Grapefruit Cake

debknight

On the road to nowhere...
Can you get the grapefriut cake anywhere at MGM besides at the Brown Derby restaurant?

I've heard you can find it often at the Starring Rolls Bakery next door.

You can get it always at Starring Rolls, but you have to ask for it. When you do, someone will actually walk over to Brown Derby and get it. I believe it may cost less, too.

Well, I never!! Never thought to ask this, thanks debknight!! DD and I love the grapefruit cake, but are skipping Br. Derby this trip to go to '50's PT. Now, we know where we can get a snack!!::yes::

I'm curious about the grapefruit cake. Is it tart like fresh grapefruit, or is it fairly sweet? What kind of frosting, if any, do they put on it? Thinking about trying it on my next trip. :D

I has a cream cheese frosting. I think it is tart-but still sweet. I do not need to drink milk after-you know what I mean.

Kae

It's not really tart at all nor too sweet. The icing has little pieces of pink grapefruit in it. The cake itself is light and airy.

Therefore - it has no calories.:p

you can get it at Starring Rolls, but it's not on the menu, you have to know to ask for it:D It is cheaper than the Brown Derby, and according to the CM who served me, the slices are bigger at Starring Rolls as well. The cake is not too sweet, with a cream cheese frosting. The grapefruit taste is very subtle. :D

I have recently read elsewhere on this site that Starring Rolls bakery is currently closed. Anyone else have better information?

Originally posted by BAST
I have recently read elsewhere on this site that Starring Rolls bakery is currently closed. Anyone else have better information?

Yeah, so what is the deal with the Starring Rolls bakery? Open or Closed?

Starring Rolls was closed last Monday when we went by around 2:00.There was no sign or anything but it was definately closed as 2 gates were locking the front of the entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter