GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
herodrx1 said:
Here I found it for ya.------

Good evening friends!

I have good news (which some of you may already have heard ) We were able to get the registration process for Non-US and underage DISers interested in playing Extreme WPASADI finalized!

If you follow this link:

Non-US Resident Application

You will find the application you will need to submit. If you have any trouble with the link, the application can be found at the bottom of the WPASADI webpage that you reach when clicking on the logo on top of the message boards.

I do realize that some forums are missing from the drop down menus on the application. We will not be using choice of forums as a qualifier for Non-US residents so please ignore this part.

Since you will not be eligible to play for the prizes that have a monetary value due to international contest laws, we have come up with a little something for you to play for...

Something we have never done before but we know people wish they could do...

Have you ever seen something said on the DIS by another poster that you thought to yourself "If I was the Tag Fairy...."

Well, let me introduce you to "The Tag Genie". The Tag Genie will be granting people 3 tag wishes. You have 3 days to make your wishes and it is totally up to you to decide how to use them.

You can use them on yourself.. do you want to add your own tag? Change the color of your tag? Add a smilie to your tag? Make your tag scroll? Those are all wishes the Genie can grant to you.

Also, you may grant these tag wishes to others on the board. Know someone that really deserves a tag? The Genie will tag them with what you wish (Within board guidelines of course!) This will be your turn to make others smile the way the Tag Fairy does.

Sound like fun?

How do you win a visit from the Genie? Well the Genie will be watching you all closely looking for great sportsmanship, work above and beyond your assignment and other things he thinks deserves a "poof"

Also, there will be a way that every member of your team will win a chance to win 3 tag wishes. The hosts will set a goal for your contest entry. If you meet the goal, you all win a "poof" from the Genie. An example of the goal would be "Finish within 2 points of the winning team". Maybe the Genie will have more wishes for you if your team comes out on top during a challenge - even beating all the US teams! (which at one point may be quite a few teams! But I've seen you guys work.. you can do it!)

Otherwise, you will all be playing along with the same challenges, same rules, and same time schedule - you will just be competing on two levels - beat the goals set by the hosts to win the wishes, and come out on top of all the Genie teams (Non-US residents) so that you do not have to send anyone home in Tribal Council.

I'm glad we were able to find a way to include all of you in Extreme WPASADI. I wish it could have worked out that we could reward you the real prizes, but we do hope you will have fun playing "tag fairy".

If you have any questions, by all means, please feel free to PM me. Details on how the Genie will work will come once the teams are assigned. Also, please remember that like we said with the other registration, not everyone will be able to be assigned to teams due to limited space and time constraints. Please be sure to fill out your applications carefully!

Also, if you have already filled out the other application, please go ahead and fill out the Non-US one. We will take care of deleting the other one for you.

Carry On! Make it work!

Keep your eye on me. You'll be glad you

----Hope you get to play
Thanks! :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness. Its been almost an hour and no one has posted. Where is everyone? You'd think that the holidays were getting close or something. :goodvibes

I've been really busy lately so I haven't checked in (sorry). But I had to share this for the cocktail party.
mousie.gif
91603l59y3uswbk.gif

HEY ALL

I CAN'T STAY BUT I WANT TO YOU ALL TO CHECK OUT MY NEW THREAD

I AM INTRODUCING SOMEONE............

OFF TO START IT NOW :thumbsup2

So , these tag genie's can go in and mess with our tags ?

If they have the power to add tags , do they have the power
to mess with the ones we already have or change them ??

Afternoon everyone! Had a moment to check in and say Hey! watching football! GO SAINTS :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm taking a short break from working behind the scenes to stop by and welcome our newest member! Be sure to check out Ty's thread here:

Jeeves, our personal assistant

I do have something important to speak to you all about and would love some input.

As of right now, we are about to break 400 applications to play WPASADI and we still have 3+ days left to apply. With the original intent to play approx 77 people in the game, that leaves a lot of disappointed applicants.

Plus several of you have expressed concern over the Tribal Council part of the game - worried about voting off someone you may be close to and hurt feelings and potential arguments.

We also have concerns about the timeline needed for doing challenges, the judging period and the Tribal Council period. It would require everyone to be available at a particular time for Tribal Council, which would be near impossible at times probably. That would extend the challenge periods to about 10 days which would run past the proposed time schedule.

One more issue is the potential applicants that have prior commitments - trips, holidays, etc - and would they still be able to play.

We have taken all of what we consider the "negative" sides of the game into consideration and have been thinking of a way to make it better.

Here is what we propose to change to help with these issues. You tell us what you think.

We propose doing away with Tribal Council. We will have approximately 27 teams (subject to change) representing different boards on the DIS. Each week during team play (approximately the first 6 weeks - subject to change), the teams coming in the bottom 4 places with the lowest scores will be eliminated from the race. Whoops.. I just fell into Phil Keoghan mode there. ;)

This will allow us to give at least half of the people that apply a chance to play on a team. It will eliminate Tribal Council, allow us to have a set schedule every week and the teams will have a good amount of people on them to better complete the challenges within the given time frame. This will also allow the people that have vacations during the time we are doing team challenges a chance to remain in the game if their team does well in judges scoring.

We feel this is the best way to run the challenges. It allows you all to worry more about your team projects than "who will we vote out" or the worry that some people will try to vote out stronger people to make themselves look better when you hit individual challenges. It will help any hurt feelings of having to vote out someone you are fond of. It also makes it easier for the judges who would have had to judge 30+ projects in a short amount of time. This way they will be able to take more time as they grade your entry and give any compliments and critiques they would like to give.

So, how do you all feel about his potential change?

JuneChickie said:
So , these tag genie's can go in and mess with our tags ?

If they have the power to add tags , do they have the power
to mess with the ones we already have or change them ??

Tag Genies only do good, not evil ;) So they won't wipe out the tags you have unless that is what you wish.

Tim,

The changes sound good. Thanks for taking the time to consider all these different aspects and doing what you can to make the game better.

:thumbsup2

Tim Gunn said:
We propose doing away with Tribal Council. We will have approximately 27 teams (subject to change) representing different boards on the DIS. Each week during team play (approximately the first 6 weeks - subject to change), the teams coming in the bottom 4 places with the lowest scores will be eliminated from the race. Whoops.. I just fell into Phil Keoghan mode there. ;)

I love the idea of getting more people involved....but could there be a way for an individual on one of the losing teams to somehow get immunity? Maybe the top players from each of the losing teams make a new team?

It does sound like the judges are going to be VERY busy! With a big pile of papers to grade this week I can sympathize!

I think the changes sound great (was terrified of that Tribal Council thingee!) You have all worked so hard to be accomodating to all!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi Tim,
I like the changes. Especially for the Dis-ers who are going on vacation soon
like me :teeth: when the project begins. Plus the Council change is a good thing to. :goodvibes

Tim Gunn said:
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm taking a short break from working behind the scenes to stop by and welcome our newest member! Be sure to check out Ty's thread here:

Jeeves, our personal assistant

I do have something important to speak to you all about and would love some input.

As of right now, we are about to break 400 applications to play WPASADI and we still have 3+ days left to apply. With the original intent to play approx 77 people in the game, that leaves a lot of disappointed applicants.

Plus several of you have expressed concern over the Tribal Council part of the game - worried about voting off someone you may be close to and hurt feelings and potential arguments.

We also have concerns about the timeline needed for doing challenges, the judging period and the Tribal Council period. It would require everyone to be available at a particular time for Tribal Council, which would be near impossible at times probably. That would extend the challenge periods to about 10 days which would run past the proposed time schedule.

One more issue is the potential applicants that have prior commitments - trips, holidays, etc - and would they still be able to play.

We have taken all of what we consider the "negative" sides of the game into consideration and have been thinking of a way to make it better.

Here is what we propose to change to help with these issues. You tell us what you think.

This will allow us to give at least half of the people that apply a chance to play on a team. It will eliminate Tribal Council, allow us to have a set schedule every week and the teams will have a good amount of people on them to better complete the challenges within the given time frame. This will also allow the people that have vacations during the time we are doing team challenges a chance to remain in the game if their team does well in judges scoring.

We feel this is the best way to run the challenges. It allows you all to worry more about your team projects than "who will we vote out" or the worry that some people will try to vote out stronger people to make themselves look better when you hit individual challenges. It will help any hurt feelings of having to vote out someone you are fond of. It also makes it easier for the judges who would have had to judge 30+ projects in a short amount of time. This way they will be able to take more time as they grade your entry and give any compliments and critiques they would like to give.

Hmmmm - I think that SHOULD help the game come to better fruition. Personally, I think these proposed changes would help a smoother game process. How many people might be on a team?

& Hey, thanks for Jeeves too - he seems like a friendly sot! :thumbsup2

And, also, THANK YOU for all of the hard work You & your team are doing to accomodate ALL of us. This game is going to TOTALLY rock! I'm still looking forward to this event & hope that I can participate on a team! It WILL be fun! :Pinkbounc

MsLeFever said:
I love the idea of getting more people involved....but could there be a way for an individual on one of the losing teams to somehow get immunity? Maybe the top players from each of the losing teams make a new team?

It does sound like the judges are going to be VERY busy! With a big pile of papers to grade this week I can sympathize!

Interesting twist there, MsL! And you know how we love twists so anything is possible!

Tim, The plan sounds good. I have to tell you though during the pre-game clues I used the Ask Jeeves. Yeah, he didn't help! :rotfl:

Tim,
These sound like great ideas, and a bit of a safe guard to some of these new budding friendships that we are making here. Thanks for thinking about us again!

Would this end up changing the final amount in the individual competitions?

These changes sound good especially if it will allow more people to be involved. I know we all want a chance to play so the more you can pick the better. Thank you so much for putting so much time into this TY and TIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter