Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Excellent day at Animal Kingdom, and you know I share your love of that park!! We haven't tried Harambe Market yet, but I hear really good things about it.

Excellent day at Animal Kingdom, and you know I share your love of that park!! We haven't tried Harambe Market yet, but I hear really good things about it.
Highly recommend it. It a great quick service option if you are in that area.

This park is so much more than a zoo, and is so much more than a "half day" park.

Yes! Thank you! It's my favourite park too!

I was looking forward to trying the sunset version of this but unfortunately never got around to it this trip.

My review - meh.

I forgot to mention - during the 5km, I was in line for one of the character meets and someone from your group ran by - I recognized the Mickey Mouse Club shirt since you had posted it on your Instagram! I think it might have been your mom?

Yes! Thank you! It's my favourite park too!

My review - meh.

I forgot to mention - during the 5km, I was in line for one of the character meets and someone from your group ran by - I recognized the Mickey Mouse Club shirt since you had posted it on your Instagram! I think it might have been your mom?
Reviews are definitely mixed.

Thats cool!

Your photos are phenomenal!! I too adore AK-definitely my favourite park! Congrats to yoru sister(s) on their races! I'm excited to hear your review of OHana, I haven't done that one yet, either.

Your photos are phenomenal!! I too adore AK-definitely my favourite park! Congrats to yoru sister(s) on their races! I'm excited to hear your review of OHana, I haven't done that one yet, either.
Thank you! This was my first Ohana dinner. I've done it for breakfast but never dinner.

congratulations on your sisters on their kid races... my 6 yo is running in the 200m dash and my 12 yo will do the mickey mile. they have moved the start time to 930am for the princess half kid races. what time did your sisters have to be at WWoS for their race? I am so paranoid we will miss it since we will be running 5k that morning. i know it will be close.

congratulations on your sisters on their kid races... my 6 yo is running in the 200m dash and my 12 yo will do the mickey mile. they have moved the start time to 930am for the princess half kid races. what time did your sisters have to be at WWoS for their race? I am so paranoid we will miss it since we will be running 5k that morning. i know it will be close.
The mile is the last event and was at 12:30 for marathon weekend. 9:30 will be close but I think you'll be okay.

Loved the pic of you and your Grandma in front of Everest, and LOVED your little sis's shirt with the Sorcerer!! Sounds like an enjoyable day @ AK - I love to just "hang out" in that park, since it's so beautiful, and I also love the LK Show. Can't wait to see what Pandora brings - agree with Pete - not a huge fan of the movie (thought it was WAY long, and the blue people kinda freaked me out - LOL), but the collaboration of Joe Rohde and James Cameron is sure to bring pure genius!! I especially cant wait to see it at night!!

Loved the pic of you and your Grandma in front of Everest, and LOVED your little sis's shirt with the Sorcerer!! Sounds like an enjoyable day @ AK - I love to just "hang out" in that park, since it's so beautiful, and I also love the LK Show. Can't wait to see what Pandora brings - agree with Pete - not a huge fan of the movie (thought it was WAY long, and the blue people kinda freaked me out - LOL), but the collaboration of Joe Rohde and James Cameron is sure to bring pure genius!! I especially cant wait to see it at night!!
Thanks! I am so excited for Pandora. That land is going to be stunning.

AK! I don't think the Tree trails were open when I was there--if they were I missed them, I will add them to my to-do list!

I've been meaning to ask where you other sister is? I don't think you mentioned her being on this trip? I assume she was tied up with school/sports etc.

I'm impressed Sydnee finished the race one shoe on and one shoe off! Must have been difficult!

AK! I don't think the Tree trails were open when I was there--if they were I missed them, I will add them to my to-do list!

I've been meaning to ask where you other sister is? I don't think you mentioned her being on this trip? I assume she was tied up with school/sports etc.

I'm impressed Sydnee finished the race one shoe on and one shoe off! Must have been difficult!
The tree trails just opened back up late in 2016.

My other sister is now in High School and is a varsity basketball player so she couldn't leave during this time.

She said it wasn't that bad but apparently one person laughed at her or something.

You got some great FOTLK shots! It's my DH's favorite show, too.
I've eaten at Harambe Market twice, love it! My favorites are the pork sausage and the chicken tiki masala. I love the atmosphere there and all the detail, too :goodvibes
Curious to read about your 'Ohana experience! We've been twice and have mixed feelings.......

You got some great FOTLK shots! It's my DH's favorite show, too.
I've eaten at Harambe Market twice, love it! My favorites are the pork sausage and the chicken tiki masala. I love the atmosphere there and all the detail, too :goodvibes
Curious to read about your 'Ohana experience! We've been twice and have mixed feelings.......
I've got even more shots that I found. I'll post those later though.

The Harambe market is so nice for a quick services.

That's coming up soon!

Seems like a good day at Animal Kingdom. I am right there with you with how much I love that park - especially now with the evening hours ... it's not about the rides it's about the park itself. I hope you do get to see the sunset safari - it's a nice little alternative to give it even more re-ridability

Good job out of your sister sucking it up and running 1/2 the raise with only one shoe!

You captured a number of great expressions on the faces of the FOTLK performers!

Nice face on your EE ride photo! ;)

Seems like a good day at Animal Kingdom. I am right there with you with how much I love that park - especially now with the evening hours ... it's not about the rides it's about the park itself. I hope you do get to see the sunset safari - it's a nice little alternative to give it even more re-ridability

Good job out of your sister sucking it up and running 1/2 the raise with only one shoe!

You captured a number of great expressions on the faces of the FOTLK performers!

Nice face on your EE ride photo! ;)
Sunset safari is on my list for next trip for sure!

She was determined to finish that race.

I love taking photos at FOTLK it's one of my favorite things to do.

Photo Update

So I finally found all of my missing photos. I thought I would just share them in one update without going back and adding them.

Syd was apparently not happy at this point.

Continued in next post...

I love all of your pictures from Festival of the Lion King! That show really is so colorful and vibrant ... you can never have too many pictures of it.

Congrats to the Mickey Mile runners! Your sister is a trooper for running part of the race without a shoe!

I love all of your safari pictures - you saw some great animals. I'm jealous that you got to see the baby elephant ... that's so cool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter