Grand Floridian - to add or not to add? HELP

disney_lover_UK

Earning My Ears
We are considering adding on at the grand flo..currently own at AKL through resale (will add on direct)

Looking for everyone’s opinions on owning here :)

We added on resale VGF before even using the points from our first VGF resale contract, so ... I am not sure you are asking an unbiased group here.

I am in the same boat. Just closed on a small poly resale and am already itching to buy a small GF direct contract.

Yes, even direct pricing isn't far off the resale from the summer. I think the pricing will hold up, and I love the new room options. If you plan to hold, then VGF is great priority for all those studios.

Downside is chart and cost, and if you aren't into studios. Or, if you want to wait for the shiny new Poly building.

Yeah if you’re asking those of us who just bought we’ll tell you to absolutely go for it lol. Given the cost I wouldn’t even feel too guilty using points at other resorts from time to time but definitely looking forward to staying at VGF more. Certainly uses more points than some other resorts for stays (notably 2042 ones) but that’ll probably be the new Normal of new resorts going forward.

Just stayed at the Grand Floridian, and really evaluating a direct purchase add-on myself. The only prohibitive factor for me is the points cost over other resorts that I like. I would definitely consider room types needed / duration / visits per year to see if the points make sense for your bottom line. Grand Floridian is great and all, my absolute favorite, but just booked at Copper Creek because the points make more sense and I haven't stayed there yet :) So, we'll see! Good Luck!

We have a good enough sized contract at AKL (only the two of us) so would be adding on small to do one week every other year. As Brits who used to plan once every other year at best, it’s crazy what DVC has done for us!

Is there a dedicated pool for DVC at GF?

No, no DVC-only pool, but the main courtyard pool is large and lovely. Not far from either the original VGF or the new resort studios in Big Pine Key.

The choice where to buy is generally answered by one simple question - what DVC resort do you want the 11 month booking priority and enjoy staying at the most

I live in So Cal and am trying to save for DLT but am so tempted to buy a small VGF contract...but I don't really "need" it. I'm trying to be strong.

In addition to the courtyard pool which will be very close to Big Pine Key and VGF2, the feature pool (cabanas, good pool bar, shade, locker rooms, water slide, shallow entry) and splash pad are very close to VGF. Not dedicated, but we usually go there when staying at VGF. It's convenient and has everything we like.
I live in So Cal and am trying to save for DLT but am so tempted to buy a small VGF contract...but I don't really "need" it. I'm trying to be strong.
We did not but VGF 2 because we have plenty of VGF points already, so I'm waiting to see about the DL DVC - either VGC (I fell in love with it last month) or DLT. Have a partner to convince, though.

We have a good enough sized contract at AKL (only the two of us) so would be adding on small to do one week every other year. As Brits who used to plan once every other year at best, it’s crazy what DVC has done for us!

VGF owners have right to use of the pools at VGF…but they belong to the resort side of things are not comment elements of the association

Pulling into VGF as a dvc owner is one the best feelings ever, hands down. If you are in the market, the only way I wouldn't buy at VGF is if you were really into the new Poly tower or were considering the new DL tower.

Good for you! Welcome Home! Added on to the GFV in March and could not be happier. I am the only Disney lover in the my whole family and do not care that I may be looking at solo trips in the future. DVC and the Grand in particular make me so happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter