Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SnackyStacky, Apr 22, 2012.

1. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I agree. Seems there have been alot and much further in advance. I booked a Dec VGT in July and I see one listed now for April 2019!

southerngirl528 likes this.
  2. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

WOW! That IS a long way in advance! Congrats! pixiedust:

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Pooh2

Pooh2 Dis Veteran

Booked VGT on the Magic.
    Got assigned05C, room 6608.
    Looks like a great room but reviews have me nervous saying that it is right above the theater and pretty noisy during movies.

5. ustasmom

ustasmom Mouseketeer

So I know that they "can" not assign cabins until you arrive at the port, how often does that happen?

6. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

I've always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise, but found it always too expensive for solo. Now I have found an affordable cruise on the Magic but it is IGT. As I have never cruised before I don't know yet if I have a preference for a deck or certain cabin.

Good decision?

The only other catch with IGT is that it's non refundable/non changeable. With not being able to select a room yourself, those two things are the only differences?.

7. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Yep, you've got it. We go on our 2nd *GT sailing in less than 2 weeks. If you can snag one with dates that work, they can be a great deal over the prevailing rate. We have 2 rooms, and saved a total of $4k.

Davistigers and Karin1984 like this.
  8. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
    #2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 9087
    #3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a great location. It is a 4 night cruise and we wanted to try an inside for the virtual porthole. Love the location! I don't feel it was a 'leftover'. Was hoping for a split bathroom, but again, we don't care much for this cruise. Price was good, only 4 nights! Don't plan on being in there much!
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
    #6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
    #7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
    8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 11am EST is my best guess. I woke up at 8am (PST) and it was there!
    9. What month is your cruise? December

n2mm likes this.
  9. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

Other question, how do you find out about your room assignment? Do you get an e-mail or do you just see it in your online reservation?

10. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

You just see it in your reservation.

11. cougar87

cougar87 Earning My Ears

Is it possible to ask for and get a stateroom change if you booked GTY and they assigned your stateroom already? I can see staterooms still available same category that we would rather have. Just wondering if it was worth a try.
    Thanks!

12. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

You can change a GTY (specific category room ... if you booked a GTY 5A and see another 5A room, it can be switched.). If you book a GTY (VGT/OGT/IGT with restrictions) no changes is listed as part of the restrictions

Dug720 likes this.
  13. tinkerpea

tinkerpea DIS Veteran

Is
    I was told this wasn't the case i booked GTY as at the time that was all that was available, however 2 days later they opened back up staterooms to choose again,
    We have a son with Autism and have booked a 4D cat deluxe, family room with verandah, and I'm really worried we will now and up under deck 10, which my son won't cope with at all if you can hear deck chairs being scraped at night and early morning.

Davistigers likes this.