Golf Cart Owners - How do you transport your carts?

We pull a trailer behind our MH but, when we had the 5'er I had this built on it
Cartrack.jpg

We have a truck. What's the trick to getting one in the bed of it?

Sturdy ramps are important aluminum since they are light I broke wood ones once with the front in the bed not fun. also make sure to secure the ramps to the truck or else they might kick out similar feeling to them breaking. Once in the truck sometimes the bed is not long enough to close the tailgate you can take the cables and put them over the lock pins and it will hold the gate at about 45 degrees holding the cart in and out of the way of the camper. Another way is to back the truck into a ditch and pull the cart on the only problem with this method is you need a ditch at both ends of the trip but not as scary loading or unloading

I have hauled our cart in the 8' bed of our truck. We had a 5er with a swivel wheel on the back to put our cart on. Now we got a new toy hauler that can hold 2 carts inside.

What about height limitations? Is the canopy of a golf cart removable?

We just load it on the trailer and hook it up to the MH. And away we go. Works great. The MH doesn't even know the gc is back there.

Dan B

We haul ours in the back of dh's long bed truck. With the back seat assembly, the tail gate does not close, and we use the 45 degree angle trick mentioned previously. We always take the top and windshield off if we are hauling it a substantial distance at any speed over 45 mph. We've lost a windshield when we first bought the cart by not removing it...never again! The top is held on by 4 bolts and not very difficult to remove and replace. We use the arched steel ramps, and yes its a bit scary loading. :worried: We have a steep driveway that levels out toward the bottom, so thats a good place to load/unload. Here is a pic...

pretrip.jpg

When we had our TT, we use to put the cart in the bed of our truck. Had an extended hitch. But now that we have a motorhome we pull it with a open flatbed trailer.

Same here. And last time we pulled the trailer to the Fort, we had enough room on our site to keep it there.

What-we-tow-for-web.jpg

I bought a set of these ramps ( no, they ain't cheap ). And for those with even more money, get one of these.

Personally we have a 7x10 Pace enclosed trailer for both the golf cart and our Harleys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter