Greatest WDW memory(ies) of DVCers...

arthur06

DDC #689
We will be taking MIL (first trip in about 17 years) DS2, DS11months to WDW in October...

I want to do one really memorable thing while we are there! I see people renting a boat and watching the fireworks from it! What are some of your greatest memories. Or a "special" AK safari tour! Who better to ask then people who go all the time... :rotfl2:

I know V&A is out. Other then that what do you suggest!

hoop de doo..great for all ages and the parents will really enjoy it. we do it almost yearly now

dinner at the castle for your parents..i know my mom found that very special and you will get a great family photo.

We always mark special occasions and/or trips with guests with a specialty cruise as you had suggested initially. Illuminations specifically is our favorite. We love doing these and have done many of them in the past and will be doing another one in August. Other "events" we like to do with guests is seeing La Nouba (incredible show for all ages) as we are big fans of all the Cirque shows and all we have brought have enjoyed this tremendously. There are other fun shows as well (HDDR, MBBQ, Poly Luau, etc). Doing a tour is also a good way to make a trip "special" and there is a wide variety of tours available. I personally love the Segway tours (doubt this would work for you due to the age of your children).

There are other interesting and unique things at the world to do such as watching watches from the beach at the Poly or making an ADR at California Grill during Wishes or an ADR at England (patio) during Illuminations, renting a pontoon boat and crusiing the canals, get the hidden mickey book and try to find as many as possible, visit other resorts and experience the unique offerings at each. There is so much to do at wdw with a little time and research you can definately put to gether an itinerary that will be most pleaseing to all.

We will be taking MIL (first trip in about 17 years) DS2, DS11months to WDW in October...

I want to do one really memorable thing while we are there! I see people renting a boat and watching the fireworks from it! What are some of your greatest memories. Or a "special" AK safari tour! Who better to ask then people who go all the time... :rotfl2:

I know V&A is out. Other then that what do you suggest!

The special things are all great, but you know the three things my DD remembers from her trip last October right before she turned 3? Dumbo, Dumbo, and Dumbo. We rode the thing 150 times. She also remembers meeting the princesses at the meals, riding Aladin's carpet, and the castle, but it's really all about Dumbo. I'd say instead of trying to fit something extra special into the trip, take the time to make sure it's a great trip for your kids. Do things they'll love like Playhouse Disney, Pooh Corners, It's a Small World, and meeting the characters. Your MIL will probably enjoy seeing your kids enjoy that more than any special thing you have to pay extra for.

Save the special things for when your kids will be old enough to really remember them.

The special things are all great, but you know the three things my DD remembers from her trip last October right before she turned 3? Dumbo, Dumbo, and Dumbo. We rode the thing 150 times. She also remembers meeting the princesses at the meals, riding Aladin's carpet, and the castle, but it's really all about Dumbo. I'd say instead of trying to fit something extra special into the trip, take the time to make sure it's a great trip for your kids. Do things they'll love like Playhouse Disney, Pooh Corners, It's a Small World, and meeting the characters. Your MIL will probably enjoy seeing your kids enjoy that more than any special thing you have to pay extra for.

Save the special things for when your kids will be old enough to really remember them.

... and if you time the Dumbo line right, Fireworks while on Dumbo is stunning! (They did 3 different rides during the fireworks when I tried it. I got to see the finale while circling around:banana: fireworks look sooo much more 3-Dimensional while circling around, and there are fireworks all around you (castle on one side and the "big ones" on the other)- the bad thing about Dumbo is the line shade canopy blocks the fireworks views to all except the riders and those in the "next on" pens)

When I had a DS2, the look on his face (so large, shiny, colorful, noisy!!!) when the MK railroad train appeared around the bend at the Main Street station was priceless!

I love seeing the pictures of my DMom with characters. Mom's having a great time and the pictures are priceless. Her 85th birthday dinner was a GG experience at Christmastime and Minnie's decked out for the holiday and Goofy's disguised as Santa Claus.

We had a DUnk come with us one year, and he loved trains. DH took him on the Behind the Steam Train Tour, and during that you get to sit in the driver's seat. We have a picture of him waving from up there. Every time I see that picture, I remember him, and it's very special. DAunt turned 80 on that trip, and her classic picture for us is when the LTT server presented her with a great birthday cake surprise.

Except for the Steam Train tour, we didn't know exactly what experience was going to stand out. With your little ones, I have a feeling it could be something in Toon Town or Pixie Hollow, or perhaps dinner with Pooh and Friends at the Crystal Palace.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Dh and I had been to WDW several times. After joining DVC, we went with my sisters and their kids. So...we rode Dumbo for the 1st time. WOW!!

All of the magic of Disney just seems bundled up in that one ride especially at night after wishes.

Its not because you are riding around in a circle on an amusement park ride. Its the twinkling lights on the carousel, the castle, the whole feel of fantasyland.

HOWEVER, its that 1st time that you stumble across something truly magical that makes for the special moment. Yes, Dumbo is magical. So is the fountain that dances to music in Epcot. But...its taking the time to smell the roses and find these wonderful magical things that make it wonderful.

I would say that we are game for anything! I know its not always the moment you envisioned that is magical, sometimes its the unexpected that does it!

On our April trip, one of the best things for DW was getting ........aaahhheeemmmm.........several........... Orange Julius Grand Marniers at the France Pavillion at EPCOT!

I think that DMIL would really enjoy Cirque...but with that little of kiddos, not sure that its feasable!

We just returned Friday and the hilight of our trip was quite simple. Our 2 grandsons got their first haircuts in the MK barber shop. So worth the wait. Also having for generations under one roof in the GV at SSR.

I think it is wonderful that you are working on a special moment for your vacation. Please don't put too much stock in what you plan being your special moment however! You may find it is that first walk down Main Street when everyone is looking up and their mouths are hanging open. It may be the first time one of your little ones sees the castle or Mickey Mouse. I have found over and over again, that the best moments are the ones not planned. I just wouldn't want your special moment event to come and go and you to feel it wasn't up to your expectations. Plan away, but keep your eyes open for the little things that you aren't expecting or planning.

If you have a Disney Visa card, go to west Innoventions in the afternoon and get a family photo with whatever characters they have (we had the "big 3" this last time -- it was a secret, CM wouldn't tell anyone --but maybe they do it that way all the time now). Wait in the line near the fire truck.

And pre-order Photopass and use it a lot. It will be fun to have all the photos of your little ones to do comparison shots on your next trips of how they change and what they are interested in.

Great advice about the Photopass. When you're trying to recall those great moments, whatever they might be, it's nice to have pictures of the whole family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter