Gosh It's Warm

I, too, am still waiting for summer. I generally don't complain in the winter because I enjoy sitting all snuggled under a blanket watching the snow fall with a nice cup of hot chocolate, I enjoy the fall when it's cool and you can still be outside, I don't mind spring unless it's exceptionally wet but I really LOVE the summer because I spend the majority of it outside. Right now it is only 73 in my house (our indoor thermostat is set to F so we can better regulate the temp) and we DON'T have air conditioning. The fact is, we have the heat on!!! In the middle of what is supposed to be summer. What's up with that?

I went to the BC coast for 2 weeks in June and there was ONE day where I was able to wear shorts. Every other day was rainy and gross. It wasn't much better at home according to DH who had to stay home to work. When I got home there were 2 fairly warm days that I could wear shorts, and 1 hot day where I wore shorts and took the kids to the spray park. Every other day has been rainy and cold. I actually have a comforter and an extra blanket on my bed...in the SUMMER!!! I am so sick of this terrible weather, it's the wettest, grossest summer I can remember. Thankfully it is looking like we might get some sun sometime this coming week and even more thankfully, I will be in FL at WDW in 23 days!!! I am looking forward to the sun and the heat!

Last week we got 100+ mm of rain in a 24 hour period, this week we had lightening storms galore and a tornado watch, hopefully next week we will have sun.

23 days until our first family vacation to WDW :banana:

Rain?? What's rain? Oh wait, is that the wet stuff that falls from the sky.....i have to make my own rain via a sprinkler and pay for it:P We have not had 'rain' for...i have no idea how long. They keep predicting it, and they are wrong...time and time again. I wish we could get rain, days and days of rain:thumbsup2

I never complain in the winter. If I'm cold, it's because I did not dress properly or because I am not moving fast enough. Whereas on days like this, humidex 46/116, there is NOTHING I can do to alleviate the heat. Even if society would let me walk around naked, it wouldn't be enough...

Meanwhile, I don't understand how people can claim to "love" summer...and yet have air conditioning in their houses.
Like yourself, you'll never hear me complain about the cold. THIS IS CANADA EH!
I take that as my excuse however to complain all I want about the heat. :lmao:

I, too, am still waiting for summer. I generally don't complain in the winter because I enjoy sitting all snuggled under a blanket watching the snow fall with a nice cup of hot chocolate, I enjoy the fall when it's cool and you can still be outside, I don't mind spring unless it's exceptionally wet but I really LOVE the summer because I spend the majority of it outside. Right now it is only 73 in my house (our indoor thermostat is set to F so we can better regulate the temp) and we DON'T have air conditioning. The fact is, we have the heat on!!! In the middle of what is supposed to be summer. What's up with that?

I went to the BC coast for 2 weeks in June and there was ONE day where I was able to wear shorts. Every other day was rainy and gross. It wasn't much better at home according to DH who had to stay home to work. When I got home there were 2 fairly warm days that I could wear shorts, and 1 hot day where I wore shorts and took the kids to the spray park. Every other day has been rainy and cold. I actually have a comforter and an extra blanket on my bed...in the SUMMER!!! I am so sick of this terrible weather, it's the wettest, grossest summer I can remember. Thankfully it is looking like we might get some sun sometime this coming week and even more thankfully, I will be in FL at WDW in 23 days!!! I am looking forward to the sun and the heat!

Last week we got 100+ mm of rain in a 24 hour period, this week we had lightening storms galore and a tornado watch, hopefully next week we will have sun.

23 days until our first family vacation to WDW :banana:

Was on holiday in BC for the last 3 weeks and all were saying that this is the worst summer, no luck for us this being our first time to Canada, but we had a great time. The weather was about the same as we are used to apart from the really HOT days that reached 38C. I wore shorts and t-shirt ever single day, apart from when we went on the Athabasca Glacier I put my fleece on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter