GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI HO
HI HO
it's off to work I go

Man I can't wait until the boss is back. I miss hanging out with friends. :)
I'll check in tonight when I get home. Have fun all and see you this evening :wave2:

herodrx1 said:
Pretty standard. A lot of standing around trying to make conversation with people you only see once a year. My DH & I work with the public so we are pretty good and the mingle thing but he has some cousins that only give back one word answers!! It makes for a LOOOOOONG day.
I didn't get to get back on last night b/c his brother & SIL came back to our house for the night. We sat around and listend to them read their latest screenplay out loud. WooHoo big fun here :sad2: !! I kept trying to sneak into the computer but the kiddos were glued to AdventureQuest or something.

Your in-laws write screenplays? I had no idea so many people did that!

Was it any good? Have they ever had anyone take an interest in anything they wrote?

that's pretty cool.

AMaloy314 said:
Hey, I just remembered herodrx1. Isn't someone in your family a big Michigan fan? I wonder how he took yesterdays game.

I do. My brother & nephew are HUGE fans. I have a BIL that LOVES OSU. I was hoping that cell phones (that ring the fight song) were ringing off the hook. I'm sure each side was biting their nails a time or two.

Down here it's OU & Texas that get things interesting.

Bye, Maddi! Have fun at work.

Maybe everyone will just stand around and talk about the game today. :thumbsup2

herodrx1 said:
I do. My brother & nephew are HUGE fans. I have a BIL that LOVES OSU. I was hoping that cell phones (that ring the fight song) were ringing off the hook. I'm sure each side was biting their nails a time or two.

Down here it's OU & Texas that get things interesting.

:rotfl2: I wouldn't let DH call his MI contacts to gloat, and I know none of them were calling him with congratulations. :rotfl2:

This sure makes it easier to understand why the Mayans played that ball game where the losers got killed. I'll bet they had a HUGE following!

AMaloy314 said:
Your in-laws write screenplays? I had no idea so many people did that!

Was it any good? Have they ever had anyone take an interest in anything they wrote?

that's pretty cool.

Well, its my DH & his (twin) brother. Mainly my DH but of course with twins everything is shared. He is pretty good at it. This is his second completed story. It is better than his first. It flows more smoothly. Of course I like it better b/c its a romance. :love: Although it makes me see that my DH does now what romance is but chooses not to apply it toward me! :rotfl:

Hey AMaloy, you didn't tell us if "The Queen" was any good.

We watched "Love Actually" after "the reading" last night. I should have put that down as my favorite movie. I cry all the way through it. Happy tears, sad tears, & funny tears. Its great!!

herodrx1 said:
Although it makes me see that my DH does now what romance is but chooses not to apply it toward me! :rotfl:

I have to tell you this story....Remember that beer commercial with "Evan", the perfect sensitive guy that all the regular guys hate? Well, DH got me the best Valentine's Day gift last year. He got me a DVD of "The Notebook" and a nice pen with my own notebook. He wrote on the inside about how maybe someday we could write our own story in it. I was shocked at how romantic he had been. Then he signed the card from Evan!! :rotfl:

AMaloy314 said:
:rotfl2:
This sure makes it easier to understand why the Mayans played that ball game where the losers got killed. I'll bet they had a HUGE following!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Gotta love the Myans!!
wonder what you'd yell? "Go Guy Winning!!"

AMaloy314 said:
I have to tell you this story....Remember that beer commercial with "Evan", the perfect sensitive guy that all the regular guys hate? Well, DH got me the best Valentine's Day gift last year. He got me a DVD of "The Notebook" and a nice pen with my own notebook. He wrote on the inside about how maybe someday we could write our own story in it. I was shocked at how romantic he had been. Then he signed the card from Evan!! :rotfl:

That is sooo sweet and sad all at the same time. I have never seen that commercial. Maybe your DH can introduce mine to "Evan".

herodrx1 said:
Hey AMaloy, you didn't tell us if "The Queen" was any good.

We watched "Love Actually" after "the reading" last night. I should have put that down as my favorite movie. I cry all the way through it. Happy tears, sad tears, & funny tears. Its great!!

I've never seen Love Actually. I'll add that one to my someday...list!

The Queen was really good. It was about Tony Blair and trying to make the Monarchy more accessible after the death of Diana. Very enlightening. It made me like the Queen much more, made her more human! I wouldn't be surprised if the actress that played her won the Oscar.

I recommend it, but only for a matinee. it is too short to pay full price...only 97 min. (yeah, I'm cheap that way!)

Gotta go for a few!! Dh is now awake and has to turn in his line-up for FF. I'll try to get back if the guests havn't woken up yet.

Later

Good Morning and Good Bye for today. It is DD's birthday so we are off to church and leaving directly from there to spend the day at the Children's museum with her and a friend and then out for dinnner. I will try to do a drive by hello when we get back tonight!

Tracy Savage said:
No, We have the Steelers to deal with today. That was a good game though wasn't it? I haven't heard the news yet, Is Columbus in one piece?
oooooohhhhh Steelers......don't come between DH and t.v. when they play ;)
:wave: Good morning everyone!!!!!

Good morning Eclipz!! :wave2:

Just in & out myself today. So don't take offense if posts are few & far between.

herodrx1 said:
Good morning Eclipz!! :wave2:

Just in & out myself today. So don't take offense if posts are few & far between.
:rotfl: Just now passed back through and saw your post........no offense taken here!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Just an update from Tim for you all. He has literally been working for the last two days from morning till night developing charts of all the applicants in the different variables being used to decide who is picked for teams. He has writers cramp and a headache. :rotfl: He said to tell you all "Hello" and that he is sorry for being stuck behind the scenes, but he is working non stop to figure out a way to involve as many people that they can in the actual game. :)

Oh, and he wants to know if you guys are behaving and have stayed away from the bananas, the Jim Beam and the lime green underwear.

I'm not so sure I want to know.

Obi-Wan Pinobi said:
Hi everyone! Just an update from Tim for you all. He has literally been working for the last two days from morning till night developing charts of all the applicants in the different variables being used to decide who is picked for teams. He has writers cramp and a headache. :rotfl: He said to tell you all "Hello" and that he is sorry for being stuck behind the scenes, but he is working non stop to figure out a way to involve as many people that they can in the actual game. :)

Oh, and he wants to know if you guys are behaving and have stayed away from the bananas, the Jim Beam and the lime green underwear.

I'm not so sure I want to know.
Good to hear Tim's alive and well. Not so sure you want an honest answer to his questions! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter