Grand Gathering Experiences - Dining

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
On the disney dining plan details it says about the above, if there are 8 or more of you, can join grand gathering parties in select exclusive disney experiences

International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception - Epcot

Safari Celebration Dinner - AK

Good morning character breakfast - MK

Has anyone ever done this please??

I think this is the first question that has not been replied to - much be a very unusual one :lmao::lmao::lmao:

On the disney dining plan details it says about the above, if there are 8 or more of you, can join grand gathering parties in select exclusive disney experiences

International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception - Epcot

Safari Celebration Dinner - AK

Good morning character breakfast - MK

Has anyone ever done this please??

We were a party of 8 this year and I was told that we could not do these exclusive experiences because we did not book through the US site.

We did the International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception at Epcot a couple of years ago and I can highly recommend it. It was a brilliant evening and was held in the old Odyssey restaurant. The food was buffet style and it featured foods from some of the countries around the world showcase and a separate beef station and a kids area. There was entertainment for the kids and some characters made an appearance.

Afterwards we went to an area in front of one of the shops just as you walk into World Showcase that was roped off for the desert buffet. It was hard to get to the deserts but we managed to get a few of them and when Illuminations started the smoke was blowing right at us which spoiled it a bit but overall it was a brilliant evening and I'd do it again if I got the chance.

As for booking, I was able to make a booking via DVC member services but I know that some other people from the UK have had trouble making a booking as they don't have a Disney resort reference number.

We did the safari one and the boat cruise one.

I guess i enjoyed it but the rest of my guests did not and I felt obliged to pay for all 9 of us, which was very pricey.

My guests did not like the food at the safari one but it was cool leaving the park as the only guests in the dark.

Make sure all your guests are into Disney and you should be alright. Mine definately did not share my enthausiasm and therefore did not seem worth the expense!

Susan

Thanks everyone.

It did say you could have these experiences under the free DDP but I booked via UK Disney rather than America so assume will not be able to use?

Thanks everyone.

It did say you could have these experiences under the free DDP but I booked via UK Disney rather than America so assume will not be able to use?

I can't see why you couldn't use your DDP credits for this (we used ours) as it doesn't matter where you bought the DDP. Hope you manage to get something booked :thumbsup2

I can't see why you couldn't use your DDP credits for this (we used ours) as it doesn't matter where you bought the DDP. Hope you manage to get something booked :thumbsup2

Thank you :goodvibes

Will give disney UK a call soon to ask them but fingers crossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter