Guardians - Cosmic Rewind

Just curious OP - where were you sitting? Wondering if it even matters where you sit if you know you have motion issues. There's a lot of advice about where to sit to reduce motion sickness. We were in the 1st car, 2nd row. My DH had to sit still for almost an hour after we got off. It's a one and done for him, although he did say he was glad he did it. He just won't do it again. Same for Space Mt. and Everest. It just takes so long for him to recover, it's not worth it for him to ride again.

Don't have motion sickness and told my parents not even to ride it because of the motion and they don't have motion sickness either.

It's not as extreme as RR in HS but it's not a kiddie coaster at all.

Great ride though for many.

My new favorite attraction. Funny my 8 year old said she would never go on Everest again but I had to buy an ILL for this every time we went to Epcot. She tells anyone who will listen it’s Disney’s best ride.
DW gets motion sick on some of the universal screen rides and wasn’t too fond of Ratatouille. She had no issues with Guardians.

We are going this weekend and I want to ride this so badly! I had a horrible experience on Mission Space. That has been my only one and done at Disney. I do wear a patch but can still get a little nauseated on Star Tours. I have been able to do Smugglers Run and Flight of Passage with no issues. I dont know what to do!

I was planning on riding this one when we go in a couple of weeks. Now I am having second thoughts. The rides with screens cause me problems. I can't do Star Tours, even Ratatouille made me dizzy and I won't ride that one again. Sounds like this ride should be a no for me.
Just Curious how you did? Going this weekend. Star Tours can make me nauseated some times. I wear a patch and have taken Dramamine. I absolutely cannot do Mission Space.

I am pretty prone to motion so I made sure I had Bonine prior. I had been taking Bonine in the few days leading up to it anyway because I was coming off a cruise ship. I rode it twice. The first time I rode it, I looked in the direction of the track - the direction that we were traveling, instead of at the action around me. I loved it, it was great and I had no problems. I loved the ride and thought it was great. I couldn't wait to do it again.

The second time I rode it I decided to look in the direction the car was facing, at all the other stuff going on and story and whatnot. HUGE MISTAKE. I was so sick and disoriented. I couldn't wait to get off. It was awful. Like, a completely different experience. Both times I was in the same section of the train (about in the middle).

I think this one little tip makes all the difference. I look forward to riding it again, but I absolutely will not look at what they want me to look at. I will look where we are traveling.
Good Tip. We are going this weekend. I want to ride so bad. Star Tours can make me nauseated some times. I wear a patch and have taken Dramamine. I absolutely cannot do Mission Space.

My new favorite attraction. Funny my 8 year old said she would never go on Everest again but I had to buy an ILL for this every time we went to Epcot. She tells anyone who will listen it’s Disney’s best ride.
DW gets motion sick on some of the universal screen rides and wasn’t too fond of Ratatouille. She had no issues with Guardians.
My 9 and 7 year olds love this, too! We did a VQ one day and they begged me to buy an ILL and do VQ on our next Epcot day. My 9 year old hates Everest but swears up and down this is the best ride at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter