Guess what this "oldster" did????

AlreadyexcitedGrammy

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
My exercise generally includes a Sat six - walking 6 miles. Well, I did do 6 miles yesterday, but I did it ROLLERSKATING!!!!!

I found my vintage pair of outdoor skates, (purchased 3-4 years ago when I thought I might try them as my way to thinness), really dusted them off, and away I went to a park that has a nice path.

Upon arrival and still fervently praying that I could successfully do this without breaking any body parts (going to Mexico in a couple of weeks and really do want to go!!) I was off.............

Slowly at first, and then I seemed to get in the groove. I managed to make it without a fall - only a couple of arm-flailing "windmill" recoverys - but no tumbles!!

And, I might add when ever I came close to other people I put on my best "grammy form" and just "sailed right by them"!

Of course, that's the way I saw it, but I am still wondering what they were thinking? But who cares - I did my Sat 6 !!

What are you talking about an "oldster"? You are young and very young at heart. That is an amazing story as I won't even put on a pair of skates of any type. That is great and what a fun way to get your 6 miles in yesterday. I am sure that you looked very graceful going by people and they were probably thinking, look at that woman go, WOW.

Congrat's for pulling them out and dusting them off and now you have another way to get your miles in.

I am also thankful that you didn't hurt anything before your upcoming trip.

So cool! You are an inspiration to us all-young or old! Take care, though, so you don't have to head to Mexico on crutches!

You are WOMAN! Hear you ROAR!!!!

You really have the guts now don't you? I wouldn't have done that in a milion years....... but who knows now- maybe, just maybe you've helped me to set a new goal! :p

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you, Bev! You may be a Grammy, but you are FAR from old!!!! Just look at you, zipping around on skates! That is great!!! I hope you were wearing safety equipment (helmet, elbow and knee pads and wrist pads!!!) :) Glad to know that Ross' tumble didn't scare you off from dusting the skates off! :) How are you feeling today? Are your muscles sore? Are you going to make this a weekly ritual?

Congratulations!!! Any kind of movement is great, and I think skating is SO much fun! It feels wonderful to move so fast and feel the wind in your face. I do those windmill arm things too. Anything is better than landing on my bum! ;)

I know what I would think if you skated past me....I would silently be saying, <b>Go, Granny, Go!!!</b>

What an awesome accomplishment. Good for you getting exercise in a different way. I understand that can help you lose a little more weight, when you do that. Way to go!

I think we need to see a photo of you skating :)

Bebr!!!! How awesome are you?!?!??! Well, let me answer that!! REALLY awesome!!!! I have tried to rollerskate/rollerblade on several different occasions and it just doesn't work for me (although I am sure Johnson & Johnson appreciated the boost to their BandAid sales :o ), so I remain jealous of anyone who can skate!! Enjoy the speed and the exercise!!!
sport09.gif

we know, you rollerskated 6 miles Saturday!

just yanking her chain - she was telling everyone Saturday night - good thing it was a family outing!!

c1teen48.thm.jpg

Boy am I glad to have you guys! Did you catch that Ohmom post, you would have thought I was "bothersome" according to her :D

I did have fun and I do intend to add it to my schedule - maybe weekly - and I do want to be cautious until after the Mexico trip.

And, I didn't think I had sore muscles, but boy, when I started my walk today, I quickly found out my thighs were somewhat "ouchy" - once I got going all was fine!

K- I will promise to wear safety gear - I have a helmet but need to buy the rest -it is on my shopping list.

Now Kath- will just have to see about that pix!

6 miles...Whoa!!! Thats awesome!!! How long did it take you? I bet your feet were sore after all that skating. (thats what usually hurts me the most).

Good Job!!

Tracy

HURRAY for you!!!! That is so awesome. What a way to step out of a "comfort zone" and go for it. I am very proud of you, and inspired as well. So glad you had a fun time, that is after all what it is all about! You are the cool lady!:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter