Golf Cart ?

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
I've rented a golf cart for our entire 11 day stay for Thanksgiving but OUCH! Still having a hard time justifying the cost....
Do you all really think it is necessary? Is it possible to return the cart early and not have to pay for the entire time if we think we won't need it the whole 11 days once we get there? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and I'd love to hear from those of you who have gone without one. Did you wish afterward that you had rented one??

The golf cart is always an important part of our stay (even though it is hard to justify the $). It makes it much easier to run to the Meadows, catch the fireworks at the beach, see the sunset, get the kid asleep, etc.

However, if it was only a trip of able-bodied adults who could ride bikes we would not rent a golf cart. However, with little kids and senior citizens it can really help make the trip a success.

If you decide you don't want the golf cart the entire trip you can return it by check-in time to get a refund of the balance.

We've rented a golf cart, too-------Here's how I justify it:

We can decide to go anywhere in FW, & be there in 5 minutes
(as opposed to having to put the kids in the strollers, walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, riding the bus, with all the stops it makes...1/2 hr. or more??) To me, it lets us make spur-of-the-moment plans, without the hassle.....

I love riding around the campground, seeing all the decorations that people have put up around their campsites....Here's a picture of one that I saw last Thanksgiving:

Mickey in the Trees at FW

And, with 2 tired toddlers coming back from MK, it's nice to know you can get off the boat, & hop in your cart, without having to wait for the bus......

Even so, I think the cost is steep--I wish they still allowed delivery of off-site rentals.......

(Doin' the single digit dance :cool1:

Hi hulagirl,
We had the golf cart for our seven night stay last year and we used it a lot; you definitely won't regret renting one!

They do give a discount for a weekly rental vice day by day; maybe you can just rent it for a week and do without it for the other four days?
:D

We just returned on Wednesday, and we wish that we had rented one. Our cabin was at the back of a loop, and it took us two busses to get to the Meadows for groceries. We found the transportation from FW to be long and confusing, we would never stay there again without renting our own car or a golf cart. You are doing the right thing, have fun!

Thanks everyone! That settles it... I know at WDW sometimes it is worth it to pay for convenience, especially when you have little ones. We'll keep the cart and I'll tell you what I think when I get back.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter