Guess I need to start this PTR! Only 6 months to go!

Your plan looks good Brandi! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! We are officially less than 5 months out now! :cool1:

Woo Hoo! Less than 5 months- wow, that still seems so far to me- yikes!

Well, the boys were up by 5:30 this morning. I am scared of how early they'll be up on Christmas! DH has to work until noon- so he'll be back by about 1. I'll need a nap by then! DS- Nate (17 mos) will be here with me today since daycare is closed. He's already running around like crazy! LOL- I love him this age. But, I must say, he is exhausting. I have some more cleaning to do today and some packing for our trip to North Louisiana. Hope Nate lets me get to it. I'm only on here b/c I'm giving him mini wheats at the moment:) That kid loves those things. He has a mouth full and is still saying "more!" Sweet baby...Anyway, I'll try to work on plans more, too but that might not happen too well today.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

So, I made a little change to our ressies today! I changed us to a Standard view at Kidani!! I am so exicited. Originally, I wanted to save points so we were doing the value at Jambo. But, I've been wanting to switch for a while. Well, I saw some pics of Kidani's pool on here and well, that changed everything! I had to call today and change it! LOL That pool is so cool. I think we may not need to go to a water park. I showed Alex and he is so excited, too. Man, I want to go now! Of course, it would probably be a bit chilly out for the pool right now.
Oh, and I have officially started my diet back! I am doing Medifast. I really like it as it works way fast and I get too discouraged otherwise. But, it is hard to stick to as you have to stick to your meals. My problem is that I have no willpower, so MF is good in that I don't have to make choices, really. And it's not yucky, which helps! Anyway, I started Monday and have lost a couple of pounds already. I'll lose a good bit this first week and will then probably level off to about 2 or 3 pounds a week. I am so excited! Hopefully, I will be at goal by Disney. If I stick to it 100%, I should be at goal by April, but we'll see.
Anyway, just wanted to get in the quick updates! Now off to check out what you have been up to!

Hello! Brandi
changes sound good; the pool at all the mods and deluxes sound awesome...I remember in '96 when we stayed at POFQ we could not get 4 yr old Dayne out of the pool...last May when he went Iheard him telling DDBF about the great big dragon slide and how cool the pool was (he was 16 at the time--wonder if he had seen the pool if it would have been as big in person as it is in his memory :lmao: )...

I am still trying to price out a May trip and be sublt in talking Danny into it...:confused3 we'll see...I can keep hoping...if not I'll see it for Christmas (I keep telling myself this to keep me going :rolleyes1: )

Good luck on the diet...I need to start something...but, for now Danny & I just plan to cut back and cut out the starches...may have to get more drastic next week!

Have a wonderful New Year!
:wave2: Connie

So, I made a little change to our ressies today! I changed us to a Standard view at Kidani!! I am so exicited. Originally, I wanted to save points so we were doing the value at Jambo. But, I've been wanting to switch for a while. Well, I saw some pics of Kidani's pool on here and well, that changed everything! I had to call today and change it! LOL That pool is so cool. I think we may not need to go to a water park. I showed Alex and he is so excited, too. Man, I want to go now! Of course, it would probably be a bit chilly out for the pool right now.
Oh, and I have officially started my diet back! I am doing Medifast. I really like it as it works way fast and I get too discouraged otherwise. But, it is hard to stick to as you have to stick to your meals. My problem is that I have no willpower, so MF is good in that I don't have to make choices, really. And it's not yucky, which helps! Anyway, I started Monday and have lost a couple of pounds already. I'll lose a good bit this first week and will then probably level off to about 2 or 3 pounds a week. I am so excited! Hopefully, I will be at goal by Disney. If I stick to it 100%, I should be at goal by April, but we'll see.
Anyway, just wanted to get in the quick updates! Now off to check out what you have been up to!

Yay for an update. Kidani sounds awesome. We hope to be there in Dec. We plan to use the pool at Poly instead of a water park. Good luck with the diet. I hope to be at goal for WDW-I also have a willpower problem :rolleyes1

LOL, Mary- that willpower stinks! Or lack of, I should say.
Are you staying at the Poly to use the pool or are you doing the pool-hopping?

LOL, Mary- that willpower stinks! Or lack of, I should say.
Are you staying at the Poly to use the pool or are you doing the pool-hopping?

We are staying at the Poly. When we join DVC we can pool hop right? I would like to show the girls Kidani to get them excited for Dec, though I don't think we will be swimming much then.

What a great change Brandi. :cool1: A cool pool is very important to my kids. They want to spend as much time swimming as they do in the parks. They didn't get much swim time during last year's trip because of the record rainfall. I'm looking forward to sunny skies this year. :goodvibes

I started the couch to 5K running program this week. I've done week 1 day 1 and week 1 day 2 so far. My legs are so sore! I will start to get my food in check on Friday. I'm pretty serious about losing weight this year. Thanks for allowing me to tell you about it. Makes me a little more accountable. :goodvibes Good luck on the Medifast!

Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Leanne

What a great change Brandi. :cool1: A cool pool is very important to my kids. They want to spend as much time swimming as they do in the parks. They didn't get much swim time during last year's trip because of the record rainfall. I'm looking forward to sunny skies this year. :goodvibes

I started the couch to 5K running program this week. I've done week 1 day 1 and week 1 day 2 so far. My legs are so sore! I will start to get my food in check on Friday. I'm pretty serious about losing weight this year. Thanks for allowing me to tell you about it. Makes me a little more accountable. :goodvibes Good luck on the Medifast!

Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Leanne

Girl, I tried C25K last year and almost died! I was literally couch to 5 k, too so that is probably why. I think once I get to the point of exercise on MF, I'll start with at least walking before attempting to run after never having run before! Good luck with it though and let me know how you are doing on it:worship:

Well, it's almost the New Year here! So, HAPPY NEW YEAR! We are suppose to be ringing it in with our friends and neighbors two doors down. Well, Alex (DS 7) made it all the way to 9 PM!! LOL This is the same chid who slept from 2 PM unti 3 AM the other night and who swears he is awake all night many nights- yet I always check on him and he's out. Poor thing. He wants me to wake him so he can go back down there for more fireworks at midnight, but I know him well and he won't get up even if I do wake him. I don't really mind being back in the house as it's much warmer in here and I still have a terrible cough that just won't go away. If I lie down soon, I might actually stop coughing by midnight!
Tomorrow, we'll have the gang over here to watch the LSU game and we'll have all the traditional new year food, too. I can't believe my vacation is about over, either- yuck! Of course, I am quite lucky to even get all this vacation!

I worked on our plans to get to the World over the past couple of days. It such a crazy thing, but we are having the hardest time deciding whether we want to drive straight or stop over night Friday. We have the pros and cons of each and just are struglling with the decision. We have driven all the way and know we can do it, but not sure if we want to. I hate not knowing, but I have to get over it and move on to start planning the rest of our trip! I'm now working on our first full day at the parks, Sunday, 5/23. We'll head to DHS that day for SWW. I'm working on the plan and all for that. I think we're going to rent a stroller from Orlando Stollers instead of doing the Disney ones this time too. That's about as far as I've gotten so far!
OK, it's 10:30 almost on NYE and I think I'm gonna turn in as my head is starting to bang!

Hello! Brandi
hope your new year is a great one so far!!! I hope your day back at school was an easy one...I have thought about the stroller rental too!; last year I was part of a stroller swap--the stroller was defective and caused problems for the OP and the swappers from about the fifth one on). We always say we are going to stop on the ride over and end up going straight through! Tangi students didn't start back in classes until tomorrow; teachers had records day.

Happy planning!
and wishes for a great 2010 for you and your family!
:wave2: Connie

Hey folks! Just a brief update- well, maybe! No new plans so far. Diet didn't happen:( I just have no willpower- I gotta do something though. I think that, as it warms up, I'll start going for walks with the boys. That will help us get in shape for Disney regardless.
I see the military offer out there now, too. Neither I nor Dh was, but DFil was. He has been deceased for many years, but am wondering if I can get his Mom to buy them. But, I think she'd need to come with us then. I'd love for her to, but I don't think she wants to. She's never been and doesn't think she'd like it. I think she'd love it. We'll have to see. But that would save use a good bit. We'll see. Hope some of you can take advantage of that, too!

Ah- I am dying today!!! I really really want to add on points with the incentive, but do not have the money today. I will in two weeks though. I am hoping they extend the current incentives (pricing, tickets, etc). FINGERS CROSSED!!!

And Geaux SAINTS- WHO DAT???

OMGracious, so I have not been doing too well on this, have I? Whoops! I swear, during the school week, I just lose track of everything else. Well, let's see if I have any updates. For the past few days, I have been trying to iron out some of our plans as far as ride and eating. The rides I have not finished, but I think I have the meals done for the most part. DH was laughing at me today when I was telling him my plans. But, he will SO be glad I've done all of this when it's time to go! At least he better be! :goodvibes I think we'll not do WCC and I think we might do Margaritaville one night and ESPN for lunch or dinner when at DHS. OK, we will definitely do Margaritaville. That's DHs one request as we're pretty big parrot heads. Plus, he really only drinks Landshark and I have seen that they aren't listed on any of Disney's beer lists. So, he'll definitely want one of those at some point- or three of those! ;) And a good margarita will be a blessing for me with the 23 month old at that time. He's starting to not do so well at restaurants- I am talking about the baby (Nate), not DH :lmao:

OK, so the past week or so has been crazy here as well. I was planning to use a portion of our tax return on our trip- the tickets. But, we needed new tires for the truck, our washing machine died and DH had already planned to build a deck. SO, oh well on the plan to have the tickets out of the way:scared1: We're getting PAPs this time, too. So, I'm just trying to re-work our monthly budget now to account for that. We're getting a little bit from the state, too, so I can put that towards our tickets. Also hoping DH will get a bonus in April like he's suppose to. Wish us luck on that. It'll be so great if we can get all of these big expenses out of the way so that when we go next year, we'll just have to worry about gas and food.

OK, now to life updates. We are wondering about starting to potty train Nate. He is 20 months right now. My older DS didn't get trained until after 3:eek:. He had a really hard time. In fact, he still wets the bed at times and he's 7 1/2. But, Nate is already talking about the potty and wanting to watch us on the potty. I bought him a potty and let him play with it and all. He wouldn't sit on it at first. Then, he did, but with the seat down and his clothes on:laughing: Now, he will sit on it bare-bottom, but only for a brief time and hasn't actually DONE anything on it yet. But, he's figured out how to make it clap and sing even without peeing in it:lmao:- smart little butt. So, I think he's getting there. We also did the houseparty for PullUps this weekend. He watched the little video and immediately wanted to go to the potty. Again, just sat there for a few seconds, but that was cool at least. So, I'm thinking he's getting close. BUT, I don't want to start him and then have it get off track due to Disney. I'm thinking we'll let him if he wants to until the trip and then we'll start for real after that. Any opinions out there? I just am worried that we'll miss the best time if we wait.:confused3

OK, so going to play my game- tradewinds! Have a great weekend:)

Hey! Brandi
wondering where you went to! :rotfl2:

your Disney planning sounds alot like ours around here...although, we finally booked our trip.

as for potty training...Ashton started showing interest around two but didn't start to pursue it until right before our trip last May. I did not push him due to our trip and his surgery in June...I think I stunted him(so I would say if he shows interest go with it--we did a sticker chart we found at the dollar store w/Elmo it was a potty coloring book and sticker chart)...but, he did great with the going #1 but, we are still battleing #2 (he will only do that laying flat on his stomach--kind of hard to get him to do it sitting :confused3 ) my older two were potty trained over night on the eve of their third bday (weird).Good luck!:confused3

UPDATE: IT WAS LIKE Ashton read this when I typed it...we put together a reward box for him (around January) and he finally got the message last week! we are still having issues but we went to the store to replenish his box today!

looking forward to hearing more about your disney planning! :mickeyjum

Just a quick hello!! I am busy working on our daily touring plans, but am kinda waiting because I just purchased RideMax and hope it helps! I also just read the thread about the jet tubs and the gunk coming out, so here's a mental note to bring bleach and dishwasher detergent! Eww- that just grosses me out!! OK, now off to read and catch up on other PTRs!

Last year we stayed in some really nice townhouses...very clean, security gates, so on...
well Danny and I went run to Walmart, Gwendolyn gave Ashton a bath in the jacuzzi tub eeewwwweeee...black gook in the bubbles that were as high as the tub, when the water and the bubbles finally drained I had to go and buy tub cleaner for us to use the tub!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter