Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it sounds awesome!

I don't dislike the concept or the influx of new attractions to Epcot. My concern is a 10 story tall building (in the red square) so close to the main entrance and a structure which will be slightly taller than halfway up Spaceship Earth. This will be literally a football field and a half away.

Attachments

• gotg.JPG
    gotg.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 36
Hmm. The drop on this could make it the biggest coaster on property. Everest is 110 feet but the drop is only 80. So if the drop is bigger that could lead to an interesting ride. Again I hope no inversions because I’m not a fan of them and I want to ride this!!!

Hmm. The drop on this could make it the biggest coaster on property. Everest is 110 feet but the drop is only 80. So if the drop is bigger that could lead to an interesting ride. Again I hope no inversions because I’m not a fan of them and I want to ride this!!!
If the building is only about 100 ft tall I can’t see any drops much bigger than 80ft.

I don't dislike the concept or the influx of new attractions to Epcot. My concern is a 10 story tall building (in the red square) so close to the main entrance and a structure which will be slightly taller than halfway up Spaceship Earth. This will be literally a football field and a half away.

Oh, my bad. I misinterpreted your comment! Sorry :)

Oooooooh i'm excited (I love roller coasters). I hope Star-Lord, Gamora, and all of the Guardians will meet here.

I'm super excited for this but I just hope they have animatronics on the ride. The coaster could slow down quickly and there could be an animatronic Quill or Gamora and then it could speed back up again. Kindve like 7DMT in a way but the animatronic scene doesn't have to be as long as Heigh-Ho scene.

I don't think it will really intrude that much, especially inside the park. From the outside it is off to the side so on't really affect that overall entrance look, and inside the park you cna't really see stuff too much beyond the buildings around the plaza. You're so close to them that the building will be hidden from view mostly outside of the area infront of the ride.

If the building is only about 100 ft tall I can’t see any drops much bigger than 80ft.
Who knows, maybe they might dig into the ground some! They probably won’t, I just wanted something to refute. And if I can recall Epcot has its own set of utilidors and the entrance is in the vicinity of universe of energy, so maybe it’s not as far fetched?

Who knows, maybe they might dig into the ground some! They probably won’t, I just wanted something to refute. And if I can recall Epcot has its own set of utilidors and the entrance is in the vicinity of universe of energy, so maybe it’s not as far fetched?

I'm hoping it below grade to a degree. Maybe the launch is under that access road toward the structure and then back toward UofE on the return trip.....I hope.

There are some tunnels - on that side but I thought more connecting Innoventions to other areas, not sure if they are by the Universe of Energy pavilion

Though now I am totally picturing a roller-coaster shooting through the Utiliadoors

I don't know if Disney will ever have the "biggest", "fastest", etc. of anything - but I think they can be creative and create different types of thrills

If you listen to the interview with the VP of Epcot she states it will be a roller coaster using new technology. This brings us back to the patent Disney published over a year ago for a new and improved flying coaster. I wonder if the Vekoma Ride Manufacturers new technology would be used here

A tall coaster would be nice as Epcot seriously needs something in the same vien as Everest. Test track just doesn't do that

Will any of the Guardians characters meet when the ride gets built? If so, who will go to One Man's Dream to replace Star-Lord and Baby Groot?

Will any of the Guardians characters meet when the ride gets built? If so, who will go to One Man's Dream to replace Star-Lord and Baby Groot?
Nobody knows. This coaster won't open until Spring 2021. My guess is Starlord will be out of Walt Disney Presents before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter