Grand Floridian - to add or not to add? HELP

As a BWV girl I can't stomach the point charts. Lovely resort and I did spend a couple of nights there a few years back on a resort only stay. The walking path to MK is a huge plus,

Thought abut pulling the trigger, but we decided to wait to see how the new Poly shakes out due to also not being a fan of the new VGF studios lack of in room amenities.

Plus I have to save up hundreds of thousands of dollars to rebuy enough points for an 8 night two bedroom stay for Wine & Dine race week at the Boardwalk in 2042. The point chart changes will probably make me cry.

I am sure you will love whatever you decide and the resale should hold really well if you do not like in a few years.

People continue to refer to it as VGF2, I think, because the studios have different sleeping spaces and lack the kitchenette of the deluxe studios. Also, probably, because that's how it was designated here on the boards before it became known that it wouldn't be a separate association like Copper Creek.

Perhaps the 1 & 2 distinctions may vanish over time as more people buy VGF points and become accustomed to booking either building.

Last edited:
People continue to refer to it as VGF2, I think, because the studios have different sleeping spaces and lack the kitchenette of the deluxe studios. Also, probably, because that's how it was designated here on the boards before it became known that it wouldn't be a separate association like Copper Creek.

Perhaps the 1 & 2 distinctions may vanish over time as more people buy VGF points and become accustomed to booking either building.

It was known from the start it would be all one association.

But much of the discussion did revolve around the rooms at BPK and pricing that VGf2 just stuck!

Hrm. So I added on at VGF whilst in WDW and then rescinded within the ten days. Happy with the decision. I don't 'need' more points, I just 'wanted' them. However being there for 16 days made me realise that I really really don't need any more time in WDW per year. I need less!! I have enough for 4-5 days at VGF already mixed with enough for 10 days at RVA. That's enough, time to stop. My husband also much prefers RVA to VGF, so there's also that.

I've visited DLR more frequently than WDW during covid. Having returned to WDW after several years off, and then using my VGC points on the way home, I've come to the view that DLR is infinitely more magical and consumer friendly than the conveyor belt WDW. We are back in WDW in Nov for a shorter period of time. Addonitis cured - at least temporarily.

I've loved the Grand Floridian since my first stay in 1994 and I think this pricing is an absolute bargain. Definite "yea" from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter