• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, or the Polynesian?

Which resort would you choose?

• Stay with the Grand Floridian!

• Wilderness Lodge

• Polynesian

• Other/I don't like any of the choices!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of the three, WL is definitely my favorite. We just got back from a short stay there, and it's just so wonderful. Plus the newly refurbed rooms look great!

That said, we found the bus service to Epcot looooooong. So if convenience to both MK and Epcot is a big factor, Poly wins out.

I think I'm going to go with Poly for the exact reason you mentioned, but I do think I'd love to try WL for a longer, slower paced trip.

I have stayed at all 3...most recent was Grand Floridian in April. We just surprised our kids with a trip to Disney (Fri :cool1:). All 3 said, "please tell us we are NOT staying at the Grand Floridian!". We had a suite (more like a room with a sitting area) and it was so outdated---the phone in the bathroom was from my childhood (I am 40)---i am sure the wallpaper & backing up tub were as well. I took a picture and sent it to my mother and she was laughing that the room had been preserved in its 'original' state for me :lmao:

:rotfl: Thank you for reinforcing what I already was thinking. The grounds are gorgeous but the rooms look so dated!

The Poly is delightfully kitschy fun, like the Brady Bunch trip to Hawaii, and the best of the three if you want to see the fireworks from the resort.

:lmao: The same thought about the Brady Bunch went through my head as I was looking at the Poly pictures on the Disney website. I think I kind of like it though!

I have stayed at the GF and WL, I much prefer the GF. I won't ever return to the WL, the rooms were so dark and I really missed having the easy monorail access. We have a trip booked for the Poly for next month, I hope it is as great as everyone seems to say!

I hadn't even thought about differences in room sizes. The Poly is sounding more attractive now. Coming off of a cruise, I'll probably appreciate the extra space.

Thanks for your responses everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter