Goodbye, Maxpass. Hello, Disney Genie.

The official ride lists are out at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/

If you scroll down to the FAQs at the bottom of the page, here are the Genie+ and Lightning Lane rides:

What attractions will offer a Lightning Lane entrance through Disney Genie+ service?
Answer

At launch, Disney Genie+ service will offer the Lightning Lane entrance at the following attractions* (Guests may make one selection at a time throughout the day):
Disneyland Park
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • “it's a small world”
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disney California Adventure Park
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the day of visit or at the time that you are making a selection. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

What attractions will offer an individual purchase of the Lightning Lane entrance?
Answer

At launch, this “a la carte” option will be offered at the following attractions* (Guests may make selections for up to 2 different attractions each day):
Disneyland Park
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time of purchase. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

The official ride lists are out at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/

If you scroll down to the FAQs at the bottom of the page, here are the Genie+ and Lightning Lane rides:

What attractions will offer a Lightning Lane entrance through Disney Genie+ service?
Answer

At launch, Disney Genie+ service will offer the Lightning Lane entrance at the following attractions* (Guests may make one selection at a time throughout the day):
Disneyland Park
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • “it's a small world”
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the day of visit or at the time that you are making a selection. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

What attractions will offer an individual purchase of the Lightning Lane entrance?
Answer

At launch, this “a la carte” option will be offered at the following attractions* (Guests may make selections for up to 2 different attractions each day):
Disneyland Park
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time of purchase. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.
I'm actually surprised that there's only one LL for DL. That pretty much keeps it the same as pre-COVID, which is a huge win in my book.

I think the fact they haven't put in the fine print anywhere that re-rides wouldn't be allowed for the regular Genie+ rides is a good sign. They've stated it for the upcharge rides clearly, as often as it's been announced. Sooooo fingers crossed. There was a media event today a lot of bloggers were invited too for the WDW and I didn't see anything about re-rides being not allowed in any coverage. You'd think it'd get mentioned by now?

Happy to see Space Mountain wasn't on the upcharge list! Now if we could find out when they're rolling this out... I'm thinking it won't be long after WDW's launch. I'm going to guess the following week or two after the Oct 19th launch.

Disneyland Park

Am I over-analyzing this or does this mean TWO attractions per day out of those three, in total? It doesn't specify 'per day per park'.

Disneyland Park

Am I over-analyzing this or does this mean TWO attractions per day out of those three, in total? It doesn't specify 'per day per park'.
Yes. It’s up to 2 per day and they have to be different attraction and they don’t have to be in the same park.

I'm actually surprised that there's only one LL for DL. That pretty much keeps it the same as pre-COVID, which is a huge win in my book.

Everything that was FP before is a Lightening Lane for Genie+. I think you mean only one ala cart

I think you underestimate the tourists.

And my own personal suspicion is that Disney intends to monetize more of the ride capacity in a way we haven't seen yet. That's how it will contribute to greater profits.

Highly doubt it can happen. Disneyland Paris high price ala cart was a failure. They reduced pricing already there and in turn reduced the price they rolled out with WDW and DLR. Why? People were not buying it in Paris.

So… it’s November. LL signage is up. I’d have thought we’d at least have a date by now. At this point, I’d assume Genie+ won’t launch at least until after Big Thunder, Indy, and Small World Holiday are all up and running after the 11th.

Are there any updated rumors going around? Any word from CMs?

So… it’s November. LL signage is up. I’d have thought we’d at least have a date by now. At this point, I’d assume Genie+ won’t launch at least until after Big Thunder, Indy, and Small World Holiday are all up and running after the 11th.

Are there any updated rumors going around? Any word from CMs?

The CMs don't know anything more than we do.

Also VERY happy to see this!

SM isn't a ride I do (motion sickness) but I was surprised SM wasn't on the LL+ list, too. I'd expected there to be 2 rides in each park. I was expecting either SM or Indy. It may be that they're holding off on the 2nd ride in DL until MMRR opens in 2022-23. I rode it at DHS and TBH it just wasn't all that 'memorable'. Cute, but not a 'can't miss' in future visits, nor a ride that I'd pay extra for.

Sure seems like it. I'm gonna predict Nov 10. They will announce it this week.

I'd agree with you. IIRC it was about a week between RotR going standby and G+ taking effect at WDW.

Gonna be a craaazzyy holiday season!

We will be there the 14th-17th. If it’s up and running I’m definitely going to give it a try!

I’m still waiting for a refund on my pre-purchases MP…. It’s been quite a while since I sent the request….

I'd agree with you. IIRC it was about a week between RotR going standby and G+ taking effect at WDW.
ROTR went to standby on Sept 23rd, Genie starting date of October 19th was announced on October 8th. So it was close to a month between ROTR standby and Genie et al starting up.
My guess is Genie commencing for Thanksgiving weekend or maybe 1st week of December. They need to give the standby line time to build up, if it actually does, so they can sell ILL$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter