Grand Californian Super Thread

Hello
I’m about to make room request but realize I’m not sure what bed options there are in the remodeled hotel. I tried searching this but couldn’t find succinct explanation. I’d appreciate suggestions that will work best for me (mom) and my two very tall (6 feet and 6’2”) teenaged sons.
Thanks!
From Disney’s website for most regular hotel rooms:

1 King Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
2 Queen Beds
2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
2 Queen Beds and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair

My room earlier this month was a king room with the day bed so it likely also had a sleeper chair but I never checked if it opened.

I just realized White Water Snacks is still not open! Can we get a large box of milk at Hearthstone Lounge?

...I’d appreciate suggestions that will work best for me (mom) and my two very tall (6 feet and 6’2”) teenaged sons...
1 King Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
2 Queen Beds
2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
2 Queen Beds and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
Request “King Bed with Day Bed” (there will also be a sleeper chair)
This puts you in a very comfortable King Bed and sons on separate beds, also the room has more opens space when beds are closed.
Photos from earlier in this thread

Does anyone know the impact of the Whitewater construction on the cabanas?? I booked one for our Feb trip and now I wonder if it could be a waste if view or access is obstructed?

Does anyone know the impact of the Whitewater construction on the cabanas?? I booked one for our Feb trip and now I wonder if it could be a waste if view or access is obstructed?
The pool bar construction on Sunday December 2:
gch_pool.jpg
The removal of concrete and planters is done and pipes have been placed underground, so work with noisy jackhammers is likely over.

Cabanas 4, 5, 6 face the construction walls, located behind the trees on the lower right of the photo.
Cabanas 1, 2, 3 face the Mariposa pool and are farther from the construction.

The pool bar construction on Sunday December 2:

The removal of concrete and planters is done and pipes have been placed underground, so work with noisy jackhammers is likely over.

Cabanas 4, 5, 6 face the construction walls, located behind the trees on the lower right of the photo.
Cabanas 1, 2, 3 face the Mariposa pool and are farther from the construction.

Thank you!

Tree in the lobby was taken down last night overnight. Sadness... The gingerbread house is still up but I think it goes down tonight. More sadness...

Any update on Whitewater Snacks? When will it reopen? Will they bring back the individual pizza with a salad for under $10? That would be great if they did. Disney, why take things away that work so well for families?

Any update on Whitewater Snacks? When will it reopen? Will they bring back the individual pizza with a salad for under $10? That would be great if they did. Disney, why take things away that work so well for families?

On the DL website, it shows WW Snacks in refurb until Jan 18. Let's hope that's true because we arrive the 27th and it's been pushed back before.

It is definitely closed right now as we are here. Today they did move some of the construction barriers, so I think that is progress maybe...

We are going in March and have requested a courtyard/monorail view. Any suggestions for the best room requests?

Thanks so much!

Hi, first time in this thread. Just booked November 2019 standard room. I am overwhelmed by this tread, can someone give me highlights? I haven't been to gch in a decade, coming from the east coast early november before veterans day. What do I need to know? also, i was wondering if the bathroom showers were walk-in showers with the new renovations. I didn't want a tub. Do I request that? How far back in this thread should I go to catch up?

Hi, first time in this thread. Just booked November 2019 standard room. I am overwhelmed by this tread, can someone give me highlights? I haven't been to gch in a decade, coming from the east coast early november before veterans day. What do I need to know? also, i was wondering if the bathroom showers were walk-in showers with the new renovations. I didn't want a tub. Do I request that? How far back in this thread should I go to catch up?
Shower/Tubs are a mix. The room I was in back in December only had a shower and my friends room had a shower/tub. Both rooms were King bed rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter