Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

I lost out on $200 which is a bummer.
That's the necessary evil of rebooking into *GT. For my last trip, I originally had a placeholder booking, and when VGT rates came out, decided to switch from one 8B to two VGTs for just a bit more. Loss of OBC was accounted in that calculation as well. :)

That's the necessary evil of rebooking into *GT. For my last trip, I originally had a placeholder booking, and when VGT rates came out, decided to switch from one 8B to two VGTs for just a bit more. Loss of OBC was accounted in that calculation as well. :)
I’ll definitely take that into consideration for the next time. Live and learn!

It helps to check each and every day for your stateroom assignments! I'm 10 days out and just found out my stateroom #!
Booked: VGT
Category 04C
Stateroom: 7134
This is a Deluxe stateroom so it will be nice to have a little more space. Super stoked now!:dance3:

We only booked our VGT room a few days ago for a cruise that's not too far away, and our room was allocated today. Details below...

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 05D 6520
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 40
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Seems like a great room to us, judging by the WDWInfo reviews. We were expecting an 07A which may have had a restricted verandah, but it seems we have the full verandah. We saved c$1200, which was the difference between the VGT and booking a conventional stateroom, based on pricing when we booked.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Noticed it at 8am UK time, so it may have been assigned yesterday evening US time.
9. What month is your cruise? August

#2. What category and room # did you get? 05D 6532
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Am happy enough. Cabin has a regular balcony; was concerned I could be assigned a navigator balcony.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Linked reservations; one cabin per reservation. On same deck both forward. One on the port side, one starboard.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 12PM CDT.
9. What month is your cruise? July

1) What category GTY cabin did you book?
OGT
2) What category and room # did you get?
9B
3) How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
55 days for one and 14 days for the other
4) Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
If I had chosen a room, it would have been Deck 2, mid ship, port, which is exactly what I was assigned, so I'm thrilled.
5) If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
Yes, three doors apart. I think that's good for two GTY rooms, especially considering they were assigned at such different times.
6) What ship are you sailing?
Wonder
7) What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
Monday for one and Wednesday for the other
8) What time of day was your cabin assigned?
noticed at approximately noon Pacific time for both
9) What month is your cruise?
July

I've been using this forum so much that I felt like I should contribute some info that others might find interesting. I normally just lurk because I hate commenting, especially when I have to register.

1. VGT
2. Midship 7th floor
3. 10 days
4. Seems like a good location, wanted midship and that’s what we got (deep down hoped for family verandah rather than regular, but that was wishful thinking)
6. Magic
7. Monday (sail next Thursday)
8. Mid-afternoon eastern time
9. August

After being assigned a cabin, is it typically all set or do they often switch things around while making other assignments?

After being assigned a cabin, is it typically all set or do they often switch things around while making other assignments?

I was wondering this too. Our luggage tags just arrived with a blank space to write the cabin number. I thought maybe I should wait until we fly and just double check it before writing anything. Still 4.5 weeks til we sail. My gosh, I'd love mid ship deck 7. I'm guessing they'd hold off giving a deck 8 family size cabin to a VGT passenger hoping someone books them at full price.

We were previously booked for our VGT cruise in cat 7A on the Magic using a placeholder booking, and had it booked as soon as the dates were released. Later, I felt guilty to spend so much on a vacation so I cancelled last fall. In June, I just happened to check it again and saw the VGT rate is $1000 per cabin less than what we had booked originally. (We need 2 cabins.) So even if we're assigned a NV, we're still making out better than before and there's a good chance we'll get a higher category than 7A.
For us, it's a win-win situation.

We just booked a GTY on the Magic sailing Oct 12th from NYCity (the one just prior to their TCM cruise). We have never done a GTY before as we almost always have to fly to Florida, Europe (twice), or Vancouver (once) to board our DCShip, and we tend to be "plan ahead'rs".

Even though we almost always have a place-holder "on file", the GTY rate was so attractive, we had to give it a try. We live ~1hr from the terminal, and can even take a train(!) so very little charge for parking, transportation and no pre-cruise hotel & transfer!

Moreover, we are moderately experienced DCL'ers and have stayed in a variety of the Verandah rooms so I know we will be happy. I am just so thrilled to be in anticipation of another Disney Cruise (my 10th!).

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8122
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I think it's a good location, reviews seem decent. Midship
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? only one room
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. ? I noticed on Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 2:30pm I just happened to be looking at my reservation on the website.
9. What month is your cruise? Nov

#2. What category and room # did you get?5A Aft
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with this stateroom- Aft where we love!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I noticed around 10 am.
9. What month is your cruise? Oct

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5636
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's fine. We often book the 6A/7A staterooms, and that's what we received - perhaps at a $300 discount.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? only one room
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. ? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early PM, I think. DW had been checking 2+ times/day so I doubt we missed it by too long.
9. What month is your cruise? Oct (<2 weeks!)

We had a 4-night cruise date in Feb 2020, but I saw a GTY pop up for a verandah room in January for almost $1000 less, so I canceled our original cruise and booked. A little scared about where they'll put us, but it would have to be pretty bad for me to regret it due to how much we're saving.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5532
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Seems great, this is our first cruise and getting a $1000 discount and an upgrade to 04E is amazing. I think this is the extended verandahs from what I am reading as well.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning (checked at 1PM EST)
9. What month is your cruise? Nov (30th - Dec 7th)

I just booked a 3 night GTY Cat: OGT for August. Saved about 700$ going this route. Hopefully I get something decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!