Grand Californian Super Thread

Recently returned from our trip and it was absolute heaven. Thank you everyone for all your help and tips. Our request for a high floor theme park view was granted (5514, with a view to the east of TOT and Grizzly Peak), and staying in a 1BR has now completely spoiled me!

Is there a map/floor plan of the hotel which shows locations of the various view categories?

Recently returned from our trip and it was absolute heaven. Thank you everyone for all your help and tips. Our request for a high floor theme park view was granted (5514, with a view to the east of TOT and Grizzly Peak), and staying in a 1BR has now completely spoiled me!

Glad to hear you had a great time! Can you please provide pics of the room and view ? Thanks :goodvibes

Glad to hear you had a great time! Can you please provide pics of the room and view ? Thanks :goodvibes

I took a gazillion. Here are a couple of the view. Let me know what else you'd like to see!

47a2dc26b3127cce9854869a919b00000035108BbOGjZoxaw

ry%3D400

Just made reservations for Feb 21-24 for a resort/pool view room at GCH! :cool1:

Anything I should request floor-wise or location-wise when I check in? (Or should I call and request it now?)

Super excited! I've always stayed offsite.

Where are the STD view rooms located? Are they all on the east side of the hotel looking onto Disneyland Dr? Or are there others as well?

Super excited! I've always stayed offsite.
Prepare to be spoiled. The hotel is truly stunning and that's not even the best part. The proximity to the parks is what keeps me coming back. Being able to step out the door of my hotel room and be in the park in less than 5 minutes? Worth every nickel. The only better experience I can imagine would be the Dream Suite.

IIRC, standard view rooms overlook the parking lot/ entrance of the hotel and some have courtyard views.
Courtyard view is an upgraded name for what was previously called a Standard view.
The Standard view at the front of the hotel should be called Sunset view :idea:

We stayed in room 5248 last week. And had a great view of the park. We were able to see WOC from our balcony, but we were not able to see the projections because the angle was not right. I also went to the viewing area on the 6th floor and had the same problem with WOC. I cant recommend watching it from there.
When we were there the both parks listed their opening at 10am. However we could enter through the hotel entrance at 915am. LM was the only open ride then soaring would open at 930. The soaring fastpass was on when we came got there at 935am.
GRR was closed due while we were there.

Concierge Lounge
Craftsman Club
Info and Pics Part 1

42d3c293.jpg

The description of the concierge lounge from the Disneyland Resot website is as follows:
The Concierge-level rooms include the elegance of standard rooms and suites but with extra attention and service from our Concierge Staff to make your stay even more luxurious. Guests who stay in the concierge-level rooms are entitled to these additional room amenities:

Priority check-in
Staff available prior to and during your visit for reservations and vacation planning
An exclusive lounge featuring:
Continental breakfast
Breakfast bar
Sodas and fresh fruit
Evening wine and cheese reception
DVD players and complimentary movies

Story telling is also available in the evening for children/child at heart. Also board games are available to play

Below is a compilation of pictures showing the lounge on the inside and the balcony outside.

a68aa9a4.jpg

82ae281d.jpg

098ad201.jpg

e30e116e.jpg

5d5cb07a.jpg

89b285d8.jpg

300f1258.jpg

b2eb831e.jpg

2986d361.jpg

f93b2005.jpg

2f448eec.jpg

ddea2272.jpg

f1aa5e45.jpg

39b9b00e.jpg

4a0848cc.jpg

02042d9a.jpg

a3fba66b.jpg

d00e4dec.jpg

75abe046.jpg

0f2303f6.jpg

7f68d688.jpg

e77b142b.jpg

1412279b.jpg

e5126253.jpg

Hi all,

Just got back from a stay at the GCH a week ago. We booked a standard room but were upgraded to a courtyard view, room #4424. The room was in a corner of a wing, right next to a staircase, so it was very quiet. It had 2 queen beds, and the balcony overlooked the monorail line. We had a view of condor flats, the tower of terror and the grizzly river run bear head. It was a great room as is was quiet and it was close to the "secret" staircase leading down to downtown Disney and close to the hotel entrance to DCA. It was a bit away from the lobby, but as it was just 2 adults, that was fine as the quiet more than made up for the walk.

Here are some pictures from the room...

http://flic.kr/p/bk1A87

http://flic.kr/p/bk1A45

I would request this room again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps with people's planning and please feel free to browse the rest of my photos!

Aby

Hi all,

Just got back from a stay at the GCH a week ago. We booked a standard room but were upgraded to a courtyard view, room #4424. The room was in a corner of a wing, right next to a staircase, so it was very quiet. It had 2 queen beds, and the balcony overlooked the monorail line. We had a view of condor flats, the tower of terror and the grizzly river run bear head. It was a great room as is was quiet and it was close to the "secret" staircase leading down to downtown Disney and close to the hotel entrance to DCA. It was a bit away from the lobby, but as it was just 2 adults, that was fine as the quiet more than made up for the walk.

Here are some pictures from the room...

http://flic.kr/p/bk1A87

http://flic.kr/p/bk1A45

I would request this room again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps with people's planning and please feel free to browse the rest of my photos!

Aby

I love that view! Would you mind if I added the pics to the room view section of the super thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter