Grand Californian Entrance to CA

lisatradingspaces

Mouseketeer
I thought for sure that I read on here that anyone could use the entrace to California Adventure from the Grand Californian?

I tried it today. We went to Whitewater snacks and then tried to go into CA via the entrance and we were asked for our room key and then told we couldn't go in that way without one. I was so embarrassed! :rotfl:

Hmmmm..... :confused3

Lisa

I think the first hour of the day is for GC guests (and maybe guests at the other DL hotels), but after that, so long as you've been through the main DCA gates, you should be fine. I've gone over to Whitewater for lunch many times (I love the chicken nachos) and used that entrance back into DCA w/o a problem.

I think they restrict the entrance to hotel guests up until noon, after that anyone can go through.

They asked me for mine last week and I asked why, they said the entrance was only for hotel guests from 9:30 to 12:30.

Ok, thanks all, it's good to have that cleared up! I was there just before 11am so it makes sense now.

We're staying at the Grand Californian in March so I can legally use the entrance in the morning then! hee hee :sunny: :banana:

Thanks,

Lisa

Has this changed? We were there in September and never was asked for key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter