Greetings from Kansas City!

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Hey all, driving down the I -70l well DH is driving and I'm typing. LOL

We will be in Wichita around 1 am and will load Lilo in the morning before the rain comes. We are making a quick stop in Kansas City to see the Narnia exhibit then it's on to PrincessNancy's house. WAHHOOEEYYYY!!!!!

Weather's been good, had a bit of rain the day we left but it's been smooth sailing since. It's hotter then Hades though, I could do without that. Thanks Nancy for taking the hit on the T'storms today so we could have nice weather. :thumbsup2

So that's about it for now just figured I'd pop in since I had the internet card in, looking for hotels on the way out.

Oh and the photo theme for this trip is bridges!! Specifically erector set bridges.

Welcome to my area! You will go by the Olathe exits on I-35 south as you head to and from Wichita. I am on the Santa Fe/135th Street exit and then about 2 1/2 miles east. So wave when you go by!

It has been really hot here lately and humid!!! Not as hot as it will be in a month though, when we are in the 100's without the heat index added in! We have had some bad thunderstorms this week as well, but that should be over--maybe some rain tomorrow, who knows??

Have a safe trip and enjoy the Narnia exhibit. Let us know how it is.:cool1:

glad to hear you are having a good trip. enjoy that family time!!!

Sorry I had to duck out on your last night, the wind picked up, something went flying past the house and we headed to the basement.. it was more wind and lightning and than it was done... very random storms through the night that were nothing... no damage!!

Have fun at the Narnia exhibit... Now I'm off to get the kitchen/DR mopped...as I'm cleaning house for your visit.. DH is in town buying the door casings/baseboards for the living room.. (we still have the new drywall to put on the ceiling and crown molding but FIL is getting a lift for that and the regular ceiling is fine! but at least I'm finally getting trim work after 2 years!)
Keep me posted on the progress!!!! DH wants to know what I'll do today if you and I aren't txting... wait til we are together..they won't know what to do with us!

Hey KSJH!! Stay safe, bad storms headed your way.

I told DH that I knew someone from the area. I was actually typing as we drove by! Headed back your way now behind the storms, great bit white cloud cluster up ahead.

Nan let me know when you need more remodeling done, I'll come visit again! LOL
I figure we'll text, we won't know how to talk face to face! :rotfl2:
I finally get to meet my BFF after 2 + years, how cool is that!

BAMB! Thanks for posting! Love the trip reports!

Have a great time with PN - hope texting across the room works out! LOL I thought that was funny!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Txt'd with BAMB last night... narnia exhibit was cool! :) No photos though..

Should be here sometime mid afternoon.. we are doing laundry! LOL

UN Freakin Believable!!!!!!!

FYI, St. Louis sucks the bigs one!!

Not 2 hours after DH leaves the car after doing some minor work in the trailer, someone broke into our car. Right in front of the main door to the hotel and the booth for the security guard.
She managed to chase them off but they did manage to bust the window, tweak the drivers lock and steal get this a bag of books. Granted it was about $400 in books but I find it kind of funny. I hope they learn something from The sisterhood of the traveling pants series and Wuthering Heights! I am pissed about one book though, Confessions of the Slacker Mom. That was a Scholastic book I got at the big regional book fair, not sure if I can find that one. I'll have to look at Amazon.
Stupid schmuckoids, like DH said either their dad wasn't around to beat their a$$ when they were kids or their dad just didn't care. And the cop said that the mom was probably only 12 years older then her kid and working 3 jobs to feed them.
It was funny I think she was more pissed then we were. LOL At least it was us and not someone who's stupid enough to leave GPS and laptops etc in the car. I had just finished moving over 12,000 pics to the new laptop, there is no way in hell I would leave it in the car.

Oh well, live and learn. We avoid the tornado in Kansas but couldn't avoid the stupid people in St Louis. On a positive note our room has a wicked cool view of the Arch! I'll post pics later! LOL

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Oh wow, BAMB! Sorry about the car break-in. I bet they were surprised to open the bag and find just books!!!!:rotfl: Have fun meeting PN96 today!

Ugh! I'm so sorry!!!
Yup, SL can leave a bad taste in your mouth!
Sure glad you all are headed this way and you are getting here early enough to get some good rest!!!!

Keep me posted!
See Ya Real Soon!!!

now I'm a weird kind of person, I believe in a twisted form of eye for an eye. If I had caught them I would have made them read all the books out loud and made them write every word from every book. Talk about torture!!!

Ugh! I'm so sorry!!!
Yup, SL can leave a bad taste in your mouth!
Sure glad you all are headed this way and you are getting here early enough to get some good rest!!!!

Keep me posted!
See Ya Real Soon!!!

Looks like we will be moving in! you'll be the talk of the neighborhood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter