where they draw the line.

I think all the fans should peacefully protest all these knucklehead football goons being paid millions of dollars.

Don't ya think think Jerry Lee marrying his cousin may have had something to do with that? I can't say why no one batted an eye at Elvis and Pricilla. I don't think I was even around at the time. That was along time ago. Maybe people got upset about different things at the time. Besides they were considered rock and roll back then and most of their fan base was the age of their brides.

Natalie could have said her thoughts on the war without making it personal. That's all I am saying. P!nk manages to say what she thinks with a whole song and does it well and without backlash. Natalie even came back later and apologized but it was too little too late.

As for the rest, it's one athlete at a time and plenty of people do have issues with those athletes. This is just a bit more wide spread. Besides if the media would shut up about it, it probably would have gone unnoticed. I mean who the heck even knows what Colin Kapernick was doing before they started focusing on him and his protest?

Idk, it was technically his cousins daughter so second cousin?I dont know how that goes. Lol. But marrying family wasn't anything new, but once that was discovered, a reporter dug up that he was still married to another woman.

As for Natalie, she used her free speech to speak about the government and people took it personal. And I think imo, that any government official should be official to act like a 5 year old. Duba could have said OK so she may not likee or war, but I respect her right to free speech.

Pink: She freaking rocks! I caught her on MTV awards(even though they really don't play video like they used to)/and she was just honestly such a positive for females as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter