Greetings from Kansas City!

Sorry to hear about the break in- I bet if you gave us a list of the rest of the books we could find most of them cheap too- of course not having them on the car trip sucks!

Rebecca

Nice to hear how you're doing - but what a pain about the books! I take two books to work if I'm likely to finish the one I'm reading before I get back in the evening (two 40 minute train rides uses a lot of pages;) even without a bit of literature with my sarnies)

Oh, and I now have "Witchita Linesman" on the brain AGAIN - it took me a week to get rid of it after DH kept playing it on the computer (I even dreamt it!!):headache:

Wuthering Heights (which I have another copy of at home but this was nicer)
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book 2 and 3
Confessions of a Slacker Mom

DS12s books were:
Wizard Heir
Dragon Heir
Silvertongue

DS8:
Huckleberry Finn
Tom Sawyer
Moby Dick

I'll have to look through the kids bag which weren't taken, it's no biggie. I can find them later. Thankfully I have the receipt still so I can look through that.

OK headed out to eat and get out of Dodge!!! See ya soon!

P.S. I got all caught up on my 365 album, that was a really good car project.

I was telling Denni and Diana you were working on that during this trip. Diana is all excited about working on hers.

UN Freakin Believable!!!!!!!

FYI, St. Louis sucks the bigs one!!

Not 2 hours after DH leaves the car after doing some minor work in the trailer, someone broke into our car. Right in front of the main door to the hotel and the booth for the security guard.
She managed to chase them off but they did manage to bust the window, tweak the drivers lock and steal get this a bag of books. Granted it was about $400 in books but I find it kind of funny. I hope they learn something from The sisterhood of the traveling pants series and Wuthering Heights! I am pissed about one book though, Confessions of the Slacker Mom. That was a Scholastic book I got at the big regional book fair, not sure if I can find that one. I'll have to look at Amazon.
Stupid schmuckoids, like DH said either their dad wasn't around to beat their a$$ when they were kids or their dad just didn't care. And the cop said that the mom was probably only 12 years older then her kid and working 3 jobs to feed them.
It was funny I think she was more pissed then we were. LOL At least it was us and not someone who's stupid enough to leave GPS and laptops etc in the car. I had just finished moving over 12,000 pics to the new laptop, there is no way in hell I would leave it in the car.

Oh well, live and learn. We avoid the tornado in Kansas but couldn't avoid the stupid people in St Louis. On a positive note our room has a wicked cool view of the Arch! I'll post pics later! LOL

Thanks for listening to me vent.

that is horrible! but not surprising. Car breakins are pretty common at hotels. I bet the thief thought the book bag had a laptop in it. Imagine their surprise when they open the bag and find books. I bet you could find the bag not far from the hotel with the books still in it. As soon as they realize they have books and not an easily pawnable electronic device, they will dump it quick.

Safe travels up to IN. We are getting hit with a nice little nor'easter.

BAMB and family are safe and sound in Indiana! :)
Just back from dinner! We had a good time... Looking forward to our trip to the zoo tomorrow... My DH has to work but is meeting us for lunch! Ok, off to check the weather... its supposed to be in the 90s! Urgh!

Was your hotel in St. Louis or East St. Louis?

Sorry to hear about the breakin.

not sure, I think St. Louis. I could see the whole arch from our room. Oh yeah, I promised a pic too! eta no plug for the camera so pics will have to wait until I get back LOL Anyway we were at the Hampton Inn.

BAMB and family are safe and sound in Indiana! :)
Just back from dinner! We had a good time... Looking forward to our trip to the zoo tomorrow... My DH has to work but is meeting us for lunch! Ok, off to check the weather... its supposed to be in the 90s! Urgh!

Loved dinner, all the kids stepped right into place pairing up. DS7 was funny, him and DD3 would not shut up!!! LOL DD3 even booted me out of my seat so she could sit next to Nancy.
You can see who are the chatterboxes though! The PN96's couldn't get a word in edgewise! The Blinks commanded all of the commentary.

I'm ready for the zoo but not the 90º heat!

Glad to hear you 2 are having fun. 90 degrees send it to vermont please I want summer! We are finally seeing blue sky but it's still only going to be 70, we haven't even cut out first hay field and we should be on our 3rd by now. Tom's off to check to see which field isn't under water so we can start mowing. So if I disappear for the next 4 days I'll be in the hay fields.

Have fun at the zoo:)

Mornin'...
The kids were a hoot! DD3 was adamant that mom move and let her sit between us! :) DD3 reminded me so much of my DD years ago... even my DH said, oh my gosh, she is so our daughter made over... than he laughed hysterically and said he was glad someone else had this round! I must make sure my DD teaches the proper use of "stomp, stomp, SLAM!"

Mornin'...
The kids were a hoot! DD3 was adamant that mom move and let her sit between us! :) DD3 reminded me so much of my DD years ago... even my DH said, oh my gosh, she is so our daughter made over... than he laughed hysterically and said he was glad someone else had this round! I must make sure my DD teaches the proper use of "stomp, stomp, SLAM!"

Oh don't worry she has that down already!!

Tell PJ I really appreciated her help today, it helped me keep tabs on DS7 since I didn't need to watch DD3. You're kids, even the extras, were wonderful and extremely well behaved. It really kept my monkeys in check! DD loves the "big girl"!!!
We never did get our pics though so we need to do that on the porch tomorrow.

Glad to hear you 2 are having fun. 90 degrees send it to vermont please I want summer! We are finally seeing blue sky but it's still only going to be 70, we haven't even cut out first hay field and we should be on our 3rd by now. Tom's off to check to see which field isn't under water so we can start mowing. So if I disappear for the next 4 days I'll be in the hay fields.

Have fun at the zoo:)

you are more than welcome to come hay the field behind my house!!!! It's needed to be done like 3 weeks ago.

Oh don't worry she has that down already!!

Tell PJ I really appreciated her help today, it helped me keep tabs on DS7 since I didn't need to watch DD3. You're kids, even the extras, were wonderful and extremely well behaved. It really kept my monkeys in check! DD loves the "big girl"!!!
We never did get our pics though so we need to do that on the porch tomorrow.

PJ says anytime!!! :) The kids all raved on the way home how much fun they had... I'm sorry it was so hot..we usually don't have these temps til late July/early August... Your kids are great....DS7 is just very curious..I love that!!! The Blink kids are adorable and all so outgoing and talkative!! Now, I just have to hope my kids are being sociable... The kids are anxious to just hang out at the house and goof off tomorrow!! Yes, we definitely will have to get our photos!!! Which reminds me, I need to find the stanley photos to show Bear! LOL Tell eldest DS, I appreciate him being so tolerating of Bear..but feel free to belt him if the need arises! LOL

Nancy and Buffy, I'm so glad you two were able to finally meet!! Sounds like you all are having lots of fun!

Isn't this weather a change?? It was in the 40's up here last week at night and it's 92 right now with 100 degree heat index temps!! Such strange weather. Hopefully, tomorrow's storms will stay away.

Nancy and Buffy, I'm so glad you two were able to finally meet!! Sounds like you all are having lots of fun!

Isn't this weather a change?? It was in the 40's up here last week at night and it's 92 right now with 100 degree heat index temps!! Such strange weather. Hopefully, tomorrow's storms will stay away.

OMG! It has been so nice!! It's great that everyone gets along and they all like to be around each other!!!

I'm afraid to look at the heat index! Buffy laughs at me because we don't have A/C....but we don't get this hot this early...and when we are hot.. my kids are in school w/ A/C, so I won't waste the money to keep me cool.

DH is off now to teach DD to parallel park... :scared1::eek::sick:

OMG! It has been so nice!! It's great that everyone gets along and they all like to be around each other!!!

I'm afraid to look at the heat index! Buffy laughs at me because we don't have A/C....but we don't get this hot this early...and when we are hot.. my kids are in school w/ A/C, so I won't waste the money to keep me cool.

DH is off now to teach DD to parallel park... :scared1::eek::sick:

I still had the heat on until last week!! AC is running now, though I keep it turned up to 78.

Ahh...Yes, parallel parking!! Good luck to all of you...LOL:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter