Golf Cart Owners - How do you transport your carts?

SnowyWhite

Skinny cooks can't be trusted !!!
How do all of you fortunate folks with your own personal golf carts transport them on vacations? Toy Haulers? What are the towable options? Does anyone have a motorhome with an extended external cargo area off the back? (I once saw an ATV transported on a motorhome on the highway that way)

The extended trailers are the way to go, however, they are very pricey and out of our range. We are fortunate that we live close enough that we bring our cart on a trailer with a separate vehicle. We bought a trailer for the cart that has a load weight of 2000lbs so that we can tow it with the MH or the jeep. That kind of trailer might be in our future, but still a long way off.

When we had our TT, we put the cart in the bed of the truck, but it was a PITA and it was easier to get the trailer.

When we had our TT, we use to put the cart in the bed of our truck. Had an extended hitch. But now that we have a motorhome we pull it with a open flatbed trailer.

I rent a 5x10 utillity trailer from a local guy(who beats the hell out of U-hauls prices) ant pull it behind the suv. A toyhauler may verywell be in my future...but we're taking baby steps to get where were going.

What do you do with your flatbed trailers once you get to your site?

And THANKS for the info!

We have a toyhauler, sold the MH to get it.

What do you do with your flatbed trailers once you get to your site?

And THANKS for the info!

If you have room on the driveway, you can leave it there, OR there is something the Fort calls the "Overflow" or "Day" lot where the trailer can be parked. Just make sure you go to the Outpost and get a special parking tag for it. (They give you a ziploc bag and a ziptie, to secure it to the trailer).

I just rolled mine to the rear corner of the site, as long as the wheels are on the sand bed its ok. But that depends on how much extra space you have after setting up....Im in a tent......but with a 30+ footer..ya probably have to bring it to the overflow lot that clkelley mentioned.

a110d317.jpg

If ya look to the left of the red tent, you can just about make out the trailer...decorated with a beautiful green towel;)

The extended trailers are the way to go, however, they are very pricey and out of our range. We are fortunate that we live close enough that we bring our cart on a trailer with a separate vehicle. We bought a trailer for the cart that has a load weight of 2000lbs so that we can tow it with the MH or the jeep. That kind of trailer might be in our future, but still a long way off.

When we had our TT, we put the cart in the bed of the truck, but it was a PITA and it was easier to get the trailer.

We would like to get one of the "double decker" trailer/tow dollies. But like you said Jen.... out of our price range right now. When we go to FtW for a weekend, we generally don't take a separate vehicle, so we trailer the GEM behind the MH. If we are spending 4 or more days at FtW, DH drives the MH & I tow the GEM with the Explorer. It works - but only because we're so close.

It's cute that you and DH are so close with each other.

A long enough truck bed, some "very" stable loading ramps, and a lot of guts. Apparently it's pretty scary driving those things up and down the ramps into a truck bed.

We have a truck. What's the trick to getting one in the bed of it?

good ramps, and nerves of steel. You need to get it going fast enough to get in the bed, and then stop on a dime. That's why we have a toy hauler now, as I almost killed myself getting into our old truck.

I normaly haul my cart in a 12' enclosed trailer along with the kids bikes and other stuff but I figured up the fuel cost and I am using an 8' open trailer this time

5 ' X 10' utility trailer with the wooden deck new around 1K you could also rent this type of trailer. Don't get the type with the mesh deck as it will not hold the cart (the cart will bend the mesh out of shape) This is what I use.

04_5x10WF_OT_LG.jpg

We have a 40' motor home and there has always been enough room on the site for the trailer usually behind the motor home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter