GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pokemon, guess who I just saw on VH1

Amy Whinehouse "I'm no good"

I thought it was funny since we were just talking about her taking over the world!!:confused3

:wave: Good morning. I posted my "BIG oops" a few back. :rolleyes:

DS has had lots of company since he injured himself. Older ds has friends that come in to "entertain" him too. I'm not sure what all was going on the other night in the basement with about 6 of them, but I had to go down and tell them "this is not a zoo."[/quote]

maybe they thought they were at Animal Kingdom???:lmao: :lmao:

Good Morning :wave2:

Drive by posting--I have to go and help hawk GS cookies in front of WallyWorld this morning :headache:

Hey Pokemon, guess who I just saw on VH1

Amy Whinehouse "I'm no good"

I thought it was funny since we were just talking about her taking over the world!!:confused3

OMG.. :scared1: It's started!!

"I'm No good" is Amy's other Hit that is in our charts now. I haven't heard it yet... (Should I be grateful?? :lmao: ) but if it's in the charts, it must be good (right??? :confused3 :rotfl2: ). Did you like it?? :)

Would you like more lessons on English Music??? (Well, tough luck if you don't; I'm going to say anyway!! :lmao: )

Right... As I mentioned in an earlier post, the current best song in the charts is the Kaiser Cheifs with "Ruby". (check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDcOViViNY ). These guys are famous for three songs. "Everyday I love you less and less", where the song is exactly what it says on the tin. "I predict a Riot"; describing what happened in a town where they once were in a Hotel (don't listen to that; it's weird all of what they sing about!!!!! :scared1: ), and "Oh My God", which I have no clue what it is about.

I don't know how popular "Ruby" is right now, but it is quite funky. :thumbsup2 My prediction is that a group called "Take That" will be popular with their new song "Shine" (check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuX0eTjJRk ).

Let me talk to you about Take that. Once apon a time, around the time where I was young (but couldn't remember them; sorry), there was a boyband called Take That. They were very popular, but alas, like all if not most boybands, they had their disagreements and split. Some of them release a couple of solo ablums, and that was it. But their was one member whose popularity grew despite the fact he was a sideshow to the others.

His name was Robbie Williams. He released a lot of songs, made a lot of publicity and money, and even has his own waxwork sculpture at Madame Tussands in London. Whilst the others did nothing, he made himself what he is today. (although, about 2 weeks ago he booked himself into Rehab ~ Price of fame??)

About 10 Years ago, the other members got together and started to make music again. They spent 10 years on their comeback single called "Patience", which was released last year, and subsquently can't go a week without someone wanting to play the darn thing on the radio! It is that repeatitive, but alas, in the UK, if their is appeal to middle aged women or teenage girls, people will buy anything.

They have now released a new single and are playing in concert now (their tickets sold out in about 10 minutes and were put onto Ebay by lots of greedy people). But, they still miss Robbie despite the fact he went and ditched them. He was offered to come back at any time, but to be honest, will he???

There you go, I have given you lots of English musical ideas to go and research. Enjoy! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes They might come to you anyway if your not careful!! :rotfl2:

One note about "Take That". They have aged terribly.... :scared1: They no longer have that boyband factor that means that women (and some men probably.. ;) ) will buy their music, and will have to rely on their musical talents to get by..

(I give them about a year or two before their prerecorded stuff runs out.. :lmao: )

Thanks for the Music insight. I'll go and take a look. My kids think I'm so cool when I show them "hot" new tunes!!

I'm off for the day. Going to go to a gift show and stock up the store, then to a play tonight. It should be a good day IF the kids cooperate with the plan!

I'll talk at ya later!

OMG.. :scared1: It's started!!

"I'm No good" is Amy's other Hit that is in our charts now. I haven't heard it yet... (Should I be grateful?? :lmao: ) but if it's in the charts, it must be good (right??? :confused3 :rotfl2: ). Did you like it?? :)

Would you like more lessons on English Music??? (Well, tough luck if you don't; I'm going to say anyway!! :lmao: )

Right... As I mentioned in an earlier post, the current best song in the charts is the Kaiser Cheifs with "Ruby". (check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDcOViViNY ). These guys are famous for three songs. "Everyday I love you less and less", where the song is exactly what it says on the tin. "I predict a Riot"; describing what happened in a town where they once were in a Hotel (don't listen to that; it's weird all of what they sing about!!!!! :scared1: ), and "Oh My God", which I have no clue what it is about.

I don't know how popular "Ruby" is right now, but it is quite funky. :thumbsup2 My prediction is that a group called "Take That" will be popular with their new song "Shine" (check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuX0eTjJRk ).

Let me talk to you about Take that. Once apon a time, around the time where I was young (but couldn't remember them; sorry), there was a boyband called Take That. They were very popular, but alas, like all if not most boybands, they had their disagreements and split. Some of them release a couple of solo ablums, and that was it. But their was one member whose popularity grew despite the fact he was a sideshow to the others.

His name was Robbie Williams. He released a lot of songs, made a lot of publicity and money, and even has his own waxwork sculpture at Madame Tussands in London. Whilst the others did nothing, he made himself what he is today. (although, about 2 weeks ago he booked himself into Rehab ~ Price of fame??)

About 10 Years ago, the other members got together and started to make music again. They spent 10 years on their comeback single called "Patience", which was released last year, and subsquently can't go a week without someone wanting to play the darn thing on the radio! It is that repeatitive, but alas, in the UK, if their is appeal to middle aged women or teenage girls, people will buy anything.

They have now released a new single and are playing in concert now (their tickets sold out in about 10 minutes and were put onto Ebay by lots of greedy people). But, they still miss Robbie despite the fact he went and ditched them. He was offered to come back at any time, but to be honest, will he???

There you go, I have given you lots of English musical ideas to go and research. Enjoy! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes They might come to you anyway if your not careful!! :rotfl2:

I didn't really like Amy Whinehouse. Not really my style.
The Kasier Chiefs have a good sound but again I wouldn't buy it.
Take That sounds a bit "produced". Know what I mean? Not real talent. I can see the boy band grown up in them.

I've heard of Robbie Williams. He is a crazy dude. Sorta cute but a total whack job!

I really like Mat Kearney right now. He isn't really hot here yet but I like his sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kgurEvegWI

and Daughtry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LbkqHheOM

Do you have either of these guys over there?? What do you think of them??

Oh yeah I know it well! When I pmed myself my entry I copied and pasted into another so I could tweek it. Then was soooooo impressed with myself I decieded why wait just send it in. So I added t and t's names to the send list and sent it. When I opened up my copy I noticed that when I copied and pasted my entry has a little extra on it. :eek: Hopefully since this is our first time doing the challenges through pm the judges will give a little leway on our little faux pas? YEAH RIGHT! :rotfl:

Hey maybe it was fate and maybe the old copy was actually better than the first. You never know with the judges what they will consider good and what they consider not so good.
Unfortunately, it wasn't just a matter of which copy was written better. It involved word count and it dawned on me right after I posted on the other thread last night.

Here's how the thread was going:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmikayb
360 for my first one. I had to take some good stuff out!

My reply was : "Removing a line here or there was ok. But when it got down to 210 or so, it really got tough!"

:sad1: right after I posted that is when it dawned on me what I had done. By the time I got the pm'd copy to myself enough to get it looking ok, I completely forgot I was working with the wrong copy. Each time I edited in Word, I saved it to a new file. That way, if I got too off base when trying to edit out extra words to make the 200 or less, I could just go back to the previous one and start again. The final copy, with 200, was not the one I submitted. Instead, it's the one that I was referring to in the above post. :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache:

Oh dear!!!:hug: :headache: :scared1:
I am SO mad at myself!!! I was following your instructions for the pm stuff and really pleased with how good it was going. Too pleased with myself, I guess. :rolleyes: The one I sent was only 10 words over on one article, but it might as well be 110. And thinking back, I could've been using the real copy to practice with because the original was saved in Word. If I screwed up, it's not like I would've lost that or something. :dance3:

Thanks for the Music insight. I'll go and take a look. My kids think I'm so cool when I show them "hot" new tunes!!

I'm off for the day. Going to go to a gift show and stock up the store, then to a play tonight. It should be a good day IF the kids cooperate with the plan!

I'll talk at ya later!

Aww.. I know how you feel. My cousin thinks I am so cool with my insight into pokemon. :goodvibes

:wave: Goodbye! Have a nice day. Oh, and try not to think too much about the Tag Fairy... ;) If she hasn't come by now, what makes you think she will now!! :lmao:

I am SO mad at myself!!! I was following your instructions for the pm stuff and really pleased with how good it was going. Too pleased with myself, I guess. :rolleyes: The one I sent was only 10 words over on one article, but it might as well be 110. And thinking back, I could've been using the real copy to practice with because the original was saved in Word. If I screwed up, it's not like I would've lost that or something. :dance3:

:hug: I am sure the judges will understand!

:grouphug:

Yeah just like they did with the Commandos, lots of luck my dear.

:hug: I am sure the judges will understand!

:grouphug:
I pm'd Ty and Tim to beg for mercy last night right after I realized it. Then again this morning. I am not happy with myself at all! I was sooooo careful to get the word count down and check and recheck. And then I do something totally.................

Oh well, nothing else I can do about it now.

I've heard of Robbie Williams. He is a crazy dude. Sorta cute but a total whack job!

I really like Mat Kearney right now. He isn't really hot here yet but I like his sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kgurEvegWI

and Daughtry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LbkqHheOM

Do you have either of these guys over there?? What do you think of them??

Robbie Definetly is :crazy:

Those two haven't made it over here yet. I didn't quite like Daughtry; he sounded like so many other people I have heard before. Don't know why.. :confused3 Think the song is kinda catchy though; might make it if It comes over

Mat Kearney has a nice beat. :thumbsup2 Although his voice sound like something else before him as well, but hopefully that means that it will mean that he can break into our charts a bit easier due to familiarity.

Ooh it's so nice to listen to other people's music. :goodvibes

I pm'd Ty and Tim to beg for mercy last night right after I realized it. Then again this morning. I am not happy with myself at all! I was sooooo careful to get the word count down and check and recheck. And then I do something totally.................

Did you PM Jeeves, too? He's the one who's accepting the challenges right? I'd let him know, too. Since it's before the deadline, I'm sure they'll be merciful!

Oh, and good morning everyone!!! (I've been lurking in and out this morning, but forgot to say anything!) It's sunny and beautiful and spring here in northern CA today--one of the few times of the year that I actually really like the weather here. This summer, you'll be hearing me moaning and groaning all the way out there in the eastern states where so many of you are about the above 100 temps and the blazing, unforgivable sun.:scared:

Oooh poor you.. :hug:

Instead of Pixiedust, would it help if I gave you a pixie????

You never know, it could come in handy. :thumbsup2

Re-send it before the deadline with an explanation. If they receive the real copy before deadline, I would think they will discard the first one. They have done this before with the audience challenge.

Re-send it before the deadline with an explanation. If they receive the real copy before deadline, I would think they will discard the first one. They have done this before with the audience challenge.
I already did that at 12:38 a.m. when I was suddenly jolted wide awake. I really felt a closeness to SJ. Soooooo careful with all the details, re-reading the rules over and over.......arrrrghhh!!!

th_stupid.gif
(I knew there'd be a smiley for the occassion!)

th_stupid.jpg

Oooh poor you.. :hug:

Instead of Pixiedust, would it help if I gave you a pixie????

You never know, it could come in handy. :thumbsup2
Thanks Matt! Now I'm sitting here counting how many times the pixie bounces! ;)
one, two, three,.......201, 202, 203...:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter