• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Skyauction Buy now on - but act fast!!

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share what I perceive to be a very good www.skyauction.com buy:

Basically it is a getaway week for $179 buy it now price (plus I would assume $20 admin fee).

57 currently available.

Last night they had the same auction up for 50+ getaway weeks and within hours they were all gone.

Current auction number is #1340183 or if you can't look it up this way go to search and type in the word holiday and it will show up (will have to scroll down to locate it).

This looks like a nice deal. But what resorts around Disney participate? I did a search for some summer dates next year and nothing available. I wouldn't want to buy it and then nothing ever come available. Will things be available closer to the date?

Maggie

It says you can only bring as many people as the condo allows. So, if I end up with a studio for 2, I would lose out on the $$.

Has anyone done this and gotten a place for 6 or 4?

I just can't take a huge risk if I can't even use the vacation.

Thanks,

Dawn

I bought 3 this morning. I figure that even if they don't have Orlando 2 bedrooms in Jan., there are always Williamsburg, and the North East at different times of the year.

It says you can only bring as many people as the condo allows. So, if I end up with a studio for 2, I would lose out on the $$.

Has anyone done this and gotten a place for 6 or 4?

I just can't take a huge risk if I can't even use the vacation.

Thanks,

Dawn

You pick the condo from the list given. So, you just don't "buy" a studio.

yes there will be some more.

skyauction is strange. it is best for people who can travel at the last minute. because of the getaways are last minute.

look about a month before you are going and you should find something. look 2 weeks and you might find better resorts.

but no guaranteeds!!!!

right now there is nothing for March, 2008 - but in a couple of months - there MIGHT be.

How do you look to see when availability is?

Sorry, the only SkyAuction deals I have ever gotten were pre-set dates and pre-set condos.

Thanks for all your help.

Dawn

PS: We only like to go during off-season anyway, so it might be easier to find something larger.

yes there will be some more.

skyauction is strange. it is best for people who can travel at the last minute. because of the getaways are last minute.

look about a month before you are going and you should find something. look 2 weeks and you might find better resorts.

but no guaranteeds!!!!

right now there is nothing for March, 2008 - but in a couple of months - there MIGHT be.

If you look at the listing, there is an underlined space "getawayweeks" that take you to a calendar for the date, place and size of the unit. Right now, there are only 1 bedrooms available for my dates. It was a risk, but, as I stated earlier, the fact that they are good thru 2009 gives us apretty good chance of using them.

Thank you. I will look. I purchased 3. My DH is going to flip IF I decide to tell him! :rotfl2: He wanted me to start a separate savings account for Disney, but this is cheaper in the long run to find deals and snag them and have them available!

Dawn

If you look at the listing, there is an underlined space "getawayweeks" that take you to a calendar for the date, place and size of the unit. Right now, there are only 1 bedrooms available for my dates. It was a risk, but, as I stated earlier, the fact that they are good thru 2009 gives us apretty good chance of using them.

Thank you. I will look. I purchased 3. My DH is going to flip IF I decide to tell him! :rotfl2: He wanted me to start a separate savings account for Disney, but this is cheaper in the long run to find deals and snag them and have them available!

Dawn

LOL...Dawn, I like how you think! I figure there isn't a whole lot to lose, when you are flexible with your schedule!

also do not forget to look at the meal and resort stay deals....

they offer certificates for 100$ for restaurants all over the country in addition to the SAME resort certificate that you can use on "getawayweeks"......cost can be as low as 216$ if you win the auction for 1$.....net cost for week if you can find a restaurant near you to use the certificate would be 116$

since getawayweeks is excess inventory from RCI ....there is no way to guarantee there will always be "availability", but you do get to choose

for orlando Cypress Palms by Fairfield seems to show up a lot, it is a decent resort ...we got a 2 bedroom but they do not seem to be showing up for january/february 2008.....stay away from the one bedrooms with Partial Kitchens, even the resort staff say they are "smallish"

the good thing about the certificate is its shelf life ....into 2009

I am confused about the dining certificates-where are they listed?

search using the terms......steak surf pasta or surf

you also might use the terms "room and board"

or better still

7 Night Stay at the Resort of Your Choice in the search bar

We bought 3 yesterday and plan to buy 3 more tomorrow. We have a large family group going in May and were planning to stay at Silverlake anyways so we are going to use 3 of them for 2 bedroom condos near each other. The other 3 are going to be used by my parents (retired and can go anytime they want).

This is our first time using them so I hope it works out OK.

Does anyone know if there will be any unheard of fees? Any help will be great.

We bought 3 yesterday and plan to buy 3 more tomorrow. We have a large family group going in May and were planning to stay at Silverlake anyways so we are going to use 3 of them for 2 bedroom condos near each other. The other 3 are going to be used by my parents (retired and can go anytime they want).

This is our first time using them so I hope it works out OK.

Does anyone know if there will be any unheard of fees? Any help will be great.

hopefully, they will have the inventory you want when you are going, no guarantees

there should not be any other fees, but each resort is different ( have heard some charge "housekeeping fees/resort fees", you best bet would be to call Silver Lake

Silver Lake Resort
Kissimmee, FL
Unit Description Check-In/Check-Out

2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/3/08 - 5/10/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/4/08 - 5/11/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/4/08 - 5/11/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/9/08 - 5/16/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/10/08 - 5/17/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/11/08 - 5/18/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/11/08 - 5/18/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/17/08 - 5/24/08
2 Bedrooms, 6 Guests, Full Kitchen 5/18/08 - 5/25/08

this is what is showing for silver lake right now for 2 bedrooms for MAY....it would be wise to book soon ...from the descriptions above, it seems they might have two types of Two Bedrooms

a call to Silver Lake should clear up what their accomodations descriptions mean

a lot of the resorts listed now only have 1 bedrooms ( probably resorts where lock outs units make up the two bedrooms )

good LUCK

How soon after purchase can you book your week or weeks? Is it better to have a "wait and see" attitude towards weeks in the future? I know it is that way for getravelop, but I wonder if this draws from the same availability pool.

These look great to me!

Thanks for the info! Just purchased 2. We'll see what they offer as choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter