Groceries transfer on split stay

brenbrady

Mouseketeer
HI first time doing a split stay if you order food does bell service transport food along with your luggage, if not how do you tranfer.
any help is appreciated Thanks in advance.

They will not transport refrigerated items. You will have to carry those over to your next resort and bell service will keep them cold at that time until you check-in to your room.

So today, 25 Oct, I had a transfer from BRV to BWV. I had included a bag of food and another with gallon jugs of water. Bell Service happily accepted and transferred these items without question.

Last edited:

When I was there two weeks ago bell services refused to transfer any food items. We had a box of individual packaged cheezits and had to put them in our luggage to transfer them.

I moved from BLT to BWV on 9/29. Used Uber XL and was there with my luggage in 15 minutes for $15 plus tip. Walked into the lobby at 9:30 and then headed to AK. Room was ready at 12:45, was glad to get my luggage when I returned mid afternoon.

I moved from BLT to BWV on 9/29. Used Uber XL and was there with my luggage in 15 minutes for $15 plus tip. Walked into the lobby at 9:30 and then headed to AK. Room was ready at 12:45, was glad to get my luggage when I returned mid afternoon.
Thank you that sound like the way to go.

When I was there two weeks ago bell services refused to transfer any food items. We had a box of individual packaged cheezits and had to put them in our luggage to transfer them.
This weekend we moved SSR to Riviera. We had some muffins and fruit and other dry food items that we put in a Disney merchandise bag and bell services moved it for us. Like the other poster said, they won't move refrigerated items any more which sucks on a split stay.

Bell services had no issue with food going from VGF to RIV that did not need refrIgation
I’ve seen back and forth on this on multiple sites. Plan Disney, in Jan 2021, said they will. I’ve seen posters on Disboards so they will and others say they won’t.

What’s the verdict of refrigerated items for split stay transfer?

I’ve seen back and forth on this on multiple sites. Plan Disney, in Jan 2021, said they will. I’ve seen posters on Disboards so they will and others say they won’t.

Refrigerated items can not be sent. You must transfer those yourselves. But other groceries will be transferred without an issue. That was the piece I was referring to in my post.

When I transferred resorts, I just Ubered to resort two with the stuff that needed to be kept cold and bell services are resort 2 kept them for me.

This may be a little different but we had a "split stay" but all within the same resort, just changing room types and they did transfer all items including refrigerated. They held on to everything for about 5-ish hours while our second room was getting ready.

This may be a little different but we had a "split stay" but all within the same resort, just changing room types and they did transfer all items including refrigerated. They held on to everything for about 5-ish hours while our second room was getting ready.
That makes sense - the resorts have the means to refrigerate items (or keep them frozen). Your items never left the resort.

The issue with transfers is that the trucks that move luggage between resorts do not have the capability to keep items cold/frozen, and luggage being transferred can spend quite a long time in those trucks. Just not worth it to Disney to accept the liability or purchase vehicles that can keep refrigerated items cold/frozen.

This morning we talked to BS at Kidani in preparation for our move tomorrow, and they specifically told us they wouldn’t transport refrigerated foods or medications. So in agreement with posts above! (I think the change occurred in July 2021, so Plan Disney was correct in January 2021. Things change!)

I'm hoping for a GFVs to BWVs split stay and I decided this is what I am going to do too. Thanks for responding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter