GREEN APPLE. A November Anniversary TR with too many photos! *update 12/19*

Followed you over from the nov fb group!! Really enjoying your trip report... Your pictures are gorgeous!!! We were there a couple days after you.... MK never looked like that lol.... It was packed most of the time!

Oh wow! I am loving your pictures! I know I've said that, but each one I think, this is my favorite, then I see more and think, no, this is my favorite. So clearly I can't choose a fav. I do really like the one of the little girl in the arch. She seems in awe. And of course the ones of HM! One of my favorite rides in MK! And love the shots of the EMPTY park. And that last one of the castle could be framed! See? I told you I couldn't pick a favorite!:rolleyes1 Keep them coming. Please and thank you!:goodvibes

Oh, you can keep saying it, I have no issues with that! :lmao: There are many, many more to come! :thumbsup2

Followed you over from the nov fb group!! Really enjoying your trip report... Your pictures are gorgeous!!! We were there a couple days after you.... MK never looked like that lol.... It was packed most of the time!

Thank you! Well, it did get busier than that, but since we had the freedom of no one that needed to do certain rides, we hopped away from crowds when we encountered them. More on that in the next update!

Gorgeous pictures!!!
Rain is great at keeping the crowds down. :thumbsup2 But less great for photography. :worried:

Amanda

Gorgeous pictures!!!
Rain is great at keeping the crowds down. :thumbsup2 But less great for photography. :worried:

Amanda

Amanda!!! I hope you guys are recovering there. I know many people are still suffering and without electricity.

Yes, the rain helped with the morning crowds! I'm glad for it, I'm sure I'll have more opportunities to get those shots. :)

Yay! So happy to find your TR! I've read your previous one with your whole family, and I just loved it! You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad you and your husband were able to get away just the two of you...a very special kind of trip. Your pictures make my jaw just drop. I am loving the Christmas decorations! My hubby and I are planning our anniversary trip for next November after thanksgiving and I can't wait to see it all decked out!!

Can't wait to read the rest :)

Yay! So happy to find your TR! I've read your previous one with your whole family, and I just loved it! You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad you and your husband were able to get away just the two of you...a very special kind of trip. Your pictures make my jaw just drop. I am loving the Christmas decorations! My hubby and I are planning our anniversary trip for next November after thanksgiving and I can't wait to see it all decked out!!

Can't wait to read the rest :)

Yay! Glad you are here! I won't promise this one will be as funny or dramatic as my previous two, but at least it has good pictures, right? ;)

I had a similar experience when my husband and I took a trip together in Dec 2010. I was watching the MVMCP and I started to cry!! I felt so guilty we were in Disney without the kids and they were missing it! It did help to know that we had a another trip planned for February with them.

I had a similar experience when my husband and I took a trip together in Dec 2010. I was watching the MVMCP and I started to cry!! I felt so guilty we were in Disney without the kids and they were missing it! It did help to know that we had a another trip planned for February with them.

I don't think I could have done it if we hadn't just taken a trip all together and I didn't have this future trip with Savannah planned. That really helped, but we still found ourselves talking about what the kids would enjoy "next time"! ;)

That last castle pic was really pretty! That’s nice that the park was so empty.

Thanks Erin! :goodvibes

After taking a shot of the castle, we headed towards the hub! The rain had not only stopped, but the sun was trying to peek out.

ReyKarenAKL805.jpg

ReyKarenAKL801.jpg

ReyKarenAKL807.jpg

There were more people coming in the park, but certainly not overwhelming. We had not made a plan, I knew some of my favorites were out because of Rey's back, so I headed to a ride that I thought would be fun for us. Buzz Lightyear!

ReyKarenAKL811.jpg

We walked RIGHT ON. I've never even walked through the regular line, we always use FP's, but I didn't even have time to get a proper shot of Buzz b/c the line never stopped!

ReyKarenAKL820.jpg

I'll admit, this was another time when my camera got the best of me. I was a wee bit preoccupied with trying to get a wide angle shot of Rey playing the game, so my score suffered greatly! :lmao: AND, the darn shots were too noisy for my liking anyway, so I should have just put the camera down and beat him...but I'll let him think he won this one fair and square. ;)

ReyKarenAKL821.jpg

ReyKarenAKL834.jpg

After Buzz, we moseyed over and walked right on the People Mover.

ReyKarenAKL838.jpg

It was Crazy how dead Tomorrowland looked from up there. We had a fun time taking pics of each other.

ReyKarenAKL840.jpg

ReyKarenAKL849.jpg

ReyKarenAKL856.jpg

ReyKarenAKL870.jpg

When we got off peoplemover and headed back towards the hub.

ReyKarenAKL873.jpg

ReyKarenAKL874.jpg

ReyKarenAKL880.jpg

I realized there were not a ton of rides that Rey would want to do here that his back could tolerate anyway. To be honest, this was more of an Epcot F&W trip than anything, so I suggested we head to Epcot! Naturally, I had to take a million pictures on the way out. I went up to the train station to get some as well!

ReyKarenAKL887.jpg

ReyKarenAKL894.jpg

ReyKarenAKL898.jpg

ReyKarenAKL911.jpg

ReyKarenAKL914.jpg

ReyKarenAKL944.jpg

The wide angle made for a cute shot with all of mainstreet behind us.
ReyKarenAKL948.jpg

I thought it was pretty funny to be leaving MK at 10something in the morning, but it was liberating as well! AND...the crowds heading into MK looked scary, so we were happy to head out! We had plans to come back that evening. AND, I just realized, we rode all 3 rides before 10am on our first morning. Those were the only rides we rode!! :scared1:

Next update: A different way to get to Epcot!!

Loving the updates. I LOVE the wide-angle pictures, I have lens jealousy... Makes me want to rent a wide-angle... Having never used one though I fear there would be too much of a learning curve on vacation... LOVE the shots you are getting though!!

Tomorrowland looks DESERTED! And walking by Pan with a 5m wait?!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY woman!

Loving the updates. I LOVE the wide-angle pictures, I have lens jealousy... Makes me want to rent a wide-angle... Having never used one though I fear there would be too much of a learning curve on vacation... LOVE the shots you are getting though!!

Tomorrowland looks DESERTED! And walking by Pan with a 5m wait?!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY woman!

I know, I know! I keep kicking myself for it, it wouldn't have taken long at all...but I KNOW I would have cried and wished Savannah was there, so we'll ride it a bunch in February! :thumbsup2

Yep, I'm glad I have the shots, but they came at a bit of a cost. There's a HUGE learning curve on a lens like this, more than any other lens I have used or rented in the past. It's a double edge sword though b/c WDW is such a great place to get so many unique shots that I wouldn't be able to get around here. I know with my mother/daughter trip, I will be only taking my prime (which I will keep on 95% of the time) and my zoom...just b/c I didn't take it last time and might want it on the safari or something!

I am joining along...

Love the pictures, absolutely beautiful!

We are going to AKL for the first time this upcoming Jan, so after seeing your pictures I am even more excited. Can't wait for Sanaa too!!

Thanks for sharing!

I am joining along...

Love the pictures, absolutely beautiful!

We are going to AKL for the first time this upcoming Jan, so after seeing your pictures I am even more excited. Can't wait for Sanaa too!!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh you are going to LOVE IT! :goodvibes I cannot imagine staying at any other deluxe now, we are going to have to find a way to go back and stay there with the kids.

I feel myself getting nostalgic for our last trip and anxious for our upcoming trip when I look at your pics. pixiedust:

I also love how laid back this trip is. Focusing on one person's needs instead of a crowd of people's seems to be the secret to a relaxing trip. :thumbsup2

I feel myself getting nostalgic for our last trip and anxious for our upcoming trip when I look at your pics. pixiedust:

I also love how laid back this trip is. Focusing on one person's needs instead of a crowd of people's seems to be the secret to a relaxing trip. :thumbsup2

YES! It was so relaxing and enjoyable and go-with-the-flow. I noticed things I never had before, soaked it all up, just lived in that moment. I wasn't bothered at all that I was walking by rides I wasn't going to do, not worried about where/when we had to be anywhere. It was SO GREAT!

I will say, it makes for more of a boring TR though! :rotfl2:

I'm beginning to freak a bit on fitting what SAVANNAH & I want into our trip! We have a list and it's hard to switch back into that gotta-get-on-all-these-attrations-mode! :scared1: Go check out the PTR! Did you see the link??

YES! It was so relaxing and enjoyable and go-with-the-flow. I noticed things I never had before, soaked it all up, just lived in that moment. I wasn't bothered at all that I was walking by rides I wasn't going to do, not worried about where/when we had to be anywhere. It was SO GREAT!

I will say, it makes for more of a boring TR though! :rotfl2:

I'm beginning to freak a bit on fitting what SAVANNAH & I want into our trip! We have a list and it's hard to switch back into that gotta-get-on-all-these-attrations-mode! :scared1: Go check out the PTR! Did you see the link??

Yep- I just went over there. But as I type this I realize that I posted but forgot to sub. Better get back over there before I forget!

As for switching gears- I think you'll be good because while you're rushing around you won't have to worry about keeping someone (ahem, Rey) happy who doesn't want to rush around. :thumbsup2

Karen- Only have gotten to your early morning exploring of the resort but I'm loving the trip report so far. I've been to Boma a few times for meals and your pictures of AKL are just absolutely amazing. I love the angles you picked. I'm also jealous of your journaling your trip. I always want to do it but never do, I may have to adopt your early morning journaling. Such a great idea.

Also your pictures of DTD got me very excited. My sister is getting married on the deck of Fulton's which was in one of your pictures. And I've made it pretty clear to everyone that I plan on two pictures at DTD in my bridesmaid dress... one with Lego Woody and the other out front of World of Disney with the skeleton pirate in your picture.

I will be back tomorrow to read up on what I haven't read. Also you look fantastic!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter