Great Napping Place in MK

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
Hello all,

My family finds it not feasible to leave the MK for an afternoon break since we do not stay at one of the monorail resorts. We do leave the other parks in the afternoon, but never the MK. The reason? it can take 30 minutes from the end of Main Street to get to your car. So we have looked around and have found what is in our opinion the best napping place in MK. In fact, all 3 of my boys have napped here in years past as infants and toddlers. The place? The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Hardly anyone rides this attraction, so when we board, we can just ride it over and over again without exiting. We just smile and wave to the CM as we go by. I usually stay on for an hour or so until the kiddos have had a decent nap time; this also gives my tired feet a much needed break. The ride is peaceful and entertaining - I actually look forward to it!

I've also heard that there is a place on Main Street that shows continuous Disney cartoons. This may be a great place for naps too. We've never tried it since the TTA works so well for us. My kids are lulled to sleep by the motion of it.

Hope this helps someone :) We will be there in May and will do the TTA thing with my 4 year old. Maybe I'll see some other tired Moms with napping children on board :)

I unintentionally found that the Bear Country Jamboree to be my personal nap place. I've dozed off there the past two trips. Just long enough, too, to be a nice power nap. Maybe one of these times I'll actually catch all of the show.

My 2 yo son found the TTA to be his fav ride when we were just there. It does luul one when you're on your 4th or 5th go around.

Christmas 1979
July 1989 offsite
July 1996 Offsite
August 1999 Offsite
March 2000 Offsite (Fairfield Cypress Palms - new owners)
2001 - All Star Sports

I've snoozed in the Hall of Presidents before. You get out of the sun and into the cool airconditioning and zzzzz..... What will I do on my next trip if it's closed??

the my friend and the kids were all very entertained by the butterflys they were trying to touch. but I napped through to the end. the kids were saying how great it was and when i told them I fell a sleep they couldn't beleive it!!

I discovered "Food Rocks" in Epcot was a great place for a nap! I wasn't even intending to nap, but the woman next to me mentioned that she found herself falling asleep in the darker shows. Next thing I knew, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Talk about the power of suggestion!

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">

Donna

I have found the Hall of Presidents an excellent place to take a nice lengthy nap. It's cool and dark and the seats are fairly comfortable- I too am upset that it will be closed on my next trip. Another suggestion if it's still open is Drew Carey's "sounds dangerous" in MGM because it is totally dark and it's all through the headsets.

'82 off property
'83 off property
'91 CBR
'95 CBR
'96 CBR
'98 CBR
'00 CBR
'01 CBR Honeymoon

bmms.gif
ms.gif

On my last trip I found it hard to stay awake on the Universe of Energy ride at Epcot. DD was out like a light pretty much from the moment the ride portion started.

FergieTCat - you must be able to sleep through a tornado!!! I cant imagine how anyone could fall asleep in Food Rocks. It is SO loud!!! You cracked me up.

I have never even gone here but maby someone else would know. How about on Tom Sawyer's Island at MK?

Heidi --

LOL! That's very true -- I can sleep through almost anything. And I swear, I wasn't tired until the lady next to me mentioned it.

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">

Donna

When we were there in 1997, I had a sinus infection and was really dragging. It was pretty warm too. I actually dozed off in Indiana Jones! When something loud would happen on stage, I would jerk awake and then doze off again.

While on out honeymoon, DH and I both fell asleep in the Impressions of France movie. More recently, DS and I fell asleep in "The American Adventure" (in his defense, he was 15 mo. old in my defense - I was 6 mo. pregnant and carrying around DS).

I am planning on trying the TTA when we visit in May! (now I'll have a 3 year old and an 18 mo. old!)

Jen C in MD

'80 - offsite
'96 - CBR
'99 - CS
'01 - ASM

When you are staying onsite--why would you take your car to the MK? The buses drop you off at the main gates--not where you have to take the monorail or the ferry, and it saves soooo much time. We have been back at our room in 10 minutes!

William & Mary
JUNE 1998 offsite
MAY 1999 offsite
MAY 2000 DxL
FEB DVC members
MAY 2001 OKWV/BWV

The Hall of Presidents gets my vote, but now it's closed for reburishing. OH No! Also, the tomorrow land people mover is a great place to take a load off, if only they would let us stay on for several trips. Carousel of Progress is a good one too (only if you've seen the show, of course, it's not one to be missed).

willie.gif

<font color=ff0066>PO/Riverside 5/01
Dixie Landing 11/00, 9/00, 8/00, 1/00, 10/99, 10/98, 6/94
All Star Sport 10/01,5/00, 12/99
All Star Music 7/01, 4/01, 4/00, 5/99, 5/97, 5/96, 4/95
All Star Movie 11/00, 4/99
Caribbean Beach 5/96, 11/90, 5/89
Coronado Spring 5/98
Wilderness Lodge 7/99, 11/95
WDW Hotel Village 10/87
Disneyland 5/86
</font>

My 5 yr old DS fell asleep during the American Adventure show. We also used the Tomorrowland transit as a wonderful rest for MY tired feet.

Disney IS a Life Skill!

The Hall of Presidents. My DH and DD and I went on our first trip to WDW on the 4th of July in 1991 for 3 days! We stopped to do the presidents and movie and missed the WHOLE thing, but we were revved up for the rest of the day.

We've been back many times - in the fall or late winter/early spring and we've never needed to do this again (we now stay on property and stay longer), but the memory of that nap is one we talk about quite often!

Cathie---

"when you wish upon a star..." Wishes do come true! Next trip hopefully November 2001!

After enough rides through it, I have found myself napping in Haunted Mansion. The curved sides of the car is enough to prop up against, oh and when the car tilts back to go down? Goodnight!
TSI_Fan

cliplove.gif

I miss my Christi-bear. :(

When my DH and my sister would go on the ride I would take the "CHICKEN" path and wait for them where they unloaded and fall asleep on the bench waiting for them.

I had a really bad headache at the MK one day and took a very much needed nap in the Legend of the Lion King. My BF votes for the busses that run around between the parks and resorts. as the best place to nap. Every time he gets on one he falls asleep no matter how wide awake he is when we get on.

<font size=3><font color=magenta><marquee>Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font>

Believe it or not, my friends and I have actually fallen asleep on the grass, nearby the monorail (almost under it). We decided to sit in the sun on the grass, very relaxing. other people were also sitting nearby us. if you have a picnic blanket or something that's even better, but the grass was good enough for us :) It's more convenient than going back to the hotel, and once ur done just get up and go! no one really cared that we were there since there were a number of people doing this.

When I went in 1991 with my girlfriend we slept in the American Adventure. We were really tired. We even slept during the pre-show too

sorc.gif
WDWsig.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter