Golden Lite Rider safety flag

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
we are the proud owners of a new Golden Lite Rider ECV. Came with a free safety flag. We can’t figure out where it’s supposed to connect. Anyone know?

We e seen some ECVs with a flag on a flexible stick fastened right behind the seat.
Might it go there (and maybe they only send the flag and not the stick??? - LOL)

My TravelScoot came with a safety flag and a special clamp. I don't use it at WDW because I worry that (for example) at fireworks, or if I am in front of folks at Rivers of Light or Fantasmic or another show, the flag might be a problem for someone else. I don't want to be "that person" :)

My hubby wants me to use it all the time (he is Safety Guy, all day, every day LOL) but the only time I use it is at State Fair - and that's so my family can find me easily in the crowds! :)

As Sue mentioned, there might be a thin slit on the back of your seat to slide the safety flag down into.

The older mobility scooters had a metal hole on the rear of the mobility scooter's rear frame on either side. That is what was on my old Pride REVO mobility scooter.

But with the newer mobility scooter, I don't really see this feature anymore.

Your seat may have a small opening on the back. If it does, it is on the edge of the space to stuff things in. It might be thin looking, but it was used on some Golden Lite seats. But maybe not on your seat.

Wouldn't a pole sticking up above everyone either be in the way for people trying to see, or be a safety hazard (if it got snagged on something and flexed back) or is it much lower than I am thinking? I'm thinking of those flags kids had on their bikes years ago. Those things used to snag on signs, etc.

Wouldn't a pole sticking up above everyone either be in the way for people trying to see, or be a safety hazard (if it got snagged on something and flexed back) or is it much lower than I am thinking? I'm thinking of those flags kids had on their bikes years ago. Those things used to snag on signs, etc.

That's why I don't use the flag that came with my TravelScoot. My family had *all kinds* of ideas for a replacement-Disney-themed flag to put on the pole, but I have nixed that because as much fun as it would be for *me*, I think it might be irritating to other Guests.

Having said that, I can see why someone might want to use it at WDW - it would provide great visibility if an ECV user got separated from their group. I don't know about the flag/pole that came with @EpcotQueen's scooter, but mine has 3 short fiberglass rods that connect and a laminated fabric "flag" (more like a pennant LOL) advertising the manufacturer. I'm not even sure if WDW Security would allow it into the Parks to be honest.

Now that I think about it... I don't recall ever seeing one of those flags on any device in the Parks. Hmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter