Grand Cal Contract @ $324 a point gone in 2 days !

Yankee626

Mouseketeer
OK ! Which one of you fellow crazy DVC owners just payed a ridiculous $324 a point for a VGC 160 point contract ! Its Ok you can fess up ! LOL

Why is that ridiculous? It only took two days, indicating that VGC is still underpriced and the sales agents for the sellers are still behind the curve. The 100-or-less contracts have been selling within a few hours at that price.

Its ridiculous to pay that much; not sell it for that much. Its twice the amount of any other contract out there and $100 more than a direct DHV contract. ( Actually about $140 more with incentives) . I've never been there but I'm sure the toilets are made out of gold and flush champaign .

How often does DVCStore.com update its "current list of Disney Vacation Club resale prices per point" which you can use "as a resource when you are shopping around for DVC resales"? It still has VGC listed as "$235 to $245 per point" for "average size contracts" which has not changed for weeks, and is woefully out of date at this point.
https://www.dvcstore.com/prices.htm

Last edited:

How often does DVCStore.com update its "current list of Disney Vacation Club resale prices per point" which you can
use "as a resource when you are shopping around for DVC resales"? It still has VGC listed as "$235 to $245 per point" for "average size contracts" which has not changed for weeks, and is woefully out of date at this point.
https://www.dvcstore.com/prices.htm

It is possible that they have not sold any ones recently that raise their average price. Each broker is only going to report data from their own sales so I would guess this could be why.

Its ridiculous to pay that much; not sell it for that much. Its twice the amount of any other contract out there and $100 more than a direct DHV contract. ( Actually about $140 more with incentives) . I've never been there but I'm sure the toilets are made out of gold and flush champaign .

Spend a night at VGC and you will see why. The location makes it feel like California Adventure is your backyard. We’d start the day early, go back to the room for lunch and a nap, perhaps swim a little, then go back in the evening when it’s cooler. The experience simply can’t be beat.

We were there this past weekend. From our room door to CA Adventure back entrance took 3 minutes by cutting through the pool. VDH is maybe a good 10 minutes additional walk to Disneyland, and 15 minutes to CA Adventure. That, and the transient tax. We asked our DVC guide if VDH makes sense if we own at VGC already. She laughed and said no… I can’t sell this to you lol.

Spend a night at VGC and you will see why. The location makes it feel like California Adventure is your backyard. We’d start the day early, go back to the room for lunch and a nap, perhaps swim a little, then go back in the evening when it’s cooler. The experience simply can’t be beat.

We were there this past weekend. From our room door to CA Adventure back entrance took 3 minutes by cutting through the pool. VDH is maybe a good 10 minutes additional walk to Disneyland, and 15 minutes to CA Adventure. That, and the transient tax. We asked our DVC guide if VDH makes sense if we own at VGC already. She laughed and said no… I can’t sell this to you lol.
You cant do that from the hotels across the street for a fraction of the cost ? I became a member to save money on my multiple trips a year not to spend top dollar. But I guess California is its own strange animal.

You cant do that from the hotels across the street for a fraction of the cost ? I became a member to save money on my multiple trips a year not to spend top dollar. But I guess California is its own strange animal.

I’ve stayed at the Tropicana before (buying at vgc) which is the closest. Those aren’t 3 minute walk to the park. Their distance to the park is comparable to vdh, maybe even shorter. That’s why I am not buying there. To me vdh makes little sense compared to hotels across the street.

Attachments

• 11672CAE-4D1B-47BE-886B-BC92BD54053A.jpeg
    11672CAE-4D1B-47BE-886B-BC92BD54053A.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 15
For those (like my family) where VGC is by far our top choice, we save a lot of money by being DVC owners as opposed to paying the rack rate at Grand Californian.

And even at $350 per point, if you plan to go every year, you will save a lot of money over paying cash year after year.

My all time favorite place to ever stay with DVC points is Grand Californian. Yes, design-wise, it is similar to Wilderness Lodge (which I also love) but being able to walk out your door right into California Adventure, and then back in the same way - when you are tired - is MAGIC. I have over 1000 DVC points spread across Poly, BLT, and AKV, but the one place I really REALLY regret never buying was at Grand Californian. If I could go back in time, ANY time, I would buy there. Heck, I would buy NOW, but I'm just scared by those high high prices.

Last December we bought one of the famous candy canes at DCA. We went back to the Paradise Pier area. My kids wanted to ride the swings (walk on, just waiting for the next cycle). My husband said, I’ll run these to the room and used the entrance near corn dog castle. He left as they went up the steps. He was back as they were coming down. We were on the first floor, so had an elevator been involved… it would have taken ever so slightly longer.

Now I wouldn't pay current VGC prices either…. But it in no way compares to the nice Motel 6 style motels across the street. I stayed at Tropicana in March. It was fine. But no way can I pop something back to the room in one swing cycle!

And it's going to get SO MUCH better once they get their renovations complete next year! I'll be honest, the rooms are a tad... dated. Kinda dark, lots of brown/beige color scheme.

It's still probably the best DVC in the system. Can't wait til they renovate!

I was just looking up DL hotels walking distance to Disneyland and there were some nice hotels with reasonable costs compared to the $732 a night at the VGC. The Hilton , Marriot, Holiday in all under $200 a night. Thats not a motel 6. The difference in the DW hotels are that they are all off property at those rates and a considerable travel time to the Parks. The VGF , BLT , BWV BCV all are walking distance to a Park . POLY , RIV , WL are all short boat rides or Sky Liner trips. So My argument would be that they are a much greater value than the VGC or VDH and in my opinion better Resorts. A 200 point resale contract @ VGC would be about 65K as opposed to 33K for The VGF or the CCV . Thats a lot of cash . Just saying. Plus DL isn't even comparable to DW.

Okay. But up thread you talked about the hotels “across the street.” Yes. Those are motel 6. Outside corridors. Unhoused residents on the sidewalks. Pool in the middle. They are the whole reason Walt built WDW- he didnt like the outside world that close. Now I stayed there and would again. I dont mean to knock them but they are what they are. Yes there are nicer options but those are getting further away.

I’ve stayed at BWV and BLT. They are great locations. But again- can you get to your room from and back from attractions in under 10 minutes? The new entrance that is literally steps from the DVC wing is a major game changer. Id also say its half the BLT/MK walk to Disneyland.

WDW vs DL is a subjective thing. Loads of people prefer DL because it has more attractions in a single park, smaller and easier to navigate, park hopping is a breeze, some Walt charm. But, It’s also always crowded and the narrow walkways make that feel even worse.

How can you say with such conviction the WDW properties are better when you have never been to VGC? It’s for sure better than BWV IMO! We only will stay there again when we need the location. Tried it twice. Meh. Looooooong hallways, outdated everything, crowded pool, quick service is outside. VGC quick service has an amazing poke bowl, avacado toast, baked nachos, lobster quesadilla, breakfast burrito, and Waygu Gouda burger that are all incredible. It’s quiet and peaceful. I’d eat there every day!

I was just looking up DL hotels walking distance to Disneyland and there were some nice hotels with reasonable costs compared to the $732 a night at the VGC. The Hilton , Marriot, Holiday in all under $200 a night. Thats not a motel 6. The difference in the DW hotels are that they are all off property at those rates and a considerable travel time to the Parks. The VGF , BLT , BWV BCV all are walking distance to a Park . POLY , RIV , WL are all short boat rides or Sky Liner trips. So My argument would be that they are a much greater value than the VGC or VDH and in my opinion better Resorts. A 200 point resale contract @ VGC would be about 65K as opposed to 33K for The VGF or the CCV . Thats a lot of cash . Just saying. Plus DL isn't even comparable to DW.
Yeah, DL is better. It’s just easier all around.

Yeah, DL is better. It’s just easier all around.
Always a big debate in my family that we have never agreed on. My wife likes DLR better because of the compactness and ease of getting around. I weigh that against the bigger choice of parks, rides and restaurants in WDW and cannot really definitely say which is better. Bottom line is we love both. We always stay at VGC and I never feel more like I’m in a “Disney bubble” than when we have a balcony overlooking DCA and open the doors to let all the park sounds in.

Always a big debate in my family that we have never agreed on. My wife likes DLR better because of the compactness and ease of getting around. I weigh that against the bigger choice of parks, rides and restaurants in WDW and cannot really definitely say which is better. Bottom line is we love both. We always stay at VGC and I never feel more like I’m in a “Disney bubble” than when we have a balcony overlooking DCA and open the doors to let all the park sounds in.
True! We do love both ❤️ you are right that there’s nothing like VGC though! I’ve heard tge Miracosta hotel at Tokyo Disney is similar, we would love to try that in the next couple of years!

Disneyland is a 10 min walk from DLR. CA is the same or a min or two less, it’s definitely not 15 mins (just saying). We stay at DLR and do the walk to both. Have done it many, many times. Fastest way to get to CA is leave through back of DLH by frontier tower, walk down Paradise Dr, Cross Disneyland Drive, and enter GCV through the gate or use the Pixar Pier gate.

$324 is way more than we’d ever pay. I’m thinking the demand is slowing just a tad as it was up there 2-3 days, rather than mins or hours as they have been lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!