grocery delivery experience

nelsonkg

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to share we had a great experience with Safeway delivery at BCV this past week. Fair prices, delivery on time within a 1 hour window and nothing missing. There was one substitution which I did not like and they credited me when I called to report it. I didn't think it was a fair substitution. We ordered fresh fruit with our order and it was all great. Would use again

I just wanted to share we had a great experience with Safeway delivery at BCV this past week. Fair prices, delivery on time within a 1 hour window and nothing missing. There was one substitution which I did not like and they credited me when I called to report it. I didn't think it was a fair substitution. We ordered fresh fruit with our order and it was all great. Would use again
We were thinking about doing grocery delivery ourselves but with Publix. I was wondering if the delivery person would have any trouble getting through the security gates. We will be staying at BWI. I also wondered if they deliver to the front desk or straight to your room? I’ve never done this before so I’m a little apprehensive... thanks for sharing your experience

Same here! Safeway was great. They left it all with bell services and we just let them know when we were ready for them to drop it by our room then.

We are planning on trying Safeway for our trip next month. I think I read here that you do have to be present for delivery if your order includes alcohol? (Ours definitely will, lol.)

We are planning on trying Safeway for our trip next month. I think I read here that you do have to be present for delivery if your order includes alcohol? (Ours definitely will, lol.)

We didn't for GG. That'd be a deal breaker for me.

Yes, apparently GG will let you email your ID ahead of time but you have to be present for delivery with Safeway? Safeway's prices are much lower than GG though, so I'm thinking of going with them even though I prefer to not have to wait around for the delivery person. Safeway's delivery windows look to only be an hour, so as long as they stick to them it shouldn't be too terrible.

Last edited:
We did not order alcohol we stopped for that on the way there from the airport. They left our delivery at Bell sevices and the driver called me when he was on his way. I wanted to tip him and planned to go to bell service when he arrived but he said they were not allowed tips.

You're right, you have to be there to show ID, and sign for it if beer and wine is included in your order. Safeway does a great job!

We're here now and also had a positive Safeway delivery experience. Driver missed 2 items, called to let me know and dropped them off within 2 hours. He delivered to bell services but we had no alcohol in our order. I will definitely use them next time we're here!

What grocery store is GG? Can you put your order for either grocery store online or do you have to call. I was going to do amazon prime Now but last I checked they do not deliver alcohol. So both of these options sound better for me. Thank you all for this great discussion.

What grocery store is GG? Can you put your order for either grocery store online or do you have to call. I was going to do amazon prime Now but last I checked they do not deliver alcohol. So both of these options sound better for me. Thank you all for this great discussion.

garden grocer...it is a tad pricey but I feel like everything convenient is pricey. The one other advantage to garden grocer is you can submit the order super early (you save 10% for an order more than 60 days out).

Awesome, thank you for the information. Has anyone tried doing two orders from two different sites? For example ordering their booze from garden grocery and their food from Amazon prime now order? Or is that too cumbersome?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter