GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it would be faboo if, when WPASADI wraps up, they add our post counts from the private boards to our counts here!!

Hi, all! Major bummer over here -- the total lunar eclipse starts in the next hour, and our skies are completely overcast, dagnabbit!! :mad:
I'm sorry to hear that. We're supposed to see it early on tonight. Isn't that kind of cool though? You're way over there where it will be in the next hour, and we'll be able to see it 3 or 4 hours from now. I'm wishing really hard for your clouds to clear in time for you to see at least some of it!

Edited to add: Here's what is says for U.S. east coast:

Venus will be unmistakable, gleaming over the western horizon after sunset.

The complete lunar eclipse will be visible from Europe and Africa. But East Coast residents will have to settle for a moon that rises already in full eclipse, which will be at 5:56 p.m. in Baltimore. The period of totality will last about an hour after moonrise, with the deepest point of the eclipse at 6:20 p.m.

During totality, the northern edge of the moon's disk may appear somewhat brighter than the southern edge, the one that's deepest in Earth's shadow.

At 6:57 p.m., the moon will begin to emerge from the east side of the shadow, brightening first on its upper left edge. By 8:11 p.m., the partial phase of the eclipse will end, and the full moon will shine brightly again.

It's a small world after all! I suppose there's still a chance we can see something -- maybe I should tell my kids to join me outside and have us all blow as hard as we can towards the clouds! :) Think it'll work?

It's a small world after all! I suppose there's still a chance we can see something -- maybe I should tell my kids to join me outside and have us all blow as hard as we can towards the clouds! :) Think it'll work?
That depends. How many kids do you have? ;) I guess the most difficult part is remembering exactly where the moon should be in the sky since yours will be total? We've got scattered clouds right now, but I'm hoping they'll clear enough to see anything we can.

I still think it would be faboo if, when WPASADI wraps up, they add our post counts from the private boards to our counts here!!

Hi, all! Major bummer over here -- the total lunar eclipse starts in the next hour, and our skies are completely overcast, dagnabbit!! :mad:

Well, at least that is better than over here. It is now dark, so if their is an eclipse I am not going to see it... :rotfl2:

Lynn...I hope it works out ok for you. That was always my biggest fear in the challenges...messing up something so simple. One of the reasons why I think I always was afraid to hit the send button!

:wizard: here's hoping this guy can ~*poof*~ some magic your way.

I sent mine this morning and BCC myself after word counting MANY times. Grammer? check! Spellcheck? Check!

Got the BCC and lo and behold...used the word ****oo..A no-no...it now looks like xxxboo...Hope the judges will know what that means!! :lmao:

Do they have big mouths? Then go for it!:rotfl2:

If I can get them to channel the energy they use to fight with one another, we could very well be responsible for starting category 35 hurricanes over the Atlantic!

I sent mine this morning and BCC myself after word counting MANY times. Grammer? check! Spellcheck? Check!

Got the BCC and lo and behold...used the word ****oo..A no-no...it now looks like xxxboo...Hope the judges will know what that means!! :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Are we all new at this or what??? I know they said it was a "get your feet wet" challenge, but a lot of us seem to be treading water!!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, as time differences go, this is where I sign off for the night. Good night. :goodvibes One quick multiquote and I am off..

Do they have big mouths? Then go for it!:rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

:lmao:

That depends. How many kids do you have? ;) I guess the most difficult part is remembering exactly where the moon should be in the sky since yours will be total? We've got scattered clouds right now, but I'm hoping they'll clear enough to see anything we can.

:rotfl2:

Well, I supposed you're just going to have to settle for looking at me. ;) ;)

Well, then I supposed you'll have to settle for talking to one. ;) ;) ;)

I was about to say you are an eclipse, and then I just got it. :crazy: :lmao:

Isn't it dark in Germany? Does that mean you just see the circle of the moon? I think I'm confused...finishing my second glass of wine here. Yes...I started early.

Isn't it dark in Germany? Does that mean you just see the circle of the moon? I think I'm confused...finishing my second glass of wine here. Yes...I started early.

Well, it starts out as a normal full moon, then it gets more crescenty as it enters the Earth's shadow, then when it's fully eclipsed it sort of glows a dull red, which would be very cool to see, say tonight, for example (argh!). Then it goes through the process in reverse. All told, it should be going on for about 4 hours tonight, right there above those clouds (argh!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter