Guardians of the Galaxy for ride chickens

We've only managed GotG once but we both enjoyed it. It was a seriously different roller coaster with the backwards takeoff and sideways movement. I do have motion issues but the ride itself didn't bother me. As I was walking away I had some floaty head feeling and was glad we were done rides for the day (since we were in Epcot, the rest of the day was drinking, eating and shopping). I would like to experience it again just because I don't even remember a story line or specific music - just seemed like noise and random scenes - I was so involved with the ride itself.

I rode Cosmic Rewind in April. We also didn't know what we were getting into. The videos showed you could place your belongings in the pocket in front of you. We did that; phones, wallets, etc. Ooops! As soon as the ride started we were panicked about everything falling out. So we were both riding leaning forward with our hands keeping the pouches closed. Would not recommend you do that. I think there was an issue with the pre show, we never saw lockers, like they had at TRON. Going in January with our adult kids. Can't wait to try it again when I can "enjoy" it. Our son, who gets motion sickness, will take bonine before riding.

I am a bit of a chicken on rides. What I like about Disney is that they hide rides well. I cannot do Tower of Terror, went on it once and I'll never go again. Anyhow all I read about Cosmic Rewind was it makes some people quesy. I took dramamine before. It was intense but I loved it. I did have to close my eyes a few times but it was super enjoyable. My husband is a huge coaster guy, we live near Cedar Point, and he said it's one of the best rides he's ever been on.

I went on once last July. I'm considering not going again this July. I could take everything except that part where it feels like you are going down inside a tornado! I was shaking when I got off. didn't get sick, but couldn't ride it again that trip. For reference: I don't do RnR or Mission Space. I do everything else. I'm 60 years old...if that adds to it LOL!

I went on once last July. I'm considering not going again this July. I could take everything except that part where it feels like you are going down inside a tornado! I was shaking when I got off. didn't get sick, but couldn't ride it again that trip. For reference: I don't do RnR or Mission Space. I do everything else. I'm 60 years old...if that adds to it LOL!

I've ridden it 4 times now without issue, but I recommend taking non Drowsy Dramamine a couple of hours before you ride, helps immensely with the fast spinning! I'm closing in on 60, so close to you in age! I've sworn off Mission Space and RnR, but never thought of taking Dramamine before, so I'm considering trying RnR with the Dramamine next trip. I don't have issues with many rides, but RnR was leaving me discombobulated after riding, and MS is just a nightmare, Green or Orange, LOL!

has anyone taken a 5/6 year old? my son is almost 6 and meets the height requirement but i don't want him to be scared. I know all kids are different. Just wanting some mom opinions. he loves Gaurdians!

There are 2 sequences where the track loops and the car turns in a spiral, the second one in particular drops vertically as it goes through the tight loop, so it's like a tightly spiraling down elevator. That bit caused my vision to go black at the edges. ( It's the blue turn at the far right of this overhead-view track diagram):
FOEeHQMXMAIliuV.jpg

I felt bad. I rode it solo to gauge if my daughter would like and it didn’t think it would be scary for her (it’s definitely my favorite thrill ride in any Disney park).

She rode it and immediately said she would never ride it again.

has anyone taken a 5/6 year old? my son is almost 6 and meets the height requirement but i don't want him to be scared. I know all kids are different. Just wanting some mom opinions. he loves Gaurdians!
Does he have experience with other coasters?

What I will say is that I rode this five times and only once did I see a kid who was shaken up by the experience. Part of that is that coasters can be sort of self-selecting, if you know you don’t like coasters in general you’re probably going to pass on a coaster that has a unique element to it (and there were quite a few folks waiting outside while others in their party rode). However… I’ve also been on ToT plenty of times and it feels like every single time there’s been a kid who absolutely didn’t want to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!