Great Napping Place in MK

When my kids were young they always fell asleep at the Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. We always stopped at one of those attractions when someone got cranky and they worked great. Of course last year my 15 year old daughter still fell asleep at the Hall of Presidents. I guess it's a tradition.

... as you can actually lie down flat there on the floor. I have a tendency to overheat, and I have to lie flat in a cool place when it happens. If I'm on the back side of the park, that's my usual place to lie down for 30 minutes. If I'm up front I'll go to the first aid station. Anyone know a good cool flat space in Tomorrowland? (chuckle)

I'm not above riding several mid-day loops on the monorail to let a child sleep. Also, though I've never done it, I've seen parents sipping a cool one in the lobbies of monorail hotels, with a little one out cold beside them on the couch.

...out of the mention of sleeping in the Hall of Presidents, as it's become a tradition for her, too! (I must admit to dozing off in there too, *SIGH* for a quick snooze...there's just something about it!) I told her that HOP was probably going to be closed when we visit the first week of April (at least that's what I've read -- for refurbishment?) and she was most disappointed. Have to find a new place, lol! ;)

My DH caught a good nap during Carousel of Progress. He's not a Disney fan so he didn't mind missing this one.

I`ve also slept in the American Adventure. Really set me up for the rest of the day at Epcot.

JUNE 97:ASMUSIC
JUNE 98:ASMUSIC
JUNE 99:ASMOVIES
JUNE 00:ASMOVIES
JULY 01:DL/DCA (16 weeks today)

tigger01.gif
SCOT001.GIF

All of these are great places and I have even fallen asleep in HOP and AA myself. But one place that would be a great place to nap is on the monorail. As long as it is not too crowded you could stay on there for a long time and ride it around. It is perfect... air conditioning, not too loud and a nice soft ride. I have fallen asleep many times at night after a long day. This could also work for the buses I guess, if you don't have to wait too long. Happy Napping.
:smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce:

My oldest DD gave up naps at 15 months unless she was in motion. So what did I do? Got on the monorail with her and did the loop many times. I could even speak the words in spanish by the time I was done.

My favorite is Drew Carry "sounds of snoring" go in the highest row possible all the way to the end and then "forget" to put on the headphones. After that it's Doug Live. I liked the show the first time now it is a great place for as nap. I carry those disposable foam earplugs in my bag ....one of the longer naps at WDW.
RussH

Although I love Carousel of Progress, I have to say that on a hot day, it is a great way to catch a short nap...

Has anyone found any great rest and napping spots in the two places...I have a feeling I'm gonna need one in a few weeks;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts