• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Skyauction Buy now on - but act fast!!

Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort

A credit card imprint for US$200 security
deposit is required at check-in. The
resort charges US$1 per day for unit
safes.

Any other hidden costs???

One more question.....any nice beache near Orlando?

Here's a question for you all.....

I purchased 3 of these weeks!

The condos we normally stay at are no longer using SkyAuction.....so....

Tell me what condos to AVOID! Is there a place you would say "I will NEVER go there again!"

Please spill.

Dawn

Ok...I booked Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort for the week of 12/8 to 12/15...2 bedroom :cool1: Thanks to all of you for your help :)

We are thinking Silver Lake for the week of 12/14 to 12/21....Maybe we will see you at the parks.

Have a great trip.

To the person asking which to avoid, We do our research so well, we have only had nice visits.
We have loved Orange Lake
We have loved Vistana Fountains
We have loved Vacation Village at Parkway

Sorry I could not be more negative...:rotfl:

Yes, this is our first trip :) .

how about these resorts?
Summer Bay Resort
Polynesian Isles
Alhambra at Poinciana

Summer Bay:cloud9: We stayed there last year in a 2 bedroom and it was clean, beautiful and much higher quality than most. We loved it!!!:goodvibes

Was that a choice? I just bought a certificate this morning. I love Summer BAy!@!!

Well, Silver Lake is gone...I called, I could see it but they said it was gone...Oh lord....:headache:

Well, Silver Lake is gone...I called, I could see it but they said it was gone...Oh lord....:headache:

Darn, thats too bad. did you try calling back and talking to someone else? That is strange that you could see the inventory and the RCI/getaway guide said it was not there.

I have learned form reading DIS that sometimes they have inventory that you cannot see. A DISer called to enquire about Orlando months ago and was offered excellent inventoryt hat was not showing up in getaway weeks.

I also once booked a one bedroom and was asked twice by the RCI guide if a one bedroom unit would be large enough ? I thou ght it was odd since thats all I could see ont he getaway weeks web site for the particular check in date. Not until after I got off the phone did I realize that I think he would have offered me a two bedroom if I had simply asked for it!!!! No biggie, my kids love the queen pullout in the living room of the one bedroom units (the MAGIC bed they call it, since it is a couch that turns into a bed, must be MAGIC).

If I was you I would call back a couple times and ask about inventory in Orlando for your date. Maybe Silver Lake (or something even better) might be available but for whatever reason it is not showing up on the getaway weeks web site.

What phone number do you have to call...?

I will try calling tomorrow because their office is now closed.:guilty:

Call the getaway weeks #. I believe it is
1-800-618-4968.
please let us know how you make out.

If a one bedroom would work, Wyndam Cypress Palms, Celebration World Resort, and Club Sevilla have some availability.

No...there are 6 of us. I know that Orbit One is available, but I don't want to stay there all three weeks! I'll just have to wait it out! :headache:

Thanks!:hug:

I've found the best times to look for new inventory is very late Friday night (11:30 pm or so) and first thing Sunday morning. RCI takes their website down every Saturday evening for an update and alot of new inventory is added at that time.
However, inventory can pop up at any time. I've seen good things added at 11 am on a Tuesday morning before, and be gone in a matter of minutes. RCI has many avenues for selling their inventory, including travel agents. We often times have access to different inventory that other avenues do not (i.e. Vacation Village properties), and it changes very quickly at times. Some resorts don't like their inventory being posted on Getawayweeks because they know it can be had so inexpensively.
What I've found with RCI is nothing is ever a "sure thing". If you see something you like, grab it while you can.

Arrrgggggggggggggggggggggg

My preference just popped up NOW and the office is CLOSED!!!

Does anyone have the 1-800 number for Skyauction???

So do you think this is only beneficial for off season travel? I'm just not seeing anything for summer months or spring breaks. I know that's peak season but the only time we can go. Just wondering if I should even chance it.

I can't imagine anything coming available for peak times. So if I were you, I would forgo this offer but check skyauction on and off for your dates and then just get a one then. That way, you are not out any money if your dates don't come up.

So do you think this is only beneficial for off season travel? I'm just not seeing anything for summer months or spring breaks. I know that's peak season but the only time we can go. Just wondering if I should even chance it.

I look quite often for weeks 51 and 52 (Christmas and New years Week) and have NEVER found anything. ONCE (in 2005) I saw a buy it now ($599) on skyauction for a 3 bedroom at Summer Bay about a month before check in for New Years week, but thats it. I would not purchase this offer if considering high season weeks.

Summer Bay:cloud9: We stayed there last year in a 2 bedroom and it was clean, beautiful and much higher quality than most. We loved it!!!:goodvibes

Was that a choice? I just bought a certificate this morning. I love Summer BAy!@!!

as long as it is not villas at summer bay .....they do not receive the best revriews, the condos at summer bay are the better choice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter