Grand Californian- Is room service back?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
For some reason I can't find the GCH superthread, I must be looking right through it.

Anyway... I might book a courtyard view for our trip, and I want to find out if they room service again. If so, does anyone know how long it takes for the food to arrive? I wanted to do club level but it's an extra $600 for our nights. I thought room service might be a nice way to have breakfast at the hotel before we go to the park.

I would be shocked if it wasn't since DLH was available when we were there NYE. But maybe different kitchens are at different phases of normalizing after being closed down?

There was a room service menu in our room when we stayed there just a couple of weeks ago. We didn’t order anything though so can’t comment on how long it takes to get it. However, at over $20 for just a breakfast burrito, I wasn’t going to order anything anyways. :)

Yes, there was a room service menu in our room in April 2023. We were going to order one evening but were told it would be an hour or so wait, so we just walked down to Craftsman Grill. Not sure if that's the norm or even good time wise, but we were too hungry!

Thank you! It's good to know it's back, but seems like I should have a back up plan in case there's a long wait, especially if we want to rope drop.

I remembered that I actually had a copy of the in room dining menu that I accidentally took with some of our other papers! The pictures aren't great quality (apparently I need a new phone 😂), but hopefully you can read it!

And in case you were curious, the pizza we were going to wait an hour for only took slightly over 15 minutes to come out once ordered at Craftsman Grill (quick service), and it was much cheaper. I know that doesn't help as much for morning since they don't open til 6:45am, but just wanted to give that point of reference.

Attachments

• IMG20230605180835.jpg
    IMG20230605180835.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG20230605180558.jpg
    IMG20230605180558.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG20230605180550.jpg
    IMG20230605180550.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG20230605180542.jpg
    IMG20230605180542.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 34
I remembered that I actually had a copy of the in room dining menu that I accidentally took with some of our other papers! The pictures aren't great quality (apparently I need a new phone 😂), but hopefully you can read it!

And in case you were curious, the pizza we were going to wait an hour for only took slightly over 15 minutes to come out once ordered at Craftsman Grill (quick service), and it was much cheaper. I know that doesn't help as much for morning since they don't open til 6:45am, but just wanted to give that point of reference.
Thank you! How did you like the pizza? I bet my kids would like to try it.

Thank you! How did you like the pizza? I bet my kids would like to try it.
We liked it! Honestly we tried 3 different ones last trip (different nights). Our favorite was the margherita. The forrest mushroom used to be our favorite, but they changed the impossible sausage to be large meatball chunks instead of normal chunked sausage. Not sure if that was just an off night. The pepperoni was good, but it was slightly too greasy. They will just make a regular cheese if you ask too. As you can tell we like their pizzas! They are a fairly good value. One feeds 2-3 people.

We liked it! Honestly we tried 3 different ones last trip (different nights). Our favorite was the margherita. The forrest mushroom used to be our favorite, but they changed the impossible sausage to be large meatball chunks instead of normal chunked sausage. Not sure if that was just an off night. The pepperoni was good, but it was slightly too greasy. They will just make a regular cheese if you ask too. As you can tell we like their pizzas! They are a fairly good value. One feeds 2-3 people.
I'll try those, for sure! They all sound great.

We've ordered late breakfast recently, so I can't tell you about timing for rope drop. I want to say it arrived in under 30 minutes and was delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter